How is everyone doing with MOC?

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2022' started by littlekiwi, Jan 12, 2022.

1. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I'm caught up surprisingly....helps that job applications haven't really been a factor yet (I've had to do one in 17 days, I think last year I'd done about 10 by now)

2. littlekiwi

5 layouts done in two days including the one thats just gone up. Had to do it tonight if at all possible as I'm from 10am until probably 3 if not 4pm tomorrow (Tuesday) which I knew would be the case so I was glad for an easier challenge. Going to hope for the same in a few days time as I'm also out on Friday but for a lot less time (probably only 1pm til about 4 or 5pm)

3. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

i did today, bu my days sure look like hell, i am not even trying to make look nice I guess. No way to help my depression, I need to overlook the bad, or i will always feel this way

Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
  4. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

This is me... except instead of summer it helps me cope with the absolute worst part of winter! Every year in January seasonal depression hits. It's so nice to have new challenges to look forward to every day. I go in with low expectations of finishing, but most years I am able to pull it off! I am three challenges behind, I think. Apart from making my own pages, I just really love seeing so many people participating and all the unique takes on each challenge. So much talent and creativity here! I love this hobby and that I get to share it with all of you.

5. mary kate

mary kate Well-Known Member

@Cath_, your layouts look great, and congrats on the Froggy Fave!

I'm currently 2 layouts behind. I'm at least halfway done with Day 14 Mosaic Photo Effect, but haven't really started Day 9 Year in Review (except to jot down a few ideas).

Still hoping to complete all 31, but I do have my moments of pessimism/doubt...!

Cath_ likes this.
  6. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Today's challenge (1/17) actually worked perfectly for the next layout in my cousin's book. Since I didn't use TLP product I can't post it but I really love the extremely large title at the bottom of the page. I also learned something new in PSP that really helped in doing that!

7. FL-Karen

FL-Karen Well-Known Member

This is my first MOC and I'm loving it!! I am tried a new technique of mosaic and I really LOVE it! It's one of those layouts that I keep going back to look at.... LOL.
    I am having a wonderful time even though I was behind. I just posted one, leaving on the one day remaining to do; until midnight comes around, ROFL.
    Hoping that I am following all the rules.

Karen and A-M like this.
  8. littlekiwi

Well I had every intention of doing todays one asap but laptop issues are doing my head in. Realising there’s a really high chance I might not finish now if things get worse. I’m trying not to be negative or anything, I’m just realistic about my situation right now. I’m super disappointed if that is to be the case as I’m loving MOC.

9. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

I am sooo behind right now because I am home sick! Such a bad timing......

10. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Oh no! That is terrible timing! I'm so sorry! I hope you feel better soon!

11. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

Thanks Karen! :beat
    Lucky me that the ones I have to do now is a bit less technically complicated since I tackled the Mosaic and the Filled Page ones.... :blush

Karen likes this.
  12. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

I've never much cared for the monochromatic pages, so I'm trying to figure out a cool way to do it this year. LOL

bestcee likes this.
  13. littlekiwi

yeah this one has stumped me too..100% Black or White is tough for me to even come up with an idea for what photo let alone anything else about the challenge

14. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

Not so good today. Was doing all white in photoshop for todays layout. It was running so so so slow, cold start computer, didnt help. Then when done, couldn't see the layer names or filenames on drive... But got the layout done

15. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

I'm caught up still although the monochromatic layout was a challenge -- and I think typing up the credits took even longer!

Karen likes this.
  16. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

I tried the black and it just didn’t work. I didn’t like it. The white took me nearly all day, but I am pleased with the result.

Karen likes this.
  17. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I'm finally all caught up! I scrapped three pages today and my body's feeling it. I may have to take tomorrow off but that'll just bring me back to being behind. Oh well!

I thought about doing black, but I didn't because I wouldn't be able to see what I'm doing. Simple as that. At least you tried!

I'm so sorry you're sick! It's so hard to scrap when they body's letting you down. I'm just getting better. The brain fog is lifting and I finally feel like being a bit creative again.

18. pagefrocks

pagefrocks ♥•:*¨¨*:•♥•:*¨¨*:•.♥

I started the new year with covid, so started off late . . . but am nearly caught up. I haven't put anything in the gallery yet . . . hope there isn't a daily limit? I've been keeping meticulous notes on what I'm using for each layout and hope to get them uploaded this weekend and back on track for next week with only a daily layout to do. I keep finding myself getting hung on perfection this year . . . ugh, I thought I was over this for MOC!!

Karen likes this.
  19. Aerobigirl

Aerobigirl Well-Known Member

I'm all caught up, but my daughter has an out of town cheer competition 1/29 and 1/30 so I have to stay caught up since I won't have that last weekend to power-scrap.

Karen likes this.
  20. littlekiwi

the wheels are falling off now....did so well up until about two days ago then the black and white challenge threw me....still don't know how I'm going to approach that one yet and I have half an idea for today's challenge. My biggest battle now is whether my laptop will see the end of MOC