January 11: Where I Live

Discussion in 'MOC 10 Challenges' started by jk703, Jan 11, 2022.

1. bumblebeee

bumblebeee Well-Known Member

2. breeoxd

breeoxd Well-Known Member

3. jetjez

jetjez Swim the deepest ocean

[​IMG]

I live in the middle of the bulb country and we have a parade every year that loads of people come and watch where the floats are made up of the flowers from the bulbs that have bloomed that year

5 items: 1 compass, 1 globe, 2 arrows and little paper airplane

Edited page as I realised I didn't make the 100 word count. Should be ok now.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2022
    jk703 likes this.
  4. Marilyn

Marilyn Well-Known Member

Day 11 - Where I Live
    Gallery:
    11-MOC-WhereILive.jpg A
    118 words
    5 pieces: Arrows, state cut-out, bullets, push pin

**I chose not to post my actual location for privacy purposes**

jk703 likes this.
  5. Smwhite

Smwhite Well-Known Member

Loved this challenge... all location items and journaling are listed in credits.
    Where-I-Live-web.jpg

jk703 likes this.
  6. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

[​IMG]
    102 Words; Compass flair x2, Geo tag, Idaho outline & Arrows
    Journaling: We LOVE Silverwood! It’s just an hour away from home & just small enough to explore all of it in one day! Even better- the kids usually get a free ticket each from school for reading! The kids love the wave pool in the waterpark- Boulder Beach. They love all the kid rides in Garfield’s Summer Camp. We love the games, ferris wheel & antique cars in the Country Carnival! Thankfully, none of us are fans of the big rides in Coaster Alley! On Main Street- we always ride the Train that circles the entire park and the Carousel before we leave!

jk703 likes this.
  7. Jan

Jan I'm sorry, I can't. I'm busy doing nothing!

I used a map from the Internet, a map marker, two arrows, a compass, and a globe. Lost track of the word count at about 150 so I figure I have over 200.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 25, 2022
    jk703 and amien1 like this.
  8. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

Great Challenge thanks Jenn!
    Here's my page :)
    Location Inspired Items:
    4 arrows, 1 metal compass, 1 compass stamp, 3 map elements, 2 location pointers, 1 location pointer stamp, 1 Australia travel stamp.
    [​IMG]

jk703 and wombat146 like this.
  9. Claire Grantham

Claire Grantham Pollywog

I have 167 words and my 5 travel related elements are x2 cameras, x1 map, x1 arrow, x1 car, x1 geotab indicator.
    Tampa is not my hometown - I am from London. But lived in NYC with my hubby for 8 years before relocating to Tampa. We love it and are looking forward to exploring it. I have lived in lots of places - Hamburg, Bellingham (WA) and Amsterdam. I have wanted to live in Tampa for quite some time and it is totally living up to my expectations.

[​IMG]

jk703 likes this.
  10. sharonb

sharonb Cher Memere

In the first paragraph, there are 108 words. The second and third paragraphs are quotes, so they are not included in the word count. (wasn't sure if they would), so I just made my journaling as per instructions. I used a football, 2 word arts, goal post, trophy, 2 frames, a stamp, football border, alpha and helmet. The fleur de lis is a cut out I made and used papers to recolor them.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 13, 2022
    jk703 likes this.
  11. MariSt

MariSt Well-Known Member

106 words. I used a geotag, a map, a you are here banner, an arrow, and a compass. Fun challenge!
    [​IMG]

jk703 likes this.
  12. navaja77

navaja77 Well-Known Member

5 items - roadway, road sign, mountain, city and wordstrip
    [​IMG]

jk703 likes this.
  13. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

My journaling is 173 words and I used +5 travel items - map background paper, two arrows, a globe, a camera (on the brad), a compass stamp, a geotag etc. I also used a Traveler´s Notebook template which must count as a bonus, right? :agree
    Do I love everything about our little village? No, definitely not but I chose to focus on the good!!! :blush :beat
    Thanks for a wonderful challenge Jenn!

[​IMG]

jk703 likes this.
  14. barbaraj

barbaraj Well-Known Member

5 location items: compass, globe, map, bike, description arrow. journaling 175 words

[​IMG]

jk703 likes this.
  15. knclark

knclark Chocolate snob

Map, 2 Compasses, 2 arrows,

[​IMG]

jk703 likes this.
  16. 3BluEyedBabies

3BluEyedBabies Falling for pumpkin ...

Thanks for hosting this fun challenge! Apparently, I do not own a lot of location-based elements! I had a heck of a time finding some! I don't usually share where I live on the internet, so I hope this page stays private ;)! You gals are really rocking this challenge! I've only read a few LOs so far, but the talent shown through this challenge is fabulous!!

[​IMG]

5 elements: 3 different arrows, 1 compass flair, 1 compass patch
    journaling {315 words}:

Lititz, the town I live in with a population of about 9, 335, was voted "Coolest Small Town" in 2013, which is the year we moved here. The town was founded in 1749 by Moravians seeking religious freedom and they controlled the town for 100 years. The Moravian star is still an important symbol used throughout the town today, especially at Christmas time. Today, the town is known for its many unique shops, cafes, architecture, covered bridges, parks, and friendly atmosphere. The Wilbur Chocolate company has been making chocolate here since 1930. In 1818, the town celebrated its first Independence Day celebration, and it's now the longest-running 4th of July celebration in the country. The first pretzel bakery was built here in 1784, and in 1861, the bakery became known as the Julius Sturgis Pretzel factory. In the late 1800s and early 1900s, Lititz was known for being a resort area because of the limestone spring located in what is now Lititz Spring Park which was thought to have medicinal healing properties. There are many fun things to do in Lititz, but some of my favorites are the 4th of July fireworks, the annual car show, the beautiful Christmas decorations, and the Fire & Ice Festival. We often take pictures in the park, and this year, the Savory Gourment, a unique cheese and meat shop, placed an old truck in the front of the park to take fall pictures. In the Winter, a lighting company hangs up these beautiful Edison bulbs all down Main Street that illuminates the sidewalk for anyone walking down the street. They make me so happy during the cold, dark months. There were even aerial shots of our town used in some Hallmark Christmas movies this year! Lititz really is a very pretty small town that I am happy to call my hometown, at least, until my kids graduate high school!

Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
    jk703 likes this.
  17. carolinadjb

carolinadjb Well-Known Member

18. andersm

andersm You can check out anytime you like ...

19. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

This was fun! It was hard to choose exactly what to do but once I settled on that it came quickly. Thanks for the fun challenge, Jen!

I used: car, 3 arrows, destination wa, stamp, car, map, arrow brad, map paper, and compass.

145 words.

[​IMG]

jk703 likes this.
  20. lmuscarella22

lmuscarella22 Well-Known Member