January 11: Where I Live

Discussion in 'MOC 10 Challenges' started by jk703, Jan 11, 2022.

1. myka

myka Well-Known Member

MOC10-Day11-Where I Live: Credits tagged in Gallery: 5 Inspiration Element Items: Word art x3, Arrow clipped to paper, map heart, luggage tag, folded map, yellow map pin. I think I did it!
    [​IMG]

LynnG, jk703, lorieh and 2 others like this.
  2. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

How wonderful!!! I visited San Anton' when we lived in Mexico. It is indeed a beautiful place, ¡encantado!

3. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I think that would work specifically for your location, so yes.

4. Annsofie

Annsofie Crime Books & Cozy Nooks

5. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

5 location themed items:
    arrow, tag w/map, wordart great outdoors, hiker tag, mountains stamp

Journaling: (106words)
    Michigan is and will always be my home. Surrounded by 5 lakes and filled with gorgeous landscapes there is no other place I want to call home. Born and raised here I have fond memories of growing up with all of the seasons. Spending summers at the lake with my nana, building snow forts and tunnels in our yard during winter. Jumping in the huge street puddles with my friends during spring and riding my bike through the piles of leaves in autumn. Michigan is a display of seasonal beauty year-round. Who wouldn't want to live here and get to see all of this beauty everyday?
    ----------------------
    [​IMG]

LynnG, jk703, Carla and 1 other person like this.
  6. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

Just to be clear - I wasn't saying you were ungrateful - those were my words about my situation. I truly was not seeing the good and very unhappy to be here at first .

I'm genuinely curious. There is not ONE THING in the entire state or your town that you can focus on and say you like, or at least if not like, tolerate? You don't like the house you're in? Do you like your neighbors? Is the checker at the store friendly? Do you have pretty sunsets? Are you close to the beach where you can hear the ocean? Do you have some bird or animal that you like that lives there?

7. melidy

melidy Well-Known Member

Thank you for the interesting jumping off point. I never would have scrapped this if it had not been for your challenge but I'm happy I did :)

[​IMG]

jk703 and threadjungle like this.
  8. cla

cla Well-Known Member

It was fun to think of something to scrap for this.
    Location Items: globe brad, compass brad, location marker, arrow, map and arrow overlays
    Journaling: 145 words
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 12, 2022
    jk703 likes this.
  9. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

[​IMG]

My location elements are:
    Binoculars charm: SOCO "Hit the Road"
    Heart Map: "Life is: Enjoying Days Off" Collab
    Arrow, boarding pass, word art, map, airplane charm: "Life is an Adventure Volume 2" Collab

Other Credits:
    Kristin Aargard: "Jackpot"
    "Life is: Enjoying Days Off" Collab: Enjoy Life Banner
    SOCO "Hit the Road": Ribbon
    "Life is an Adventure Volume 2" Collab : Here tab, dotted background

Journaling: 361 words (Journaling is never my issue! LOL)

When People think of Las Vegas, they automatically think of the Strip. Las Vegas is so much more than that. It really is a destination location where you can do so much - but we have the reputation of just being Sin City. I thought so too. Never wanted to live there. Hated visiting my In Laws there, but God had other plans!
    We moved to Nevada in December of 2012 in a small u-haul and pretty much just the clothes on our backs. We were broke, and my husband was unemployed. We moved in with my IL’s in their second bedroom and started the hunt for a job. I had no desire nor want to live in Las Vegas, but at the time it was a choice between being homeless and having a roof over our heads. It took 18 months to get on our feet again and move forward. While Nevada (and Las Vegas specifically) was NEVER on my radar as a place I wanted to live, we ended up here.
    The summers are unbearably hot, and I rarely go outside unless I have to.
    The raunchiness of the strip makes me sick sometimes, but there is so much more to Las Vegas than the strip.
    When I need beauty, there is Red Rock, where there are beautiful vistas and hiking trails. When I need people, there’s the strip.
    We have world famous chefs who have restaurants here, so food is spectacular, and 24/7.
    We Have Mt. Charleston for snow for playing in and skiing in the winter.
    We have Lake Mead for water skiing and boating, and plenty of night life for shows, celebrity, and concerts.
    I have no idea if this is actually a plus, but we now have a football team - but it’s the Raiders. (Not my favorite team)
    The cost of living is much cheaper than California, and living about 20 minutes from the strip makes me almost forget I live in Las Vegas. The suburbs are pretty much just like any other town.
    All in all, God knew what he was doing when he planted us here. I should have just trusted Him.

10. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

I forgot it was a journaling challenge until I was almost done -- but found a spot to hold it. Journaling is posted in gallery in case it is difficult to read . . .

compass, arrow flag, flair, geo tag, state shape, map (subtle as torn paper), explore word strip (wasn't sure how you count the arrow and word strip)

[​IMG]

11. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

Great fun!!

[​IMG]

Five+ Items - Map Paper, Compass, 4 Map Markers, Globe, Globe button. Compass rose Arrow X marks the spot

jk703 likes this.
  12. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

OMG!!!! That’s so COOL!!!!!!!!!!!

scribler likes this.
  13. Carla

Carla Well-Known Member

Thank you, Jenn, for a very interesting CHALLENGE. It truly helped me remember why I choose to live where I do!

2 arrows, 1compass, 1 map, 1 here marker pin and, 1 map pin

[​IMG]

Journaling:
    The Gulf Coast of Mississippi is one of the most beautiful places in the United States if not the world!
    I chose to live in one of the rural areas of the coast because of the school system and because I did
    not want to live in the city. But the short drive to the Coast is well worth it! Within just a short time
    you will be within reach of a million and one things to do! Charter a boat and go deep-sea fishing or
    go to one of the many restaurants that the Coast has to offer. You can eat anything from fresh
    seafood to collard greens and cornbread! Take a stroll on the beach and dig your toes in the sand.
    You can take in a movie at the Grand or go shopping at the Mall and outlet stores. Biloxi also has its
    very own Minor League Baseball team! During the season, you can take in a game at MGM park on
    the main strip. 168 words

Last edited: Jan 11, 2022
  14. Pups_r_Paps

Pups_r_Paps Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

5 objects – umbrella, deer, scarf, bunny, bird; additionally the outline of Ohio and the geo tag
    TOTAL 296 words (103 words at top of page and 193 words describing statues).

15. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

[​IMG]

I have 254 words and at least 5 travel themed elements: map banner, stop sign, walking flair, geotag, 2 travel related tags, map confetti, road sign with "my favorite pizza" added, and a bus schedule stamp blended into the background (left side).

jk703 likes this.
  16. AmandaJ

AmandaJ Adagio, or Allegro? I can't decide.

[​IMG]

259 Words

Five location inspired items (all recolored)
    1. Globe
    2. Arrow washi
    3. Map marker
    4. Map paper
    5. Compass

jk703 likes this.
  17. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

18. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

1 geo (whatever), 1 globe, 2 arrow, 1 map paper edge

[​IMG]

jk703 likes this.
  19. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

1. sign post
    2. green location marker
    3. map stamp
    4. blue arrow
    5. compass brad
    6. dotted arrow

[​IMG]

jk703 and LynnG like this.
  20. jang

jang Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

1. 4 geo tags
    2. Arrow
    3. Compass flair
    4. Road signs
    5. Compass element
    217 words
    [​IMG]

jk703 and LynnG like this.