MOC 2022 Guidelines

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2022' started by mrs2a50, Dec 20, 2021.

1. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

Welcome back to our tenth edition of TLP's Month of Challenges, (aka MOC, aka Em-Oh-See). Before embarking on your month-long MOC adventure, please review the below guidelines - they're a reminder to our seasoned MOC'ers, and comprehensive explanation for anyone new to the event. These will help everyone navigate MOC and ensure that your pages conform to the event rules, so you can collect your $20 at the end of the event! If you have any questions, please ask!

1. Your pages must conform to the guidelines of each challenge in order to qualify as completed. Please read the challenges carefully and make sure your page follows the guidelines of the challenge. While our hosts make every effort to contact you if we see that your challenge did not follow the rules, it is ultimately your responsibility to ensure that your page complies. If you have any questions, post in the challenge thread (tagging your host) or message me or the host. If the question comes down to a difference in interpretation, the host's opinion will prevail.
    2. While this is meant to be a fun event, it is also an event centered around challenges that take you outside of your comfort zone. It is important that your page meet the spirit of each challenge. You may need to explore a new style, or learn a technique that's new to you. Please be open to new things! If you do not particularly like a challenge, please refrain from posting comments like "I did not like this challenge," or "This was a waste of my time." Our hosts put a lot of time and effort into this event, and comments such as these are not constructive for anyone. If for some reason you are unable to complete a challenge, please contact me or the host privately. We will try to work with you as best as we can to find a work-around.
    3. Some of our challenges may require you to take a new photo specifically for a challenge, or purchase product you don't already have.
    4. NEW TO MOC THIS YEAR: Artist Trading Cards (also known as ATCs) will not be allowed. In order to comply with the challenge guidelines, you must create a scrapbook page. Your page can be square format, or letter format.
    5. Your pages must contain at least 75% current Lilypad product (currently for sale in the store). Please check the store to make sure your product is still for sale before using it. A great way to confirm product is there is if you link your product in your gallery credits.
    6. SPEAKING OF CREDITS: You must provide a list of products used for your MOC pages in your gallery posting. Your list MUST include the full kit name and full designer name. Linking to the Lilypad product is even better. The use of a credit tracker to list your credits will not be allowed. If you use a credit tracker, you will be asked to revise your credit list before your page is considered compliant for that day's challenge.
    7. Your pages must be newly created specifically for MOC. You must have a different page for each challenge; you cannot use the same page for more than one challenge.
    8. Each day, a new challenge will be posted in the MOC 2022 Challenges forum. Challenges will be posted between midnight and 9:00 a.m. eastern time, depending on the location of the host and their real life commitments. Please be patient - the challenges will be posted daily.
    9. We will do our best to make our challenges inclusive to all scrap programs. If you are having a problem, please do not panic! Many times, our community can help you work through your issues. If all else fails, message your host and we will work with you.
    10. For the journaling challenges - if your page is not in English, we ask that you translate your journaling to English and post the translation in your gallery credits. If your journaling is sensitive and/or personal, please message me or the challenge host directly to discuss.
    11. Journaling challenges are meant for telling stories. Please read the guidelines carefully for word count requirements. All of the journaling challenges will require complete sentences to qualify as complete. Word art will not qualify toward your word count, and you cannot use the same word over and over. Again, if your journaling is sensitive or personal, please message me or your challenge host directly to discuss.
    12. Your pages should be posted in the individual challenge thread, and your personal thread for your MOC layouts (see next guideline below).
    13. After you complete your first layout, please create a new thread in the MOC 2022 Layouts forum (which will be active on the first day of MOC) and post your first layout. The title of your thread should be “your username’s layouts” (for example – mrs2a50’s Layouts). Please use your username and not your given name (this helps with tallying at the end).
    14. The first post in your thread should be your first layout. Each additional layout should be a new post in your thread (do not edit your first post and add additional layouts to it - if I see this happening, I will contact you and ask you to correct this). If you complete all 31 layouts, you should have 31 posts in your thread. PLEASE DO NOT create 31 posts ahead of time and edit them as you add the layouts (if I see this happening, I will delete your extra posts that do not have completed pages in them). Post as you finish each new layout. You do not have to post your pages in MOC order; if you do not complete each page on it's day, you can post your pages in whatever order you complete them. If you want to have your layouts in order, you can hold onto your layouts until you're able to post them in order. But PLEASE do not create "placeholder" posts in your thread to fill later.
    15. Please label your page posts with the date and name of the challenge (January 1: Blind Scrap). This will make the tallies at the end of MOC go much smoother and faster!
    16. If we have questions or comments about your page, we will contact you via conversation. Please make sure your notifications have been turned on. Your messaging settings can be found and edited under the General Settings of your User CP. Our messages are not meant to offend or upset anyone; we simply want to make sure that everyone is following the rules of the event.
    17. You will have until 11:59 pm eastern time, Wednesday, February 2, to complete all your layouts. Everyone who correctly completes all 31 layouts will receive a $20 gift certificate to the TLP store. In addition, finishers will be considered for a full-time Pollywog spot on the Lilypad CT.
    18. Additional prizes: Each challenge host will choose one “favorite” page from their daily challenge to receive a $3 gift certificate to the store.
    19. If you have any questions you can post them in the Q&A thread, or in the individual challenge thread, or you can message me or the challenge host.

Above all else, remember to have fun!

Last edited: Jan 1, 2022
  2. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

I can't even tell you how excited I am for this!!

JenEm, Lisa B, Karen and 1 other person like this.
  3. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Read and understood. :)

4. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

read and understood

5. KarenB

KarenB I like dogs. And maybe three people.

Read and understood :)

6. katell

katell CT - Sara Gleason

Ok ! thank you for the reminder

7. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

8. crlin

crlin Well-Known Member

Read and ready to go!

9. Marilyn

Marilyn Well-Known Member

Understood. Can't wait.

10. bjthomas

bjthomas We will rock you!

So excited for MOC TEN!!!

11. jjpederson125

jjpederson125 Well-Known Member

Read, understood and so excited to be challenged and pushed to attempt new things!

12. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

read, agree, can't wait

13. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

Read and understood !

14. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

So excited to participate!!!! ❤️

15. KarenT72

KarenT72 Member

Read and understood.

16. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

read and understood. Thank you to all the team who have worked so hard to get this event ready for us. I'm really looking forward to the first January.

Lisa B and bestcee like this.
  17. Carla

Carla Well-Known Member

read and understood. Thank you, Julie!

18. Aerobigirl

Aerobigirl Well-Known Member

19. Kendra

Kendra Well-Known Member

Thank you! I'm so excited to participate in this again.

20. CindyB

CindyB Proud to be a Hoofer!

Can’t wait! Read and ready to go!