Advice for Project 52 - Designer didn’t make the whole year.

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by Pachimac, Dec 12, 2021.

1. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

I have been doing my Project 52 for the past 3 years with Just Jaimee’s ready to go templates. This year I bought them all up to Sept, but she hasn’t made any since. The previous year’s have different ways of counting the dates and the dates will be off.

Does anyone know of another template / ready to go quick page that could go well with her items? I’m stuck in September with no pages to use. I don’t know if she’s on a break or what. The storyteller kits are done but they don’t have the quick pages. I have to assume she’s not continuing with them.

2. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Can you not re-use some from earlier in the year and edit the dates as needed?
    I know that I often used January's in July because our weather is 6 months out from hers and the templates.
    I would flip them horizontally and change up the photo spots depending on my requirements - they're very versatile.
    You can tag her @justjaimee and see if she has a solution or suggestion for you.

Angela Toucan likes this.
  3. Pachimac

I did a few weeks ago here and once on her FB page and no answer. :( I hope she's okay.

I tried to modify some but I didn't have much success. I guess I can take it into photoshop again and see if I can just change the numbers. They are not editable in the file. They've been rasterized already so I have to match the font.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2021
  4. Pachimac

That’s a lot of really good information. I will try that. I do have the storytellers for each of the months.

bestcee likes this.
  5. Pachimac

Ok, so here's what I did:

I don't always use two pages per week, so I have a lot of templates that haven't actually been used from the other months. Sooo, I took week 10's right side page and one of the date range pages and made a template for the date ranges. Here's the end result:

I know I don't have the font right for October, but I just used the colors there and changed the dates to lighter green.

Screen Shot 2021-12-12 at 9.52.31 PM.png
    I'll do that for the rest of October, and then I will choose colors that match with the Storyteller kits for Nov and Dec and I should be all good. It's a lot more work, but I want a cohesive book!

umyesh, bestcee and Karen like this.
  6. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

@Pachimac
    I am glad you found a work around, even though it's a little more work.
    As @Tree City said the previous years were editable, so you could use those, unless they're using a different font from this year's.

7. Pachimac

I don’t have any editable templates - I wonder which year that was?

I’m happy to just be able to work on it and catch up!!

bestcee likes this.
  8. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

She didn't do templates in 2020, but 2019 and before RTG templates has editable portions for the date strips. The font for the numbers and the month and year is BebasNeueBold if you have that one. I have it, so it must be freebie because I don't buy fonts usually. Actually now that I tried editing it I don't have that exact font, but I have Bebas and that seems to look the same.

9. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

LynnG likes this.
  10. Pachimac

I'll have to check and see if I can snag that font. I lost a lot of my files from a crash in 2019 so I don't know if I have the editable versions still...but I'll check. That will be FOR SURE easier than remaking the day numbers!

Karen and bestcee like this.
  11. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

Another option I would suggest is to use Word art from the ST kits to replace the months you need, that way the aesthetic matches. I have a few past years and feel like the October kit might have/probably had an October word art, etc.... or the yearly bonus packs had a set of word arts for each month.

If this year didn't have that option, maybe see if a past year might mesh well.

Angela Toucan likes this.