Cocoa | 12.12.21

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Dec 12, 2021.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

It's Cocoa Day!!

[​IMG]

Do you love it?
    Do you add marshmallows or whipped cream? Something else?

We are not exactly having the best hot cocoa weather here at the moment, but it's still a yummy treat in front of the tree.

2. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

:lol2 . . . the reason they invented winter!

I think I loved hot chocolate the most when I was a kid. We often had it with popcorn when my Dad would make a fire in the fireplace. I made it for my kids a lot when they were young too. I still like it well enough now, but not interested in having it much. Just once or twice each winter.

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  3. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I love it, but don't drink it much since chocolate doesn't agree with me now. I always wanted mini marshmallows in mine.

michelepixels likes this.
  4. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

Still a hot chocolate fan...but go light on the powder. Need to find a less-sugar alternative 'cause this girl for sure loves dark chocolate. And can't resist the mini-marshmallows which are well, sugar :pigout Think I'll go eat some now.

5. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Yep, love hot chocolate. Don't fix it at home very often. But I will order it at a restaurant during the winter. Bob Evans puts whipped cream on theirs and I love to use my spoon and mix it all up.

I used to use the Swiss Miss with marshmallows packets when fixing it at home. Don't have any at this time. Never been one to make it "from scratch".

6. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

Love, love, love hot chocolate. Have to make it with milk not water and yes marshmallows are a must.

I did have the best hot chocolate in Vegas. It was at this posh chocolate shop at Caesar's and was a Mexican hot chocolate. So good…

7. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I find it too chocolate-y now but love a mocha, especially with a bit of peppermint in it. Now I'm craving it :)

8. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

We love hot chocolate! We make it for sure when we drive around to see Christmas lights with the kids. And also when we watch Polar express.

Throughout the year, I periodically put a hot chocolate packet into my coffee for a mocha. And we definitely have some any time we go camping.

I don't usually care for anything in it, but my kids both like marshmallows. My daughter also likes peppermint sticks in hers. She got best of both worlds when we found peppermint flavored marshmallows this year. :giggle

My husband is meh about it usually... but he did find salted caramel hot chocolate packets this year and he pretty much devoured them all. :giggle

9. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I do find that it is very sweet now and I avoid the excess sugar, I'd rather have a slice of cake.
    But back in the day, with marshmallows.

10. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

I like it,made the old fashioned way,with milk,cocoa powder or chocolate flakes ,and for luxury fresh whipped cream on top. But I hardly ever make it. My hubby is lactose intolerant,so there is hardly ever milk in our house, and for me hot chocolate is a spontaneous thing. But I do have a tub of Options hot chocolate . You mix that one with water,and it is lovely too in a different way.

11. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I do like hot cocoa, but I never think to make it. I like it best with LOTS of marshmallows or whipped cream on top. My youngest son begs to go to one of our local tiny diners for breakfast after church solely based on his love of their hot cocoa. :giggle He'd have it every day if we let him.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  12. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

The past couple of years, I've set up a coffee/tea/hot chocolate/cocoa bar. I love mine topped with marshmallows or whipped cream, and I prefer to put a splash of coconut creme creamer in mine.

2017:

[​IMG]

2020:

[​IMG]

The only time I've really ordered hot chocolate was from a little place in Blue Ridge, GA:

[​IMG]

Daniel LOVES hot chocolate as much as I do, so I have a couple of layouts about him enjoying this treat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And my cup of hot chocolate before I devoured it from 2018. LOL

[​IMG]

IntenseMagic likes this.
  13. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

Trader Joe's salted caramel cocoa & Zingerman's vanilla marshmallows have ruined me for all other kinds of cocoa & all other kinds of marshmallows. :beat:beat:beat

IntenseMagic likes this.
  14. Mrsdudds

Mrsdudds Well-Known Member

I love hot cocoa especially later in the evening when curled up watching tv. If we have them here I will add mini marshmallows

15. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

Unfortunately this is me. When I did make it I used milk and cocoa powder or Swiss Miss and real marshmallows. We have a Mr. Coffee Cocomotion Hot Chocolate Maker, and when I used that I'd add marshmallows to the milk and cocoa mix to get a creamy concoction.

IntenseMagic and Cherylndesigns like this.
  16. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

If you lik you hot chocolate (especially if it is a dark chocolate) a bit tastier - Add a little coarse sea salt.
    Cinnamon is also possible if you really want to get into the Christmas spirit.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  17. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I don't have hot chocolate or cocoa very often at all thanks to being lactose intolerant....when I do its usually a half strength one made with trim milk (yes I do some times pay for the consequences of that but as I only have maybe 3 a year out I don't mind it). If I make it at home, I make it half strength as well and foam up some lactose free milk for the top.