Days of the Week | Pad Patter 12/9

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by jk703, Dec 9, 2021.

1. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Everyone, it's Thursday! It's my favorite day! I have no clue how this happened or why... but it's my fav! This has been going on for years, way back when in college too. I dislike Tuesdays, and love Thursdays.... this is separate from the weekend, of course! My day is immediately better if it's a Thursday - I wake up happy, ready to tackle the hard stuff and chug along! :giggle

[​IMG]

Right now, it's even better, cause Thursday is my Friday! Wooo Hooo! This is beyond phenomenal to have a 4 day work week and Fridays off every week! Dream schedule!

Mondays are always busy so the day flies, Tuesday I'm all meh about. Wednesdays are ok... I'm ok with being on the hump or just over it nowadays... and Thursdays... .YAY! Plus, occasionally it's Thirsty Thursdays so that means I get together with friends to have an adult beverage and we catch up chat - either out and about or at a friends house!

What about you? Do you have a favorite day? A least favorite day? Any reasoning behind the fav!

Can you tell how excited I am this week it's Thursday!!!! Too many exclamations!!! :giggle It was a big week... and I'm ready for today!

honeyandcheese, bestcee and Karen like this.
  2. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I loved Mondays, the kids went back to school and hubs was back at work. Mondays were my time to rest and recover and do anything I wanted without being on duty.

jk703 and Karen like this.
  3. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

That's so awesome that you have four day weeks! I would LOVE that! My weekend never seems long enough after I get all the dumb stuff done around the house that I haven't had time to do during the week and then there's not enough time for fun. :giggle I would say that I look forward to Fridays a lot even though I still have to work, it's the excitement of the weekend coming. BUT today I'm like you... today is my Friday because I'm taking tomorrow off to have a long scrapbooking weekend with a friend. I cannot wait! :D

4. jk703

If I didn't have to go to work, and everyone else had to work, go to school, I think Monday would be my fav day... and a lazy one too! :giggle

5. jk703

Wooo hooo! That sound fantastic! A fun weekend away!

Karen likes this.
  6. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I don't have a favorite day of the week. I do love the weekends because everyone is home, but then again, I do appreciate the quiet when everyone is gone to work/school.

7. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I've always loved Thursdays, too. It's the day before Friday - when the weekend starts and ends way to soon. It's always been like the calm before the storm. There were always good TV shows on Thursday nights, too, so it must be a very popular day!

jk703 likes this.
  8. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Mondays. Munchkin is back at school, and I don't miss him yet because he was home all weekend. Usually, Sharon (MIL) has nothing going on, so I don't have to run her around. I can clean the house, and enjoy the peace of a new week.

Although, any day that everyone is out of my hair is my favorite for that week!

jk703 likes this.
  9. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

During the summer, I love Mondays...everyone else is back at work or occupied :)
    Now, it's probably Saturday, specifically Saturday evening. I do clean the house, but it's the one day that I can relax and not worry about what's coming the next day.

10. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

Fridays ... because the weekend is right around the corner.

11. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I have things I like about each day of the week. I especially love Thurs evenings. Our long homeschool group day is over that I direct and Friday we we have a more relaxed school day. So Thurs evenings seems like it sort of starts the weekend.

12. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I don't like or dislike a specific day. I know I used to dread Monday's when I had an early class as that usually meant being up at 5.45am and sometimes not home until 6pm if not a bit later if I had an afternoon class.

13. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

I used to hate Tuesdays because even tho it was my day off Wednesday was my twelve hour shift at work and the Wednesday dread would start around 6pm tuesdays.

Any day off from work is my favorite day of the week, lol

bestcee and DivaMom96 like this.
  14. DivaMom96

DivaMom96 Well-Known Member

So funny! I used to be ambivalent about Tuesdays, but now it's my day off, too - my ONLY day off - and I treasure them!

15. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I love Fridays b/c that means if I can get thru the day, I get the wkend off from work and can do more with the family/dogs/friends and more time for me to relax, read more, scrap more and get outside more.

16. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

At my former job, my favorite day of the week was Monday since I had it off and could run errands or hang around the house sans kids while they were at school.

Now, it's probably Saturdays. There's a good chance I'll get to see my (long-distance) BF + there's no school or work and we can chill at the house OR go on a grand adventure.

klee73010 and bestcee like this.
  17. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

I don't think I have a favorite day, but Tuesdays are my least favorite day. Mondays like you've said are so busy, and Tuesdays are when I have to sort out all of the Monday problems, AND we're not even halfway through the week. My mom had a boss who seemed to notice she would always be more emotional on Tuesdays and she and I agreed in later discussions that Tuesdays are the worst. It's rarer now, but if she or I have a bad day, we can text each other "Today is a Tuesday for suuuuurrreee" even if it is actually any other day of the week.