Today is...| Pad patter 12/11

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by StefanieS, Dec 11, 2021.

1. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

December 11 is the 345th day in the Gregorian calendar. On this day, Indiana became the 19th state in the U.S., co-founder of Alcoholics Anonymous Bill Wilson took his final drink, and Apollo 17 become the final Apollo mission to land on the Moon. Famous birthdays include John Kerry, Hailee Steinfeld, and Osho.
    December 11 also marks International Mountain Day, anniversary of the statute of Westminster, Christmas jumper day, International shareware day, National app day, Noodle ring day, and Unicef's birthday.

Quick Five:
    Do you celebrate any of these?
    Are there any of these day holidays that you do celebrate?
    Are you celebrating/planning anything else for today?
    How many Christmas jumpers do you have?
    Your favourite mountain is...?

2. StefanieS

Do you celebrate any of these? Nope
    Are there any day holidays that you do celebrate? Pie day March 14th & May the force be with you May 4th
    Are you celebrating/planning anything else for today? Watching another Hallmark Christmas movie or two.
    How many Christmas jumpers do you have? None, Christmas socks and Christmas nightie, its too hot here.
    Your favourite mountain is...? Table Mountain, without a doubt.

3. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Do you celebrate any of these? Nope, never heard of them til today!
    Are there any of these day holidays that you do celebrate? Main one for me is International Day of people with disabilities which was on 12/3 last week
    Are you celebrating/planning anything else for today? Nope as its 7.30pm Saturday night
    How many Christmas jumpers do you have? 0.....jumpers when its nearing 30 degrees celcius/86F (its summer here) would be no fun
    Your favourite mountain is...? don't have one really

4. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

Quick Five:
    No
    Ferret Day is in April. May the 4th. There’s also a couple of cat ones
    Celebrating nothing but we are about to go pick up breakfast! Pancakes are a cause for celebration right?
    I have no Christmas jumpers but I have a few shirts.
    Your favourite mountain is...? My mountain of laundry….oh wait you said favorite not least favorite…

5. DivaMom96

DivaMom96 Well-Known Member

Quick Five:
    Do you celebrate any of these? Never heard of any of them!:faint2
    Are there any of these day holidays that you do celebrate? May 4th - cause, yeah!:cheer
    Are you celebrating/planning anything else for today? Dinner with friends tonight.
    How many Christmas jumpers do you have? (gulp) none.
    Your favourite mountain is...? Space Mountain ... :yup

6. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Do you celebrate any of these? No

Are there any of these day holidays that you do celebrate? Didn't know about them.

Are you celebrating/planning anything else for today? Drive-through Xmas light display in Vancouver this evening.

How many Christmas jumpers do you have? Before this year, none. But I decided this year to be silly and started buying up second hand Xmas sweatshirts and sweaters. Got them for Jen and Bailey too so we'll wear them tonight when we go out. I'm going to wear Xmas jammies and Xmas sweaters/sweatshirts the week of Xmas.

Your favourite mountain is...? Grouse Mountain. I climbed the Grouse Grind once (it just about killed me), took about 4 hrs and I'm never doing it again :) But it sure is amazing to get to the top and look down over the city.

7. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Do you celebrate any of these? No
    Are there any of these day holidays that you do celebrate? No
    Are you celebrating/planning anything else for today? Not really
    How many Christmas jumpers do you have? Not sure what jumpers are, but I have a couple of Christmas T-shirts and a pair of sleep pants.
    Your favourite mountain is...? Since we live in the foothills of The Ozarks - The Ozarks. LOL I've never forgotten the splendor of the German and Austrian Alps, though.

8. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Do you celebrate any of these? No, but I like Indiana for being home to one of my favorite people, John Green (of vlobrothers, Crash Course, and author of several books including Fault In Our Stars), I've heard AA has been a very helpful to many and I'm glad for that, and I'm also grateful to the scientists and astronauts who have helped us learn more about the moon and planets.

Are there any of these day holidays that you do celebrate? When I hear about them, if they inspire me, sometimes I do a little something. One I can remember is Ice Cream Day. Always fun to get ice cream because the calendar says so!

Are you celebrating/planning anything else for today? I just got home from a long day out shopping and caroling and I'm just going to eat and relax this evening.

How many Christmas jumpers do you have? Zero. I hardly even have non-Christmas sweaters. I prefer sweatshirts/hoodies. But none of my sweatshirts are Xmas-themed either.

Your favourite mountain is...? I've never thought of this before. One that comes to mind is Mt. Helix, a small mountain or tall hill in San Diego -- La Mesa, to be precise -- where my friends and I would hang out in high school. I have fond memories of the Laguna Mountains in east San Diego too. Now my closest mountains would be the Shenandoah, which are pretty, but I am much more impressed by the Rocky Mountains. Driving through Colorado last June, my jaw was dropped in awe for most of the trip. :D

9. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Do you celebrate any of these? No, I don't think so :)
    Are there any of these day holidays that you do celebrate? I keep a calendar of these in my classroom and we talk about them every day. Occasionally we do something to celebrate them.
    Are you celebrating/planning anything else for today? We had my granddaughter's birthday party today. She will be 3 on Monday.
    How many Christmas jumpers do you have? I have a couple of Christmas t-shirts, but that's all the Christmas apparel I have
    Your favourite mountain is...? Well, at this point in my life, having lived all of it in the mountains...I'm not a fan of any hahaha. I do love Pilot Mountain in NC, mainly because if I'm passing it I'm probably headed on vacation :giggle

10. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

Quick Five:
    Do you celebrate any of these? nope, never really heard of them either.
    Are there any of these day holidays that you do celebrate? Cinco de Mayo
    Are you celebrating/planning anything else for today? We lost our electricity during the night (wind storm) and just got it back at 3:30PM. Our daughter made us breakfast when we went over to her house to keep warm. That was a treat! I plan to reset all the clocks!!!!!
    How many Christmas jumpers do you have? When I taught school, I had lots of them. Now I have a few Christmas sweatshirts.
    Your favourite mountain is...? Mount Rainer

11. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

Quick Five:
    Nope...

We like donut day. And coffee day. And probably a few more of the food related ones. Haha

Nope.

Is a jumper a sweater? I don't have any Christmas themed sweaters. I don't even have that many sweaters at all, honestly. It rarely gets cold enough here for those.

Your favourite mountain is...?
    Superstition Springs Mountain by my old house in Apache Junction, AZ. I really need to hike some more to experience some others.:giggle

12. StefanieS

Thanks for all the responses.
    I love that most of us don't have jumpers/sweaters/jerseys.
    The movies I have been watching often include an ugly Christmas sweater party. Some of them are fun and I would enjoy wearing them - except it's the wrong time of the year.

weaselwatchr likes this.