Favorite Holiday Song | Pad Patter 12/6

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by weaselwatchr, Dec 6, 2021.

1. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

Is it me, or does December feel like it is flying by? I work retail and the holiday music has been in full swing at work now for well over a week. So that got me thinking if I had a favorite holiday song, what would it be? I really like Felize Navidad, Mele Kalikimaka, and Winter Wonderland. I think Felize Navidad may be my fave of the three because it's very upbeat, and makes me smile even when I am having a bad shift. But then again Mele Kalikimaka makes me think of Hawaii so that's a good thing too, lol.

What's your favorite holiday tune?

2. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

“Breath of Heaven” by Amy Grant.

Nostalgia wise, Christmas doesn’t begin until we hear Nat King Cole’s “The Christmas Song”. It’s the first we play.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  3. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Christmas Canon Rock by Trans-Siberian Orchestra! I'm not a huge fan of Christmas music in general, but that is one that I really love. I also like Do They Know It's Christmas by Band Aid and Happy Christmas by John Lennon.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  4. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

weaselwatchr likes this.
  5. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I hate sappy Christmas songs - they make me sad. I know, I'm weird. i love Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree" and I love George Michael's (Wham's) "Last Christmas" - that's about as sappy as I want to get.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  6. mary kate

mary kate Well-Known Member

I love Christmas music, both religious and secular, even though it all gets overplayed at this time of year.

My favourite Christmas carol (so: religious) is Adeste Fideles (O Come, All Ye Faithful). My favourite secular tune is Stevie Wonder's What Christmas Means to Me.

weaselwatchr and AJK like this.
  7. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Breath of Heaven

is phenomenal - so transparent and full of humility and hope! But my favorite is a classic- chokes me up EVERY time-
    O Holy Night.
    Secular(sort of) would be Little Drummer Boy. I had a drum when I was five and loved it!! THIS version is really cool!! I love their passion!

weaselwatchr and mary kate like this.
  8. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I really don't think I could narrow it down to one single song. I have two Christmas lists on Spotify. One is more traditional with Bing Crosby, The Andrews Sisters, Frank Sinatra, Perry Como, Ella Fitzgerald, Nat King Cole, Andy Williams, the Ray Conniff Singers, Dean Martin, etc. The other one is more recent/pop music. I tend to play the Traditional Christmas list more often.

I do love "Breath of Heaven" by Amy Grant. It is such a lovely and touching song, making Mary someone I can understand.

Ella Fitzgerald sings the most amazing carols. I love "O Little Town of Bethlehem,"O Holy Night," "It Came Upon A Midnight Clear," "The First Noel," "Silent Night," "Away In A Manger," "We Three Kings" . . . just so many . . .

weaselwatchr likes this.
  9. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Pentatonix "Mary Did You Know" is my fave. Next is "River" by Joni Mitchell but I prefer it sung by Robert Downey Jr. I listen to both of these numerous times throughout the season.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  10. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Hmmm... I do get kind of tired of Christmas music, especially on the radio because they never seem to play any new versions... it's always the same song on repeat which then makes me tired of them. Lol. I do love Mary Did You Know... but because I like the music, not the lyrics. Like the lyrics get a bad wrap because of course Mary Knew. :giggle, but it's still a great song. I also LOVE Josh Groban's Christmas album and then when I get tired of people singing, I love George Winston's (piano only) December album. I play those a lot on Amazon Prime. I also love Jimmy Buffett's Christmas Island CD. Makes me think of the time we spent Christmas day in St. Kitts in the Caribbean. That was an awesome Christmas.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  11. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

(There's No Place Like) Home for the Holidays by Perry Como. I still have this album from 1968:

And, of course, White Christmas by Bing Crosby.

O Holy Night, Little Town of Bethlehem, The First Noel, and Silent Night top my list of Christmas hymns.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  12. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

Little Drunmer Boy

weaselwatchr likes this.
  13. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I can't pick one favorite, but my first thought was Holly Jolly Christmas. I think I just love the rhyme.
    Then I scrolled down to read what others said and I think Cheryl and I have very similar taste in Xmas music.
    Several years ago I also listened to that year's Pentatonix' Christmas album (sorry, I forget which year) over and over and over for a couple of years. Maybe it's the one with Hallelujah on it, because that's one of my favorites of their songs.

14. gonewiththewind

If you listen on Spotify, here's a link to my Traditional Christmas playlist:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2PpK3gYayJqtMD0nSsMUro?si=1307d06af95d4968

And to my Christmas playlist, which is more modern but does have a mix of older in there too: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/62aRttqhaVK28cL8xb9jNN?si=2a1184b676a342b5

weaselwatchr and michelepixels like this.
  15. mary kate

mary kate Well-Known Member

Also one of my faves, also chokes me up. I used it as the title for this page (my son as Joseph in the school Nativity):

[​IMG]

@gonewiththewind, I do use Spotify, am going to check out your playlists. Thanks!

weaselwatchr and gonewiththewind like this.
  16. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

On Amazon Music, there's a "Merry Mix" that I also like.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  17. gonewiththewind

Such a sweet page!

I hope you enjoy the playlists!

weaselwatchr likes this.
  18. weaselwatchr

I am unfamiliar with "Breath of Heaven". Going to need to google it.

19. weaselwatchr

I like Last Christmas as well. Cascada did a cover of it that's pretty good too.