Holiday Projects | Pad Patter 12.1

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Dec 1, 2021.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I know we celebrated Document Your December mid-November. But I wondered, since it's the first of December, are you doing a document project this month?
    Are you counting down to Christmas or another holiday at all?
    Have you done one in the past?

2. bestcee

We have chocolate advent calendars. Sharon isn't counting down to Christmas, she's counting down to her hip surgery on Dec. 22.
    We have a religious countdown we are doing.

And, for the first time, I think I may do a Daily December project. This one is a little different, and I noticed we are super busy this month - although most of it is individuals, not together. So, it might be fun. Then again, I may quit in a week!

weaselwatchr likes this.
  3. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Well, Elf arrived today - the rest of the day was singularly un-Christmassy so I don't have anything planned for a daily December, but December highlights remains a possibility.

weaselwatchr and bestcee like this.
  4. bestcee

Oh! I love this idea! It seems much less stressful!

weaselwatchr likes this.
  5. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I really want to try a true December Daily this year, but we'll see how it goes. Nothing much productive has been getting done since the puppy entered the mix this weekend lol!

I'm just struggling with format this year, I really want to try to blurb 5x8 trade book to mix things up, but I'm not sure if having a 5x8 in a stack with my 8x8 books is going to bug me or not.

Once both kids are home for Christmas, I have a few countdown gifts for them to open together on the days leading up to Christmas. It was fun to buy "toys" for my college kids!

6. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

My only project for this month is to get my supplies and photos in tip top shape for MOC10! I hope to scrap some in my December albums and hope to maybe complete one? LOL

weaselwatchr likes this.
  7. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I will be working on my DYD album. I can't plan ahead on it because the happenings/photos for the month dictate the layout.

8. bestcee

It might? I love the idea of a 5x8 though. I've been debating on the size all day! I really want to go 6x8, but I haven't looked into printing that size.

weaselwatchr and tkradtke like this.
  9. bestcee

I need to do this.

Of course, I think that every year! And it rarely happens.

But this year. Hmmm... I'm not moving. I don't have school. Maybe I'll get some organizing done this month?

weaselwatchr and gonewiththewind like this.
  10. bestcee

I'm thinking of keeping it loose. So maybe I'll have multiple pages for super busy days, and just a single photo for slower days?

I was looking at the whole month as I wrote things in my planner, and the busyness is a little overwhelming!

weaselwatchr likes this.
  11. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

My schedule is never as busy as most people and I'm sure with still not feeling up to par from this sinus infection, I won't be doing a whole lot even for another week. Today's photos are documenting the work the landscapers did yesterday. I went out in between rain showers and snapped a few photos. Since it is raining I didn't make the trip to the cemetery I usually do on the 1st (today is my dad's birthday). Temps should be much better tomorrow so I'll do it then.

12. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I wasn't going to do the December Daily this year. However, my hubby asked what it was and I showed him my last 3 years. He spent a long time looking at all of the years' December Dailies and said he loved it and he definitely thought I should do it again this year. So, yes, I'll be doing 2021 DYD.

rach3975 likes this.
  13. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

Scrappy wise- I will do a DYD project.

At home- we got the kids the Lego Advent calendars & then I also have a little crafty advent calendar that I put in a bunch of their leftover Halloween candy! :giggle

14. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I desperately want to do my DYD as 6x8, but I had zero luck finding that size as a photo book. Persnickety has one, but it's soft cover and I would prefer hard cover.

I think I may go for the 5x8 and if the book size really bothers me after it's printed... I'll just plop my pages onto 8x8 canvases and reprint as an 8x8

bestcee likes this.
  15. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

I've never done a DYD or DD album and won't this year either my life is boring, lol!

I may or may not pull down the counted cross-stitch advent wall hanging I made years and years ago. My pain-in-the-rear grandson usually enjoys taking a mini candy cane off of it every day. But it's in the attic in one of the Christmas bins and I'm feeling lazy.

bestcee likes this.
  16. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

This will be year 10 for DYD for me! 5:25 and I haven't taken a photo yet, but I will haha. I have a couple of foundation pages done, but I need to work on some more. That's what keeps me on track!!

bestcee likes this.
  17. bestcee

That would require pre-planning on my part.

I bow to your organization! That's so awesome!

18. bestcee

That's what I thought. Bummer. I don't mind soft cover, but I've never tried Persnickety's books. Only their prints.

19. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I'm counting down to my two week winter break! Sixteen more days to go. Only 11.5 work days. (The last day before break is a half day at my school. I'm a teacher assistant.)

And Cheryl reminded me we have MOC coming up soon! I'm Very Much looking forward to that!!!

bestcee likes this.
  20. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I am doing two Advent devotionals, one of which has art journaling aspects. I got Advent calendars from Trader Joe's for us - a salmon & seafood for the cat, a salmon and sweet potato for the dog, and milk chocolate for hubby and I. The cat is not impressed so looks like the dog it getting double the treats.

p.s. I finally started a separate Instagram account for scrapping, planner pages, and art (Bible) journaling I do. It is Bev_scraps_n_plans if you want to see what I have been up to recently.