HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by weaselwatchr, Nov 25, 2021.

1. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

To those of you that are celebrating this holiday, have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
    We were supposed to travel to see my sister but had some issues along the way, and are staying home now. Sometimes things do not turn out how we expect them to and that’s ok. I will be making a lasagna for the two of us since the store only had frozen birds. Who knows maybe this is going to be a new tradition. Have a great day guys!

2. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

3. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

@weaselwatchr Danica Enjoy your day! We too had change of plans at last minute, host got the flu! But since we had our meal with son and his family yesterday, all the food is cooked so it will be a laid back day for the two of us. We once shared a Thanksgiving meal with a friend who was an Italian chef. Yep, we had lasagna and then some!!! haha

4. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

5. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Happy Thanksgiving! Our plans changed last night so we’re staying home. Thankfully I bought a backup dinner - Thanksgiving dinner in a pie!

6. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm sitting down to rest now that I've got the turkey in the oven. I made pies, cranberry sauce, and a couple of sides yesterday, and the stuffing mostly cooked this morning. All that's left while the turkey roasts is the all important mashed potatoes. :P

7. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I also meant to say, after making mostly the same traditional feast every year for over a decade, I'm feeling a bit tired of it and I'm pondering making something different next year. Tamales maybe. :think

8. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I was feeling really crappy yesterday (not covid) and made a trip to urgent care. Had been there a month ago and was told it was a viral infection that would be better in a week. It got worse this last week. So now have a prescription since it was presenting as more of a sinus bacterial infection.

So definitely staying home. I did stop at the grocery and picked up a pumpkin pie and cool whip. I'm going to fix a pork chop in the air fryer and either au gratin or scalloped potatoes... we'll see which one calls my name when it is time to open the box. LOL

Will watch the Detroit Lions and remember the couple of Thanksgiving days spent with family at those games.

9. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Happy Thanksgiving! I'm so grateful for all of you!

I'm resting for a bit before getting ready to go back to my mom's. The turkey is already in the oven over there and we still need to bake the dressing, the sweet potato casserole, assemble the pear and cranberry salad, and peel and mash the potatoes.

I was correct that my mom would end up making that lemon pie (she made the crust from scratch) and while she was at it, she made yeast rolls, but then made too much, so she ended up making monkey bread with the other part. LOL I love my Mama. She goes above and beyond!

10. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Happy Thanksgiving!

Nicks got the turkey in the smoker. I'm working on rolls while watching the Macy's Day Parade.

I simplified Thanksgiving, so I'll do about 30 min of work later making cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes in the pressure cooker, gravy, and creamed corn. I roasted butternut squash yesterday, so just reheat that. And the pies are mini this year! Filling made, just need to fill.

However, we've definitely done other things. Lasagna sounds easy!

11. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

happy Thanksgiving to my dear friends that celebrate it!!

12. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

13. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

Happy Thanksgiving! We're at my sister's. First time we've all been together--last time (Thanksgiving 2019) the youngest cousin wasn't born yet. We took family photos and cousin photos a few hours ago.

14. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Happy Thanksgiving everybody! We're going up to our daughter's this evening.

[​IMG]

keepscrappin and weaselwatchr like this.
  15. DigiGrace

DigiGrace Make mine a purple passion

16. Serena

Serena Squishy soul poet who loves Walter Hunt

I am thankful for you all! Have a happy thanksgiving!

keepscrappin likes this.
  17. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!!
    Danica, lasagna sounds wonderful!! I did that one year and then the kids complained about not having traditional dinner, but I actually loved it!

keepscrappin likes this.