Oct 2021 Book Club - Seven Sisters

Discussion in 'Reading Pad' started by Karen, Aug 15, 2021.

1. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Voting is complete and we have another batch of great books to read together. Bring on Fall/Winter reading baby! We have four top vote getters so we have new books from September through December 2021. :clappy

The book for October is The Seven Sisters by Lucinda Riley. Feel free to read our book club books in any order that you choose and when you've finished reading, come back here and tell us what you think. Please label spoilers. We have a new trick for hiding spoilers. Type whatever you want and then highlight the spoiler portion and click the + button above and select Spoiler.

This is a spoiler...
    I love to read

[​IMG]

Just a note, anyone can read these books at any time and join in the discussion at any time too! The more the merrier! :agree Happy reading!

Ferdy likes this.
  2. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

On page 40. This one grabbed me right away. Very intrigued!!!

Karen likes this.
  3. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

4. navaja77

navaja77 Well-Known Member

5. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

I just finished this book.

>>>>>Now that I've read this, I'm intrigued and will add the other books in the series to my Goodreads list. It was a good read, and as with most books, very predictable. Love the guy but don't follow him. Get pregnant, but raise the child with a fake father. Also, what kind of rich guy adopts (or buys?) 6 daughters then has employees mostly to their raising? That said, I'm glad that Maia finally got to talk with her grandmother, but something that was said contradicted something else that was said. Beatriz was the first child of Isabela and Laurent, though raised by Isabela and her husband. Beatriz said that the daughter was born a fews after a son had died? Did I miss something?

I was kind of sorry that Laurent never told Beatriz that he was her real father. At least at the end, Maia does follow the man she loves.
    <<<<<

Karen likes this.
  6. plumdumpling

plumdumpling CT - Krista Sahlin

This is neither a story about seven sisters or Maia. But it's an okay story about Izabela. I really liked the history about the Christ the Redeemer statue in Brazil. Many of the characters fell flat for me. The dialogue was a bit of a chore.

@djp332 Donna, I wasn't sure if the son was Beatriz's other child besides Christina? And maybe not Izabel's child?

Karen likes this.
  7. Karen

I haven't read any spoilers yet, but I just started this over Thanksgiving. I'm enjoying it so far.

8. Karen

>>> I think that Beatriz had a son who died and then had a daughter after that, who was Maia's mother. <<<<

9. Karen

As I wrote in my Goodreads review, I know this book was a little sappy and predictable, but I totally loved it anyway. It had me reading more information about favelas in Rio and the Christ the Redeemer statue and how it was built. I found it interesting and learned something while reading. I wish I'd known it was a series of 7 fat books though because now that I've read the first one, I'm gonna have to read the rest and that'll take me months! :giggle

djp332 likes this.