December Holidays | Pad Patter 11.3

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Nov 3, 2021.

1. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

The only Christmas music in our hours before Thanksgiving is usually whatever the kids are practicing for concerts and recitals. And I LOVE it.

We typically decorate the day after Thanksgiving and that's when we are in full swing with Christmas music, movies, books, etc...

2. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Christmas will probably appear around here not this weekend but next, if not, it will be the week after. Not sure what our Thanksgiving plans are this year, so I'd like to have it all done before. As for the music part, I like Christmas music in really small doses. I can listen to a song or two and then I have to turn it off for awhile. I do love Pentatonix, though :)

3. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I consume Christmas media pre-Thanksgiving (movies, music, etc.) but I don't decorate or do Christmas-related activities/events until Thanksgiving weekend. For some reason, there is a difference for me. :)

4. 3BluEyedBabies

3BluEyedBabies Falling for pumpkin ...

I set up our Christmas tree today, actually! It isn't decorated yet because my 17 yo daughter had to work tonight. We love Christmas and start everything early in our house!

5. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

No Christmas music at our house. Years of working retail has ruined for both of us, lol. The only decorating we do is on the outside of the house and we try to get that done before the snows come.

bestcee likes this.
  6. Mrsdudds

Mrsdudds Well-Known Member

Our Christmas decorations will be put up on the 13th of December. My son's birthday is the 11th of December so I try to wait till after his birthday before putting Christmas decorations up, most years they do end up going up before. But this year he turns 18 so will decorate the room for that first.

My husband is already playing Christmas music in the car, and I have watched a few Christmas movies on Netflix over the last week.

bestcee likes this.
  7. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

We brake out the Xmas music whenever we put the tree. It depends on hockey schedule. LOL!!!!

8. michele hillam

michele hillam Loading up the bookmobile

I would start everything Christmas the first part of November but since we host Thanksgiving almost every year, we wait until the weekend after. My husband won’t put lights on the outside tree until after then.
    I did however convince him to buy/have installed year round house lights! I can change the for any occasion, I love them! I even changed it to “Domino's Pizza” colors because the automated delivery notice said to make sure your porch lights were on. I am a little obsessed with lights.
    I also collect nativities and scatter them all around the house. My favorites are handmade with many sheep (because what shepherd wouldn’t want to go see the newborn after seeing/hearing angels and the couldn’t just leave their flocks so I think they would bring them along)!

LynnG and bestcee like this.
  9. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I've been leaving it up to my kids to decorate since they've been teenagers and my middle child decided several years ago that Halloween belongs only in October -- so decorate on Oct 1 and take down on Nov 1 -- and Christmas belongs only in December. The last couple of years they've been either depressed or distracted and we ended up not decorating much at all. I grew up without decorations in our house, I guess because my extremely frugal parents weren't into decorating in general, and I've never been super enthusiastic about it. I enjoy looking at decorations; just not motivated to do them much.
    The school where I work has filled one of the corridors with strings of lights on the ceiling and there is a big tree in the lobby. I was impressed. We didn't have indoor hallways or holiday decor in my schools in California, at least not outside the classrooms (because that would be outside).

10. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

OH! My husband wants to do this! Are the lights LED? How does the color change work?

11. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Our town has the lights on the trees turned on. They leave them up year round, but there's something so welcoming about little white lights on trees.

michelepixels likes this.
  12. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

Our weather was mild last night, so I went for a walk after work. Two of the houses I passed by had their Christmas lights up and lit.

bestcee likes this.
  13. michele hillam

michele hillam Loading up the bookmobile

Yes, LED, and they are controlled by your phone. They have pre-programmed ones (like for the NFL OR NHL teams, holidays) or you can create your own. I haven’t spent the time to do that though.

bestcee likes this.
  14. LivyBug

LivyBug I should be considered yarned and dangerous.

I'm usually a Nov. 1st Christmas music gal, but this month I just started listening in the past few days! I'm also not desperate for decorations, so I'll wait til after Thanksgiving.

15. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

we have a birthday early December. We always wait at least one week after before decorating for Christmas.

16. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

I'm a December is for Christmas person so December 1 is when the decorations begin, the music can play, and I might start watching Christmas movies. We did buy a new Christmas tree this year so it is set up in the living room because my husband was anxious to see how it all connected together. It's not fluffed yet so I will work on that for the next few days so we can at least turn the lights on December 1st. We do keep our tree up until January 6th but I switch out Christmas decor for my vast snowman collection in January.