Since We Are Artsy People…

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Pachimac, Nov 5, 2021.

1. LivyBug

LivyBug I should be considered yarned and dangerous.

Cross-stitching, digital art, planners and stickers, decorating...

2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I collect all of the creative hobbies! :giggle Currently my favorites creative hobbies other than scrapbooking is art journaling, painting (acrylic and water color) and I've recently been loving building stuff out of wood too. It's getting cooler out so I'll probably pick up some crochet again soon. I knit too, but I'm not very good at that.

I used to do a ton of cross stitching and I also did a bunch of stained glass which I'd really like to get back into someday soon. I also used to do a ton of card making with rubber stamps.

3. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

I am loving to read all of these comments. I"ll get to you all in between homeschooling!

4. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I've tried different things over the years but none has really stuck...sewing, crocheting, cross stitch. I don't have time for much extra so most of my extra time is spent scrapbooking.

5. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

Lots of crafts over the years ... macrame to crocheting to quilting to crafty sewing projects to cross stitch. I have boxes and boxes of cross stitch patterns, once I retire in two years I'd like to take up cross stitching again.

Right now my free time is spent mostly reading and binge watching stuff on Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, etc. with some digi-scrapping thrown in.

6. mywisecrafts

mywisecrafts Pollywog

Papercrafting. I like to repurpose wine bottles (paint, stencil, etc) to use as centerpieces.

7. JenEm

JenEm Pollywog

@Pachimac My Grandmother used to crochet the most amazing things. She tried to teach me many years ago, but apparently I did not inherit the "crochet gene!" :)

Currently busy making Christmas stuff - cards, ornaments and some outdoor decorations for the house and listening to Christmas music. Is it too soon?

Karen likes this.
  8. Lillyia

Lillyia Well-Known Member

I love paper crafting, especially cards, but there are other things I'd like to try using paper like mobiles. I would like to make paper scrapbooks, in addition to my digital ones, but I am just terrible at it since it doesn't allow me to easily change my mind a zillion times like digital scrapping does. :agree

I started a project at our local pottery place, of painting light switch plates to replace the plain plastic ones in our house. With the weather changing, I am hoping to get back to that project.

Karen and gonewiththewind like this.
  9. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

What a neat idea! Do you have a photo of one of yours to show? I'd love to see it!

10. Mrsdudds

Mrsdudds Well-Known Member

I mainly just digital scrapbooking, although I do own looms and loads of wool and when I have the time and concentration I will dabble in a bit of loom knitting. Mainly making hats and scarfs for myself, or family.

11. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

I love looking at Pinterest thinking about all the things I could crochet if I knew how to crochet, lol. I would love to learn how to crochet.
    I do cross stitch but I haven’t done that in years.

12. Laura ODonnell

Laura ODonnell Well-Known Member

Knitting is my main hobby. I also crochet, but the only project I’m working on is called a granny stripe blanket made with scrap yarn. I’m also reading a lot more now than I have in awhile.

For those of you wanting to learn to knit or crochet, I learned completely from YouTube videos.

13. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

Look up "The Crochet Crowd" on YouTube and http://www.thecrochetcrowd.com

Mikey does both knitting and crochet and he has a beginner series of videos on youtube for both. He's also a KICK!! :)

14. michele hillam

michele hillam Loading up the bookmobile

I think I have CADD (crafting attention deficit disorder)! The only thing I have stayed with over time is scrapping.

I do dabble in all sorts of crafts, you name it, I have the stuff, lol. I have figured out that my favorite part of crafting is shopping for supplies.

Right now I am starting to play with needle felting, making hot chocolate bombs and Tila beaded bracelets (mostly due to my kids/grandkids enjoy crafting them with me)…but this may change by next week!