QR code users beware

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by umyesh, Nov 2, 2021.

1. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

That’s fun your kids watch them frequently! I hope you don’t ever have the same problem as me.

2. zakirahzakaria

zakirahzakaria Making to-do lists CHECK. Checking to-do lists...

Oh no, that's horrible! I don't use URL shorteners for my videos but never hurt to double check. Thanks for the heads up!

3. zakirahzakaria

zakirahzakaria Making to-do lists CHECK. Checking to-do lists...

Just want to share the app that I use to generate my QR codes. I find it convenient to upload my videos directly from the phone and create QR codes using that app. That way I don't have to transfer videos to my computer, which I use less frequently now that I have a little baby.
    IMG_20211104_111618.jpg

You can paste the video link in the Website tab (it won't shorten it):
    Screenshot_2021-11-04-11-15-59-365_qrcodegenerator.qrcreator.qrmaker.createqrcode.jpg

What's neat about this app is we can add a text label under the QR code. I use it to label what the video is about. It helps me identify it when adding the code to my PL pages. Here's an example:
    September11-024249AM.png

bestcee, Karen and HeatherB like this.
  4. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

I didn't have issues with inappropriateness (yet) but YouTube randomly recategorized all my videos from unlisted to private... so when my mom wanted to show scrapbooks to family on a trip she took, half the QR codes wouldn't even work. :cornfused

I had to go recategorize. I also have had YouTube delete my videos or block them for copyright if music was playing in the background. It happens years later... just enough to annoy me. (In 2021, I've had 3 or 4 videos from 2015 deleted :badputer )

bestcee likes this.
  5. Lisa B

Lisa B What am I supposed to do with all this chalk?

Yikes! So glad I can generate QR codes linked directly to my private cloud account in Forever! Another win for paying for permanent cloud storage as opposed to renting.