PSCC Dumb Question of the Day!

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by littlekiwi, Oct 25, 2021.

1. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

You all have way more patience than I do! I can't stand the auto select feature. The constant movement of unintended layers drives me bonkers! I'd much rather just use the CMD/CTR click to select a layer.

HeatherB, KimJ and keepscrappin like this.
  2. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Another dumb question but probably not specific to PSCC as such as I'm pretty sure I remember it bugging me in PSE too. How do you resize 12x12 papers to go smaller? I'm forever ending up "close enough" to the dimensions I want by using the 'Move' tool with the transform controls on but never bang on. For example if I want 11.5x11.5 inch square I usually end up just a little under or a little over

3. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Choose your paper layer in the layers panel. Open up your FREE TRANSFORM tool by clicking on the paper layer in a corner where you see the black square (or go to EDIT>FREE TRANSFORM [CTRL+T]). You can also go to EDIT>TRANSFORM>SCALE to get to the same place if you don't want to click on the corner.

You'll see that there are percentages in the width and height that I've highlighted in yellow below.

ScalePapers1.jpg

Start typing in the W box and enter "11.5 in." This will change your scaling from percentages to inches. Then change the H box to 11.5 in as well. Voila! You're done!

ScalePapers2.jpg

4. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

wow, thanks @gonewiththewind and here I was a PSE/PS user for about 18 years and I've only just learnt about that.

gonewiththewind likes this.
  5. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

It's amazing how much I still have to learn! These programs can be sneaky about where they hide things. LOL

6. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Yeah, I'm the same way with PSP and I've been using it since the late 90's! They put out new versions every year but I usually skipped a year, maybe 2. That way I at least was sort of up to date with what was out there.

gonewiththewind likes this.
  7. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

I broke my pscc last night. Something with the replace missing fonts, it locked up and had to go task manager to close it 4 times durning todays layout.