Can't upload in the gallery?

Discussion in 'Help Pad' started by Kat, Oct 25, 2021.

1. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I really believe it may be a chrome issue as I have issues sometimes using chrome on other sites and I have an issue. I then use Edge which I have because of windows.

2. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I think when I was having issues it was a Chrome issue. Not exactly the same, but similar. It was a glitch that I had no control over or any way to verify or fix what was happening. I used Firefox until it un-glitched. I think a month or so later, I was able to try chrome with no issue. I don't think the site is the issue - especially when you say lagging and not loading - that makes me think of service and the internet. Mine was hit or miss, and the glitch never with another browser. I pinned the fault on Chrome.

Maybe a work around might work? Maybe try loading a small image. Then go in and change out that image to your layout? It does add another step, but maybe it will work that way.

I know you are extremely adamant about your browser choice, but by at least trying with a different browser, you would at least know if the culprit was Chrome.

Karen likes this.
  3. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Probably a random suggestion as I use Chrome too with no issues, is your version of Chrome up to date?

4. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

We've had a few people post different issues with uploading to the gallery.

Some of our super prolific scrappers have exceeded the 'space' everyone is given. That requires a Laura fix, but since Kat's gallery is smaller than mine, and I don't think you hit that error until around 2000 layouts? So, I don't think that's the problem. That one gives an error message, I didn't think it was bandwidth, but it could say bandwidth in it. I believe @cfile Christa has had that error and had to have Laura fix it. She has 3800 lovely images in her gallery! That's what I thought you were referencing.

Justine @bellbird has had a very similar problem to Kat where it acts like it's uploading, but there's no error message, and nothing indicates what the problem is. I was troubleshooting with her last night too. She could upload in incognito, but not regular. I tried installing one of her extensions, and I was able to replicate the error that she describes. So, I'm hopeful that when she gets up, she can replicate the solution and make it work again.

If it's a few people having a specific issue with uploading, and no one else is, then often, like Sheri said, it's the computer/browser not the site. And if it's the computer/browser/internet service, there isn't much that can be done from Laura's side.

5. cfile

It wasn't me with the too many layouts that Laura had to fix, but thank you Courtney for saying that re the lovely image/layouts in my gallery :bk..
    I know it was Olga (zinzilah) and Eeyore Stefanie that has had to have Laura fix recently but they got an error message. I really think it is a chrome issue.. Chrome is funny sometimes. I agree though with what @jk703 said to test to see if it is indeed a chrome issue by using a different browser just as a test.

bestcee and jk703 like this.
  6. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

@Kat do you have the HoverZoom extension?
    @bestcee was messaging me back & forth & she was absolutely right about the extension issue- all i had to do to be able to upload to the gallery again in normal chrome (not in an 'incognito window') was to remove HoverZoom - it's an easy fix :byay!! (for me at least, so it's worth trying if you have extensions in your 'more tools' chrome flyout menu, one of them might be the issue).
    Let me know how you go and i hope this helps you out Kat, i know how frustrating it was but i'm happy to use firefox - chrome has some other vulnerability issues apparently and i was tossing up switching before this whole thing happened and it forced my hand but i'm happy with firefox

7. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

yeah it was when i first ran into this issue so that was ruled out early on in my case anyway but you're right, always something to check!

8. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Hooray that you figured out what was causing your problem and you're able to upload again!

9. cfile

Excellent news for you Justine!!!

10. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

I use Firefox for everything except Shutterfly. I was having a dilly of a time making the spine while making books at Shutterfly and had to download Chrome which solved that problem. I agree with @SeattleSheri, sometimes you just need that second browser to get the job done!

SeattleSheri likes this.
  11. Kat

Kat Seeking wine/shopping/teeth brushing support group

I don't. (what is it, do I need it? lol... maybe not).... I do have pinterest, adblocker, and a few others. I'll clean up that section a bit.

@littlekiwi yes I do have it updated. There have been a few issues with some of the updates. I am in art classes on ruzuku and at one point, it broke the downloading of jpegs. It was really annoying but at some point, it fixed itself.

It may seem silly to be stubborn about one browser. But the reality is that I have very severe anxiety right now running out of control and small changes to my routine send me into an attack. Even stupid simple stuff like this. I get frustrated like I am an old lady with no tech skills trying to figure out how to open a page. I didn't used to be this bad (tech wise or anxiety wise) but it is what it is. So when I get time/good frame of mind, I can troubleshoot more.

You guys do have tons of excellent suggestions and there are a few I haven't tried. I also need to do a mac update and just ran my time machine backup so those things could also help. I wish tech would stop breaking things to try to make it better. lol

bestcee and SeattleSheri like this.
  12. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

I hear you. I have a hate/hate relationship with my printer. It acts up all the time for me. My husband can just walk into the office and it will magically work for him. Technology, the greatest stressor ever!

13. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

this is the screenshot i sent Courtney of my extensions - deleting the HoverZoom one fixed it (it made thumbnails bigger without clicking & opening stuff in a new tab) so i didn't try any others but if you have something similar, maybe think about trying to remove that first??
    Capture-chrome ext.PNG

Karen likes this.
  14. Kat

Kat Seeking wine/shopping/teeth brushing support group

I am not sure why but the upload worked today. So I won't do too much overthinking or questioning it, just hopefully it doesn't happen again.

15. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

@Kat Hopefully it has been fixed and you can keep on posting now.