Do sample pages influence you to buy a product?

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by SeattleSheri, Oct 22, 2021.

Do sample pages influence you to buy a product?

1. Yes! I like to see the versatility of the product

32 vote(s)
    74.4%
  2. Nah! The product preview is good enough for me

2 vote(s)
    4.7%
  3. It depends ...

9 vote(s)
    20.9%
  1. CharlotteM

CharlotteM Well-Known Member

yes, layouts often inspire me to buy, but for me it is very, very important that this KIT was used exclusively and that the pages are suitable for everyday use - that is, I photograph my everyday life and want to create layouts for it, and that's exactly how it should be the sample pages look like - preferably in different styles, but not too artistic pages .. nice, but not to be used for my everyday photos....

SeattleSheri and HavaDrPepper like this.
  2. zinzilah

zinzilah One step at a time

Oh the amount of times that I fell in love with a LO in the gallery, got drawn in and seeing the credits, went looking for that kit in the shop, frequently it's then and only then that I see the previews for the first time, and even though they are important, the first impact is frequently from the sample layouts that attract my attention to them

SeattleSheri likes this.
  3. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

4. zakirahzakaria

zakirahzakaria Making to-do lists CHECK. Checking to-do lists...

Coming back to add, I've also seen some stunning pages in the gallery using a particular kit and that intrigued me to check out their credits and eventually, the kit itself in the store. Although I haven't bought that kit yet due to economic restraints (lol), I can't shake it off my scrapbooker head. If I have an endless budget for this hobby, I might have bought the kit in a heartbeat though. So yes, CT layouts do influence my buying decision.

SeattleSheri likes this.
  5. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Most DEFINITELY- the more info provided in previews, samples for the product the better. I often click on challenge pages to see what was used. If the product doesn't show enough, there's a good chance I'll move on. I passed up a few purchases this month because in the past I have bought without the additional info/images, and though I liked the item, I was not as happy with element duplicates, or the preview made the product seem a bit fuller. Contact pages are TERRIFIC!!! :heartslub It doesn't take much time to load additional images, so when a designer does that, I will stop and take a better look at her product! :bk

SeattleSheri likes this.
  6. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

I add products to my wishlist when I see them used in the gallery. So CTs posting their layouts in the gallery is very important. Then I buy from my wishlist when I get a coupon or some other discount.

SeattleSheri likes this.
  7. mary kate

mary kate Well-Known Member

Same here!

I am definitely influenced by sample pages. Sometimes too much so, truth be told: I am sometimes guilty of purchasing a kit based on a wonderful layout that makes me think, "I must have this kit." And then I purchase the kit and it sits unused on my hard drive, because I didn't really have the right photos/ideas for that kit...

Memaw2Wm and SeattleSheri like this.
  8. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

100% YES! I get overwhelmed with previews and if I see a page I like that uses just the kit I might buy it just because of that page only. LOL!!!

SeattleSheri likes this.
  9. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

The layouts definitely make a difference for me. I'll see a kit that I might like and if I'm trying to decided whether or not to buy it, I always check out the layouts to make the final decision. :agree

SeattleSheri likes this.
  10. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

I definitely look at them! I think it really helps to see how others use the elements and papers. I also appreciate when I see a themed kit, but some of the sample pages don't follow that theme. I don't always follow the theme, so this helps me see the versatility of the kit.

SeattleSheri and HavaDrPepper like this.
  11. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

I voted "It depends". I rely on sample pages when I'm just browsing through kits in the store. I'm less likely to buy if there aren't any. When I get designer newsletters that have lots of sample pages, I focus more on the product photos and skim the pages unless one really catches my eye.

That different approach probably doesn't make a whole lot of sense. But I get so many emails each day that it's a constant struggle to go through them so I take a quick look at an email, then go to the store for a closer look.

SeattleSheri likes this.