Sept 2021 Book Club - One To Watch

Discussion in 'Reading Pad' started by Karen, Aug 15, 2021.

1. navaja77

navaja77 Well-Known Member

2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I finished this one yesterday and totally had fun reading it!

This was an easy read and I totally wanted to watch the show they were making. Lol! I'm not sure I've ever watched the Bachelor or Bachelorette but I did watch one reality dating show many years ago (Joe Millionaire or something?) and got completely sucked into it and the characters. I did think it was interesting to see the behind the scenes stuff about how the producers basically influence how the show could go and I'm sure that happens a lot, especially with the "twists" they throw in to get ratings. I was NOT happy with Luc and Lauren hooking up hours after Luc slept with Bea. I actually couldn't believe how she was able to handle dating so many men at the same time and there were a few times when Asher was acting "funny" after she'd come back from a date with someone else and she couldn't figure out why he could possibly be upset. Lol. duh! But I get it was the only way to write this and I just had fun with the cheap drama of it all. I knew pretty early on that she was going to end up with Asher and I was cool with that. I was REALLY happy she didn't end up with Ray after he strung her along for so long. He totally judged her as a non-datable person based on her weight for a decade and then expected her to still be eagerly awaiting for him to come around to actually realizing she was a good person. Nope! I also chuckled at the thread with Collin and their banter related to the show too. I'm not sure I would have read this on my own, so I'm glad it was picked for our book club here. It was entertaining!

plumdumpling likes this.
  3. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

I agree, not sure I'd have grabbed it on my own but glad I did! It was fun and I would have loved to have watched it too. in fact, I'd love if they made the whole book into a movie. LOL.

Karen likes this.
  4. tinkerbell1112

hmm....not sure why my response is in spoiler mode. lol - spoiler mode is new for me.

5. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Probably because you replied to my post and I had a spoiler thingie in my post. :giggle Glad you liked it too! I would totally watch that movie!

6. tinkerbell1112

yeah, I tried to "quote" your post but remove the words in your spoiler, but I guess I left the words and brackets for spoiler in it. LOL. makes me look like I have something really important and top secret to say I guess. :rofl

Karen likes this.