World of books - A CHALLENGE

Discussion in 'Reading Pad' started by FarrahJobling, Jun 10, 2021.

1. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

Hey friends!

I am inspired by @mary kate to read more books from another country and scrap them with this month's BYOC! Who wants to play along? Here is her amazing LO!

[​IMG]

G.J., amien1, Iowan and 1 other person like this.
  2. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

What a great idea!!

3. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Love how she filled the continents & landmasses on the map template with that book pp!
    I have The Survivors reserved already (it's more local to me though) & am audio-ing a UK book at the moment (Come Again - Robert Webb) & the paper book I'm reading in spurts b/c it's short stories is Paris for One - Jojo Moyes ( & obviously is in France but also the UK)

Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
    FarrahJobling likes this.
  4. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

Im always reading books from other countries/authors...so I LOVE this page!! I just finished a book by Italian author Andrea Camilleri...I love his books!

Nemla and FarrahJobling like this.
  5. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

I love reading (well listening really...) books from other parts of the world! I like Sally Hepworth- I think she's Australian so I have listened to a lot of hers! Another one I really liked was A Burning by Megha Majumdar is set in India.

I'm down to try to get a few others in this month! :)

I'm totally going to look him up! :D Thanks!

Ferdy and FarrahJobling like this.
  6. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

I just DL'd the audio for The Survivors...sounds great

7. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

8. G.J.

G.J. If I Could Turn Back Time

Kisses for Bart

9. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

How do you find books from other countries? Other than just googling I guess? but is there like a top 10 list somewhere from certain countries? Fun idea. I don't usually intentionally grab books from other countries, but sometimes I find myself with one in hand

10. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I think I might try this! One of my goals this year was to read more and so far I'm doing pretty good and have read about 2 books a month (which is pretty good for me!). I think it might be fun to find good books from different countries. I think I'll make it my 2022 goal though so I have time to plan. I already have enough books to read this year.

11. bestcee

12. bestcee

G.J. and tinkerbell1112 like this.
  13. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

Kiss Bart!!

14. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

Every year Amazon show cases some books from other countries and they are available to download for free. I can’t remember if this years event already happened or not. I may have missed it

15. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

I read all sorts. But I guess mostly Scandinavian as " foreign " books.... Otherwise from the UK, USA, or Canada . But all are books from an other country to me. Maltese books are hard to read for me in their original language .
    I do read Danish ones when I can get my hand's on them.
    Fav Foreign ; ( as in not American, I love lots of American writers, but in the spirit of this thread.....)
    Dona Leon , Andrea Camilleri , ( italian ) Michel Bussi (French) Maeve Binchy ( Irish ) Camilla Laekberg ( swedish )
    Jussie Alder Olsen ( Danish ,scary but good ! ) Sara Blædel and Julie Hastrup ( also Danish) David Lagercrantz ( Swedish , he continued the Millennium series when Stig Larson passed away. ) Robert Galbraith ( british ,also known as JK Rowling) Ken Follett ( British/welsh ) and Louise Penny ( Canadian ) Lisa See ( who is American, but who writes about China ) Maisie Mosco ( British turn of the century )
    It is a mix of crime and quiet relaxing novels....

G.J. and Karen like this.