you've got a pumpkin | pad patter 10.19.21

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by keepscrappin, Oct 19, 2021.

1. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

2. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I would carve it! We usually carve pumpkins each year with our kids, but we didn't last year. We had just started a huge remodel right before halloween and didn't have a kitchen and area to do our carving. My hubby loves carving pumpkins so hopefully he'll get back to it this year.

3. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

We have done A & C!

keepscrappin likes this.
  4. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

E. Wonder where it came from, since we don't really do any of those! :lol

We have carved jack-o-lanterns a couple of times, but I didn't really enjoy the process and our unimpressive results weren't worth the effort and mess.

keepscrappin likes this.
  5. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Paint it!!!!!!!! So less messy, and it lasts for such a long time. Been doing this the past 5 years. Ours is a "Harvest Pumpkin" , and it is a time for us and the littles to talk about gratitude and celebration of life. :D It has become a family tradition.
    Just did this year's yesterday!:heartslub
    IMG_5100.JPEG IMG_5101.JPEG

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
    keepscrappin likes this.
  6. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

E. Let them sit on the porch, as is, until they start to rot or the squirrels get them or Thanksgiving comes.

keepscrappin, AJK and Cherylndesigns like this.
  7. LivyBug

LivyBug I should be considered yarned and dangerous.

I'd probably paint instead/and carve!

keepscrappin likes this.
  8. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Definitely paint. And it wouldn't be a real pumpkin as the heat/humidity in Florida rots them so quickly. LOL

keepscrappin likes this.
  9. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I haven't bought any pumpkins for a few years. Chance stopped wanting to carve them, so I haven't fooled with them. But, when I did buy them, we carved them and roasted the seeds...yum!! Then we waited for them to rot and pitched them in the woods lol.

keepscrappin likes this.
  10. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I painted the last few that I got. Way easier than carving.

keepscrappin and AJK like this.
  11. Farwen

Farwen Well-Known Member

Paint it and then... risotto!!

keepscrappin likes this.
  12. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

My family has done all 4, especially carving. When they were little I bought 3 or 4, one for each of them and sometimes a 4th for myself, and we'd all design and carve.

My oldest has been the most creative with pumpkins. One year, using a hair dryer, she melted crayons she had glued to the top of a pumpkin so they melted colorfully down the sides. She has also painted a pumpkin.

I've roasted pumpkin seeds a few times, but with some shame I admit more often I just lazily throw them away.

I've made pies from fresh little pumpkins a few times. I LOVE pumpkin pie. That's what I'd most like to do with a pumpkin these days. I almost bought one for that reason when I went grocery shopping last week, but wasn't sure I'm up for it. I'll consider it again when I return to the grocery store tomorrow.

keepscrappin likes this.
  13. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

We just go with the real pumpkins, unpainted and uncarved. We keep them though Thanksgiving. One of my favorite photos is of the pumpkins covered with snow from an early storm.

keepscrappin likes this.
  14. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

None of the above, lol. How boring of me!!!

keepscrappin likes this.
  15. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

Carved them as a kid and with my kids. I've carved and painted with the GK ... painting is much easier when they are little. Won't be doing either this year b/c the youngest GK is 16 and he's not interested. <wah>

keepscrappin likes this.
  16. Mrivas

Mrivas I know how to spit like a man

We carve them and bake the seeds. So good!

keepscrappin likes this.
  17. zinzilah

zinzilah One step at a time

Carve and make soup, or roast the insides. Throw away seeds, too fiddly. Yes, I know lazy... but in my defense we only ever get the small pumpkins here, you need to know the farmer or something like go to Italy for a proper size pumpkin. I use a tiny little saw and a dremel drill to decorate the pumpkins.

keepscrappin likes this.
  18. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

This! LOL.

Although my older girls are begging to carve this year. I will probably let them since they are old enough to do it on their own. I'll probably tell them I'll buy them pumpkins if they help the younger kids carve. It's just one of those things I don't enjoy doing!

keepscrappin likes this.
  19. mary kate

mary kate Well-Known Member

I would hope to do A and B: scoop out the pulp and seeds; separate the seeds and dry them out; roast the seeds with salt and a bit of oil; carve a fun/scary jack-o-lantern. But since A and B are a lot of work, I'd probably end up doing

keepscrappin likes this.
  20. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

Carve, I suppose. With my own kids I used to carve, but they're teens and over it. We were never the house with the impressive pumpkins that people marvel over--we did the basic triangular eyes, mouth with a few teeth, etc. At school the kids and I are doing both. They painted their pumpkins yesterday, and we're in the middle of me carving one for them. (I am waaay too lazy to bake or cook with fresh pumpkin. Canned or nothing!)

keepscrappin likes this.