Any Outlander Fans?

Discussion in 'Reading Pad' started by tinkerbell1112, Sep 28, 2021.

1. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Absolutely Kim.. the book has alot more info in them.. the show is great but the books are fab.. Also if you are a Sam Heughan & Graham MacTavish fan, check out Men in Kilts on Starz too... fantastic. I read the book for the Men in Kilts but prefer seeing the show for that much better :)

gonewiththewind likes this.
  2. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

cfile likes this.
  3. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I am, but at some point, I stopped reading. I need to start the entire series, start reading book 1.

4. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

I haven't read the last book, but its been so long now since I read the series that I need to re-read them all again!

5. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

oohh!!! love it thanks!!

cfile likes this.
  6. tinkerbell1112

I've read all the extra books as well and I like some, love some and don't care for some. LOL. But I did enjoy making my way through them during the "down time". LOL. I didn't find these books until 7 were out, and by the time I made it to 8 it was out as well. I've never had to wait so long for a book before. hahaha.

cfile likes this.
  7. cfile

Ha ha... I only just read the LJG books and the extras in May... I agree some better than others but I enjoy the backstories :)

8. tinkerbell1112

@Dalis and @janedee - audible is a great way to buzz through them quickly while doing virtually everything else - driving, cooking, cleaning! I've made it through 85% of book 8 on audible in about 2.5 weeks. The first time around the entire book took me 6 months. LOL. And the reader on Audible, Davina Porter, is AMAZING!!!!

Dalis likes this.
  9. tinkerbell1112

yes!!!! There is sooooooooo much more in the books than they can fit into the show. If you love the show you will love love love the books!!!! I've read them (not as many as Cheryl) each at least twice and get something I missed (or forgot) each time!

10. tinkerbell1112

I'd be interested in knowing about that fb group - I'm in a re-read of 8 right now, but will be re-reading 6 soon before the show starts (after I read 9!). LOL. I read them in such strange orders - I read them all straight through once, then read them all before the seasons came out (or simultaneously) and once she's done with all 10 I'll have to read them all through again straight from the beginning. They are like conquering mt. Everest they're so big, but it's like going to a family reunion!

11. tinkerbell1112

I would highly advise trying a bit further. I too remember thinking i couldn't quite get into it in the beginning. It also took me a bit to get into book 2 - I won't tell you why - but I was very confused and actually had to re-read the end of book 1 again and still wasn't sure I didn't miss a book. LOL. Maybe that's enough intrigue to keep you reading. LOL

rach3975 and 3BluEyedBabies like this.
  12. tinkerbell1112

Did you see there's a second book coming out this fall? I listened to Men In Kilts on the plane and laughed out loud to the point people looked at me funny. hahah

13. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I can't do audible, my attention span is terrible and I already have idea of their voices in my head. It just doesn't work out for me, but they are such an amazing read.

tinkerbell1112 likes this.
  14. mnjenlittle

mnjenlittle Dewey Decimal, I love you!

Here is a link to that group. There are so many that have the same name. lol
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/711146622992399/

tinkerbell1112 likes this.
  15. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

B055A319-56CA-4FD1-BF2E-6632211BCB60.png
    Bart lost his library card and can’t check out Outlander. Poor Froggie!

16. DigiGrace

DigiGrace Make mine a purple passion

17. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

Years ago someone told me the series was completed, so I started reading. Needless to say, that was bad intel and I should have checked for myself! I read through 6 then, and a year or so later 7 was released so I read that. Given how long the books are and how much time there is between the releases, I'm waiting. Once the series is really done I'll go back and start from the beginning. If anyone is interested in the audiobooks, check your library's Overdrive site or Libby app. That's how I read most of them, IIRC.

18. tinkerbell1112

Yeah, the droughtlander time is TERRIBLE. LOL. She is releasing 9 and has said there will be a 10th. I'm guessing it'll be another 3-4 years!

rach3975 likes this.
  19. cfile

so so excited. got go tell the bees today :) also picked up 7 stones which I have read already but wanted for my collection.. I may end up with the Lord John books too, but will think about them for now since I already read those on line through the library too. IMG_7783.jpg

20. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

@cfile I purchased mine as a digital copy, and I'm really trying not to start reading it because I have so much going on in the next couple of days. I know all I will want to do is read if I get started. It's torturous!

tinkerbell1112 and cfile like this.