Fall - Excited or Sad to see Summer Go?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Pachimac, Oct 9, 2021.

1. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

I am so excited for Fall!! It was 70 degrees yesterday and I just about cried. Living in the desert, you dream of cool weather!!!

One vote for ecstatic for Fall.

[​IMG]

What say you?

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  2. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I like fall weather ok, but I'm a summer girl. I do love the colors of fall, but I despise the leaves. They are so much work at my house. Right now we are having wonderful weather...highs in the low 70's and lows in the 50's. I just wish it would stay like that for a little while. It seems like we always just go straight to winter without a nice long fall.

HavaDrPepper likes this.
  3. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I LOVE fall! All the years we lived in Florida, I missed fall so much! The colors are so beautiful and rich. Our weather is still hot, but it's supposed to cool down next week.

4. 3BluEyedBabies

3BluEyedBabies Falling for pumpkin ...

I love Fall! It's getting darker earlier here in PA, which I HATE, but it's also getting cooler which is nice. I can't handle hot & humid weather!

5. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Exactly how I feel!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  6. Kat

Kat Seeking wine/shopping/teeth brushing support group

It was 95 today, and is currently 91 at 6:30 pm so I can't imagine my excitement... if it would ever just goooooo.

Stupid Texas.

7. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

I love fall, but it is cool and short-lived where I live. It's going down to -6C on Monday overnight. Brrr! To me, that's the start of winter!!

8. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

Yeah, I live in Southwest Florida. Summer, Fall, Winter, Spring - they're all the same here. It was 87 today. I'm not complaining because I love it here.

9. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

summer's coming here - not excited for bushfire season again but i like the extra daylight hours, and then feel grateful for the inventors of aircon

10. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Fall is nice but I'm always bummed summer is ending because the days are getting shorter. Now, with my new job, I'm struggling to fit in my daily walks in the morning.

AJK likes this.
  11. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

Yeah, it totally matters where you live. I don't dislike fall, but I definitely don't prefer it to summer. I completely miss the warm weather and long days, but I don't live in an area that is scorching during the summer.

12. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Excited for fall. I love that we still have the lush greens of summer, but the weather starts cooling down. I usually hibernate during the summer because I don't handle the heat well. It's going to be up and down through Oct/Nov/Dec. I'm ready for some COOLNESS over a stretch of days!

13. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I enjoy the cooler weather after summer, those few days before the rains pelt us. It's actually only February that I need to endure - the rest of the year is good and mild.

14. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Perhaps it also depends on what you're used to. I grew up in San Diego and lived in southern California for the first 29 years of my life. It was almost always between 60 in the winter and 100 in the summer. So when I moved to Virginia, the summer was cooler than I was used to. The humidity can be excessive but we spend a lot of time in air conditioning.

15. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

I love all your answers. Sometimes I wish I lived in a more varied environment like many of you do. Vegas has hot, nuclear hot, a few weeks of mild, then cold! Lol

16. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

Some like it hot, I do not...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

Bring on fall! I'm just south of you in Arizona. Not a fan of summers in the valley. Also not a fan of triple digit temperatures well into October.

18. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Summer girl here... more time outside, more light, longer feeling days, less schedule, and a bit more fun.

DH hates leaves.... lol! We have so many large and tall, fully leaved trees on our property... it's a lot of work. This layout has one pile... and usually it it multiple over the season, and many are approx 5ft x 12ft in size (guesstimate). I bet peter and I could sit inside the piles, arms out to the sides, and not touch - still fully covered.

[​IMG]

19. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I think there are things I love about every season, so I focus on the good things each time a season changes. In the fall I LOVE that it's colder at night and we can sleep with the windows open and get fresh breezes. I also really really love hoodie weather, so that's another win for fall! :agree And... in Michigan we have some spectacular fall color that is really gorgeous too. Oh and we have tons of apple farms around us so the fall brings fresh locally grown apples of all kinds... so I can make apple pie! Yum!

michelepixels likes this.
  20. LivyBug

LivyBug I should be considered yarned and dangerous.

Goodbyeeeee Summer! I'm ready for cooler weather, fall outfits, holiday fooooood