Early Bird or night owl???

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by weaselwatchr, Oct 6, 2021.

1. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I'm 100% early bird. I love the freshness of morning. I prefer getting things done early in the day. I just want to relax in the evenings and I've fallen asleep trying to watch movies so many times!

I've been an early riser my whole life. I remember getting up before everyone else in my family when I was around 5 years old and watching yoga on PBS. The only time I got close to being a night owl was when I had very little kids. I'd stay up for a few hours after they all went to bed because I needed that long stretch of uninterrupted time to my introverted self.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  2. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

I am sure that's how you get all those wonderful nature shots too

3. meganmecrazy

meganmecrazy Caution: Randomly Breaks Out into Show tunes

I am a night owl but had to train myself to go to bed early after this past summer because I had to start being up early for work. But then I have some nights that I just can't sleep no matter how hard I try. lol

weaselwatchr likes this.
  4. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

This is me tonite. I work 13 hours tomorrow and I am wide awake

5. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

While I enjoy how much more I get done when I have to be up early- I tend to fall into the Night Owl category. Even though I'm tired (I've been tired since 2008 when my daughter was born anyways ;) ) I seem to get a burst of motivation in the evenings & can stay up pretty late watching shows with the hubby. And if I start to read before bed... it's just a downhill from there... ONE MORE CHAPTER... until 2am... lol

weaselwatchr and Tronesia like this.
  6. Tronesia

Tronesia Tronesia

Definitely a night owl. I feel better in the evenings; my thought process is flowing easily. Worst part right now is my hubby is an insomniac and seems my children can be a little of the same way. My daughter could go to bed before all of us and still be the last to wake up; and some days she just can't sleep. My son (he's 7) will sleep exactly 8 hours..no more, no less. Every 2 weeks he flips his sleep around and starts waking up wayyy too early in the morning (like, going to bed at 7pm and waking up at 3 am). If I didn't need sleep, I probably wouldn't.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  7. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

I used to be a night owl, but something changed in the last few years and I can't sleep more than about 6½ hours at night. Lately I'm asleep by around 11:00-11:30pm and I wake up around 5:30-6:00am. Even if I stay in bed, I can't sleep longer, so 99% of the time I just get up right away. Some days (about twice a week) I end up napping for a couple of hours in the afternoon.

My most focused productive time of day varies a lot, but I've learned that I can't handle sugar like I used to. A bowl of ice cream after lunch is a guaranteed sugar crash and nap! :giggle

weaselwatchr likes this.
  8. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I used to be a night owl, but I am most definitely an early bird now! I am at my most productive early in the morning, and I just love the peace and quiet!

weaselwatchr likes this.
  9. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I'm def more of a morning person. But I do enjoy staying up late and reading.

weaselwatchr likes this.