October Photography Challenge

Discussion in 'October 2021 Challenges' started by bestcee, Sep 30, 2021.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Hey everyone! I love the month of October. It's my favorite. It might be because of Thanksgiving (Canadian), autumn coming, or my birthday. And of course, DSD is now in October too! But I tend to believe it's because of Halloween! Sure, Halloween is known for door to door getting candy. But for me? It's also an opportunity to satisfy my nosiness curiosity about how others live. I love learning about other people and seeing their homes and personality in decorating or working. When I worked in an office setting, we could decorate our cubicles, and I adored walking around and looking at photos, quotes, and other miscellaneous decorations.

So for this month, I'm bringing that online. Your photography challenge this month is to capture a photo of your workspace. Maybe you work on the couch on an iPad, or you have multiple screens at a dedicated desk. Maybe your workspace is the kitchen table around homework and dinner. Whatever that space looks like, share it with us. Take a photo and scrap your current workspace set up to share with us. You don't have to be in it, but bonus if you are!

Here's mine. I rearranged recently to add the third monitor, and I'm kinda in love with having 3. And of course, if you look hard you can see old hard drives keeping photos safe, snacks ready to go, my drink holder, and my markers.

[​IMG]

I can't wait to see your current workspace!

Monthly Challenge Rule Reminders:

Your page must contain at least 75% Lilypad product. Your page should be posted to the Lilypad Gallery and then linked to the October Challenge Layouts thread so it can be tracked, and to this thread.

The Lilypad uses a percent system for our challenges; the number of challenges you participate in determines the store discount you will receive at the end of the month:

2 challenges = 10% off
    4 challenges = 20% off
    6 challenges = 30% off

If you complete 7 challenges, you will receive a coupon for 30% off, plus you will be entered to win a $50 gift certificate from the Lilypad! The first seven challenges will be posted on the first of the month; the eighth challenge is the BYOC challenge, which is posted on BYOC release day. Each page counts for one challenge (you cannot use one layout for multiple challenges).

Last edited: Oct 1, 2021
    Cherylndesigns likes this.
  2. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Are you sure you really want to see it? @bestcee, I’m not even sure I want to see it……let’s say it’s not my normal or dream set up by any means given how I feel on a day to day basis.

bestcee likes this.
  3. bestcee

I do!! No matter what it looks like. Hey, once upon a time, my space was a folding chair and a laptop on my lap.

4. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I'll see what I can do being that it is me in bed 99% of the time looking at stacks of boxes and other junk (I'm packing unnecessary stuff for if/when I ever move out of home)

bestcee likes this.
  5. MariSt

MariSt Well-Known Member

6. bestcee

Bart would like to say, he works here! At the Lilypad.
    [​IMG]

7. 3BluEyedBabies

3BluEyedBabies Falling for pumpkin ...

8. michele hillam

michele hillam Loading up the bookmobile

9. bestcee

10. navaja77

navaja77 Well-Known Member

11. Smileark

Smileark Well-Known Member

Does it have to be your work place or could you do a child's? I was going to do a layout on my daughter's new desk and computer.

12. bestcee

I'd love to see your workspace! Maybe your daughters would work for template or style challenges this month?

13. bjthomas

bjthomas We will rock you!

Quick question - does it need to be a new picture? (if so, I've got some cleaning to do...) Or can I use a picture from last year when I was working from home? I'm good with either, just clarifying AND, for the second option, I already have my pic ;)

14. Mingo08

Mingo08 Ctrl+Z is my friend

Quick clarification - "Work" space as in where I work on my scrapping? Or where I do "paid employment" work - which isn't at home?

I guess I need to know if I'm doing an "at home, where I get stuff done" page, or an "at work, where I'm paid to get stuff done" page. Thanks!

bjthomas likes this.
  15. mywisecrafts

mywisecrafts Pollywog

Thank you for this challenge! Here's my spin on it.

[​IMG]

16. zinzilah

zinzilah One step at a time

17. bestcee

I'd rather new since this is the photography challenge :-) Also, no worries about clean or dirty! No judgement here!

bjthomas likes this.
  18. bestcee

I would accept either, especially since I know some people are working at home still and the work space might be the same. But, if you can, I'd rather see the scrap space!

Mingo08 likes this.
  19. bestcee

20. meganmecrazy

meganmecrazy Caution: Randomly Breaks Out into Show tunes