Printing on silhouette problems

Discussion in 'Learning Pad' started by Mónica Santos, Sep 23, 2021.

1. Mónica Santos

Mónica Santos New Member

Hi!

I'm having an issue while printing the elements from the pocket memory monthly kits, when I size them to A4 the letters from the header are crossing the registration marks. Do I need to resize to another size or invert the marks?

Thank you.

2. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

Karen and Mónica Santos like this.
  3. Mónica Santos

Mónica Santos New Member

4. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Let me go download those files and see if I can help. Give me a few minute. :agree

5. Karen

Ok @Mónica Santos I see what you mean. Do you have Photoshop or an editing program? If you do, you could bring in the colored version of the file and remove the top banner that has the Lilypad logo and name of the MPM kit. Then you would be able to use the file without anything overlapping the registration marks.

For the designers of MPM, here's what happening. When we Silhouette users bring in the printables files, we bring in the B&W version, trace those black areas and then drop the colored version in on top with the trace lines ready to go. Then we print and stick the printed version onto a mat and into the Silhouette for cutting. The machine uses an optical reader to scan some registration marks in the two upper corners and the lower left corner. There is a "keep out" area where nothing can be or it confuses the optical reader. Here's a screen grab of what I'm talking about. The hatched area is the area where nothing can be or the print and cut won't work. I have a .psd file including these areas if the designers would find that helpful.

@AllisonPennington @mommyish @Soco @Valoriew @esahin @scarletsierra

Registration Overlapping.PNG

6. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

@Karen

Thank you so much for testing that out for the subscribers and our designers!

Karen likes this.
  7. LivyBug

LivyBug I should be considered yarned and dangerous.

There is a away to decrease the amount of hatched area in the Page Setup menu. You can decrease the Inset under Position (minimum .394").

[​IMG]

I hope this is helpful! I too have come across this issue with some printables. Usually you can release the compound path, and simply delete the logos at the top.

G.J., bellbird, Karen and 3 others like this.
  8. Soco

Soco Shhhhhh. Just shhhhhh.

Thank you for letting us know about this, @Mónica Santos and @Karen ! I'll check with the other designers to see how we can fix it.

bellbird and Karen like this.
  9. esahin

esahin Elif Sahin

@Mónica Santos you can either invert the registration marks or when you import both the print and black cutting file into the Silhouette software you can select both and nudge them towards bottom a bit before you hit print. There should be enough space at the bottom of the A4 page to do this.

bellbird, bestcee and Karen like this.
  10. Karen

Great ideas! Thanks Elif! :)

11. Mónica Santos

Mónica Santos New Member

Thank you for all your help, you're amazing @Karen , @LivyBug and @esahin . I'm going to do that and invert the lines and see were I can put the registrations without interfering. I'm still a newbie with the Silhouette so this was really helpful.

KimJ, bestcee, Karen and 1 other person like this.
  12. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I'm so glad you have some help!

[​IMG]

Mónica Santos likes this.
  13. mmbstaley

mmbstaley Well-Known Member

14. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

15. G.J.

G.J. If I Could Turn Back Time