Sept 2021 Book Club - One To Watch

Discussion in 'Reading Pad' started by Karen, Aug 15, 2021.

1. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Voting is complete and we have another batch of great books to read together. Bring on Fall/Winter reading baby! We have four top vote getters so we have new books from September through December 2021. :clappy

The book for September is One to Watch by Kate Stayman-London. Feel free to read our book club books in any order that you choose and when you've finished reading, come back here and tell us what you think. Please label spoilers. We have a new trick for hiding spoilers. Type whatever you want and then highlight the spoiler portion and click the + button above and select Spoiler.

This is a spoiler...
    I love to read

[​IMG]

Just a note, anyone can read these books at any time and join in the discussion at any time too! The more the merrier! :agree Happy reading!

Ferdy and umyesh like this.
  2. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

It came in really quickly at my digi library so have already started reading it. Love the easy flow to this and will finish it pretty quickly.

Karen likes this.
  3. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I love your spoiler Karen haha finished this audiobook today! Thanks for the fun read!

Karen likes this.
  4. Karen

I like to mix those up. :giggle And wow did you read this one fast! :agree

umyesh likes this.
  5. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Ta-da....done (actually finished it up yesterday). It was a fun, fast read and really enjoyed it.

Karen likes this.
  6. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

this one is translated into Portuguese!! yaay!! I ll add to my list!!

Karen likes this.
  7. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

I really enjoyed this book.

>>>>>While I'm not a fan of the Bachelorette or the Bachelor, this book made me do a lot of thinking about those shows. I should have guessed that there was a script. I loved Bea's character, maybe because she and I have the same body type. At least she's happy with hers, whereas I'm on a diet every other week. I was really rooting for Bea and Ray to get back together, and was surprised by her not picking him or Sam after Asher left so quickly. (why is it so hard for a man to commit?) Good thing Asher had Bea meet his kids or they may not have ever gotten back together. I think it is a good match.<<<<<

I sure wish I knew why that spoiler button never works for me?

Last edited: Aug 30, 2021
    Karen likes this.
  8. Karen

I didn't read your spoiler Donna, but I'm wondering why the spoiler button doesn't work for you. When I used it, I type out everything I want to say and then I highlight the spoiler portion and then click the button. Is that how you were trying to use it?

9. Karen

But also... the changing stuff to white works too Donna! :) @djp332

djp332 likes this.
  10. djp332

Yes, exactly like that. Does being on a MAC make any difference?

11. Karen

I don’t know? I use a PC, so maybe that’s the difference. Or maybe even a browser thing?

12. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

Reading this one on an audio book from my library and I have to first say that it's difficult to follow alone on audio at times! LOL. All the transcripts are hard to follow.

But other than that I think it's a cute read. Not like what I normally read so it's been fun. I just got to the part where she [spoiler in white]:signed the contract for being the Main Squeeze. As someone who enjoyed The Bachelor and The Bachelorette at one point or another during my past, I think this should be fun!

I mostly read while driving when I'm doing audio books, and working from home prevents that at times, so we'll see how quickly I can get through it. LOL

Karen likes this.
  13. plumdumpling

plumdumpling CT - Krista Sahlin

I just finished this week. I listened on audio, and @tinkerbell1112 it was a little tricky to follow, but after I realized that the specifics of the social media posts, etc. didn't matter I just enjoyed them. Just a little pulse of how people are reacting to things. There is the one thread of the guy who took forever to turn in his bracket (Curtis, maybe, or Colin?!) I loved that one! But I cringed so many times at how cruel people were in their reactions. Ugh.

@djp332 I'm so surprised that you wanted her to hook up with Ray! I was completely against Ray from the beginning. I'm not sure why. I was happy enough with the ending, and I liked Asher best. I did appreciate her body positive messaging even if you could tell she still struggled with her body being in the public spotlight. Where is the balance, ha! I also loved the behind the door glimpse into "reality" tv shows. They totally have to be scripted, but this gave a great little look at how they could be manipulated. I enjoyed it overall!

Karen likes this.
  14. djp332

>>>>>Haha! I'm still a bit surprised that I said that, too! Maybe for old times sakes, but I was wrong in the end.<<<<<

Karen likes this.
  15. plumdumpling

plumdumpling CT - Krista Sahlin

16. tinkerbell1112

Karen and plumdumpling like this.
  17. tinkerbell1112

I agree >>>> that it was good Bea met the kids, or they may have never had an influence on Asher! <<<<

Karen likes this.
  18. tinkerbell1112

I finished this the other day and I have to say first that this is NOT anything like what I normally read. Firstly, I usually read historical fiction. Second, I don't usually read things with so much "action" if you get my drift. LOL

>>>> With that said, I really enjoyed the book. So much so that I buzzed through the audible book pretty quickly. I was glad she didn't end up with Ray. Starting a relationship with someone who has hurt you so many times just didn't seem to be the healthiest thing for her. I thought the lesson she learned about simply learning to lover herself was the best one of all! And turning down both in the end was the right decision! Not just because it allowed Asher to come in later, but I truly think she did it for the right reasons. Sam was great, and I adored him and for a while I actually was rooting for him...but I think the reasons she gave for not choosing him were spot on. All in all, I felt this was a great book on showing how difficult it is to date in general and why it's so important to love yourself first and be comfortable with yourself before you can ever move on and be in a healthy relationship! While not something I would have ever picked up on my own, I'm glad I read it! <<<<

Karen and plumdumpling like this.
  19. Karen

I just started this one last night. :agree

tinkerbell1112 likes this.
  20. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to