First Thing in the Morning | Pad Patter 9.9

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Sep 8, 2021.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

What's the first thing you do in the morning?

~~Oh, this isn't a riddle like open your eyes or anything~~

Me? Two options:
    1) I make sure the child is awake and moving for school.
    OR​
    2) I come downstairs, let the dog out and feed him.

It depends on if it's a weekend and if said child got himself up on his own.

Of course, once child is out the door, I sit down and play some Tetris. I love my Tetris.

2. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Last year we ( I ) decided to make a "coffee station ' on a small table in the bedroom.
    So first thing : Enjoy a cup of coffee in bed, let the day start slowly. Hubby reads a chapter or two,or does a sudoku. I read a bit,or check the Lily pad on the kindle. I might play a game (similar to Tetris LoL )
    Then we get up.

cfile and Cherylndesigns like this.
  3. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Let the cats out, check their food bowl, boil the kettle for tea and then climb back into bed with the tea and the phone.

4. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Get up, go to the bathroom, grab a bowl of cereal and pop back into bed for a bit. I usually wait until my mom has left for work before I truly start my day. I usually hop online for a bit on my phone....check facebook and instagram, my two email accounts and my job searching apps. To be honest I don't truly do too much until much later as my fatigue lifts, I'm usually most active mid afternoon through til about 9-10pm

5. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

deal with diabetes - making sure the kids are okay to start their day.

6. tanteva

tanteva Even the professionals are bewildered

7. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

If it's a weekday, probably cuss at the 5am alarm :giggle and head straight to the coffee!! Then I sit and visit here for a bit, skim the news, and hit the shower by 5:30.

8. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Bathroom so I don't pee my pants then let the dog out. Then brush my teeth/shower and get dressed. Then I plop down on my computer chair and check out the interwebs.

mcurtt likes this.
  9. LivyBug

LivyBug I should be considered yarned and dangerous.

Awful, but I immediately check my phone, Facebook, Instagram...the social media loop. Would love to establish a more peaceful wake up with reading. But I think I might fall back asleep lol

10. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

I drink a big glass of water ...

and then ... coffee, coffee and breakfast .... reading the newspaper, FB, IG ...

exception: the first day of the month check in on TLP: in bed with the ipad to reserve a place for my challenge layouts ...
    crazy ... but I like to be on the first page ... ...

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
  11. JenEm

JenEm Pollywog

Bathroom, coffee, running gear and head out the door to work out.:run

12. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

Monday-Friday: bathroom (pee, brush teeth and hair), feed the pup, take my meds, make bed, get dressed, head out the door to the office.

Saturday-Sunday: sleep in, bathroom (pee, brush teeth and hair), feed the pup, take my meds, make bed, get dressed, then piddle around the house doing chores.

13. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I go to the restroom first and then take the dog out for her morning constitutional. LOL

After that, I make sure Daniel is awake. I get dressed and then I'll read for a bit while I'm waiting on him.

14. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

First - coffee! Then DH and I sit in the living room and chat for about a half hour.

15. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I'm glad a few before me mentioned the bathroom because I wasn't sure how literal my answer should be. :giggle That's the only thing I consistently do first. In fact, I think I often wake up for that reason! Even before my alarm, a lot of the time.

After that, it depends. I wish I could always go out for my morning walk first thing, but sunrise is getting later and later now, so lately I've been reading Facebook or playing my phone games (Wordscapes, WordWow) while I wait for dawn before I head out. I think if find I no longer want to walk before I have to go to work in the cold months (I'll switch to afternoon walks) then the first thing I do will probably be my shower.

16. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

For the last 20 years, I take my thyroid medication first thing in the morning, and not less than half an hour later I can have breakfast.

17. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Throw on some clothes, take my allergy meds, and walk the dog. Usually the dog is rather impatient to go and often wakes me up.

18. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

Bathroom, then a bowl of fruit and coffee and read the paper.

19. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

Put on my glasses. I'm so nearsighted without them that I can't do anything! I sleep until 5:50 on week days, which is the last possible minute I can sleep until and still get the kids up on time for school. So as soon as my glasses are on and I've washed up I start waking them, making breakfasts, packing lunches, etc. The earliest leaves for school at 6:45 and the latest by 7:15, then I get myself ready for work.

20. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

This sounds like an amazing idea! I love that you have set it up to relax in your room first thing.

That sounds lovely!

Hey, knowing when you are most active is a great skill to have! I'm not a big morning person, but life demands it right now. I much prefer afternoons and evenings.

Ugh on the diabetes! :thumbsdowns Hopefully it's managed pretty well for you. Making sure kids are ready - I'm with you there!