Weddings | Pad Patter 9.5

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Sep 5, 2021.

1. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

That's my birthday. One year during the first class of my day, the teacher always said the date out loud at the beginning of the class. That day he went into a whole spiel about "That's a 10-4" because CB's and their lingo was quite popular at the time.

2. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

Well mine is coming up next yeae.year
    Honestly.... I knew I wanted to be married in early fall. And just went from there

10.08.22 was the first day the venue I wanted was open. Lol

3. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

We wanted a date in the Spring, any earlier was too soon and we didn't want to wait too long. There were 2 options for us when comparing the venue and the registrar vacancies. My cousin announced her wedding on one of those 2 dates, leaving us with the other.

4. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

First date was the 9th of July, Going steady was the 23rd of August, he proposed the 23rd of November and so we thought the 23rd would be a good choice as a wedding date. The following year had three (23rd on a Saturday), April, July and another. We chose April - the earliest and that was 33 years ago now.

5. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

My nephew also got married in 9-11. I actually asked him why and he said “To reclaim the day.”

rach3975 likes this.
  6. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

May 1, 1982. Mayday? lol. I think I originally wanted the week before, but the church wasn't available. I liked the May date better anyway. We'll be celebrating 40 years in 2022 with either a trip to Hawaii or a cruise up the Mississippi River. We can't decide which yet.

7. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

We went with a June wedding and picked a Saturday after my husband was done with college classes (he is a year younger than me). That was June 11. Well due to a mix-up, we were not legally married at our wedding in Michigan. When we got back to Kentucky we applied for a license, went on the honeymoon, and got legally married the following Monday, June 20. We celebrate the June 11 date and the only time we had to remember the June 20 date was when we requested a copy of our wedding license to adopt our daughter.

8. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

A few reasons picked a July wedding. It was almost exactly a year after he asked me to marry him. It would be in the middle of summer and in between semesters.

9. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

12/28/1979 - last Friday of the year (not very original but it has worked for all these years).

10. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

I was still in college when we got married. So, we chose a Saturday in between fall and spring semester. It wound up being December 18, 2004.

11. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

We originally wanted a summer wedding, but my hubby's sister was going to vet school in the Caribbean so we had to plan around her school breaks. We had to either pick late summer or end of April. We didn't want to wait until the end of summer, so we settled on April. :agree

12. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

My dad's work schedule was the reason for our date. . He used to work 3 weeks away, 3 weeks home at that time. So we picked a middle week in spring. 42 years ago.......Jesus.....

13. Mrsdudds

Mrsdudds Well-Known Member

I got married on 31.08.2019 it was random date to be honest. It was first Saturday in August that the church we wanted to get married in was available.

14. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Our anniversary is Oct 13th. We picked that day b/c our first date was on Friday the 13th, which many consider unlucky but for us it was a good thing, we married 2 yrs later and this yr will be our 24th anniversary.

15. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

April 10. We got engaged in February, and didn't want to wait too long!

16. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

April 10 - the venue was available, and it was pretty quick. We talked about marriage end of December, and he officially proposed in February. NOT Valentine's Day because I told him I'd say no if he asked that day. :rofl

Random Facts I learned after we scheduled the date:
    It was a Tuesday. This was great for me and my friends - all 18-20 somethings, who could get Tuesdays off much easier than weekends! Apparently, the real adults had a harder time. I didn't really care though since the ceremony was small, and just family. The reception was in the evening, and because of work it was an early night - everyone gone by 11pm!
    Tuesdays are cheaper for venues, cakes, decorations, photographers, all the wedding stuff. Wednesdays are a good day to fly with cheaper tickets.

However, this date ends up being finals/Spring Break quite often. This is not conducive to anniversary trips.

17. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

We got married the week after Dave finished college. He had a double major and had to go an extra summer. Our 52 wedding ❤️❤️❤️anniversary was August 17.

Memaw2Wm likes this.