currently loving {Sept edition} | Pad Patter 3 Sept

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bellbird, Sep 4, 2021.

1. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Is there something that made your week this week, or something that is making your Sept days, either early Spring or early Autumn, a bit brighter?
    [​IMG]
    Watching the Paralympics coverage this week and the little stories the commentary team have shared about individual competitors backgrounds and some of them in interviews themselves about how they've overcome adversity has been inspiring me this week.

Dalis, umyesh and Angela Toucan like this.
  2. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Yes! I got a new comforter, shams and bed shirt and they're making me SO happy!! Every time I look at them, I feel happy. I haven't splurged on anything like this for so long.

jk703, bellbird and Dalis like this.
  3. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

Our son-in-law planned our entire trip to the Grand Canyon and a few other national parks. We head out tomorrow. I feel like a kid; I get to just go and enjoy the trip. We haven’t traveled for two years so we are really looking forward to it.:yippee

4. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew :)

I'm not a fan of Pumpkin Spice Lattes...way to sweet for me...but the cold brew is perfect.

bellbird and Dalis like this.
  5. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I bought myself grapefruit scented soap and I love it!

jk703, bellbird and Dalis like this.
  6. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I bought grapefruit GREEN (environmental) all type cleaners and I am 100% in love with it.

bellbird and umyesh like this.
  7. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Best scent ever!!!

bellbird and Dalis like this.
  8. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

YES!!!!!!!! 100% I love grapefruit scent and this is done w/ grapefruit oil so it stays!!!! My house smelled so nice!

umyesh and bellbird like this.
  9. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

For the past month, Sirius XM was having an "I Love Lucy!" channel where they played interviews of famous stars of the day from 1964 with Lucy. I felt so happy, warm, and safe listening to them - it was like all the cares of the world today disappeared just for a moment!

Then today I found out that it was just a short run series. I was so disappointed because I missed the Cary Grant and Bob Hope interviews. I really hope they do it again. It felt so nice to hear a lady talking about being a lady, and loving her husband, making a home while having a career, raising kids - I dunno - it just felt so comforting. There's so much fighting and angst in our lives right now. I guess I just really relished the quaint 50s feel, ya know?

This was it:
    https://blog.siriusxm.com/revisit-l...th-frank-sinatra-carol-burnett-bob-hope-more/

Oh my gosh - they actually have a few of them on iTunes podcast!!!!
    https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/lets-talk-to-lucy/id1579178174

Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
    bellbird likes this.
  10. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Currently loving...peanut butter/banana on toasted sprouted wheat, long walks at the dog friendly park, cooler temps, binge watching "Mom", sleeping in an extra 10 minutes (doesn't seem like much but after months of the pup waking me at 6:15, I am taking this as a win and look forward to the day when I might get to sleep in until 7 (but probably won't happen) and really loving the bunch of flannel shirts I bought to lounge around in and are so soft and warm.

bellbird likes this.
  11. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

College football is back in full force!

So far so good for teams I follow, all winning their first games.

bellbird likes this.
  12. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

I'm a preschool teacher, and my school stayed all virtual last year. I subbed in the public schools and produced distance learning content for my school, but neither one was the same as having my own class there in the classroom. We're about to re-open in person, so I've spent the last week setting up my classroom and starting to meet my new kids!

bellbird likes this.
  13. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Couldn’t agree more, it’s been one of the few things keeping me going during our COVID outbreak.

bellbird likes this.
  14. tanteva

tanteva Even the professionals are bewildered

ABBA releasing new music. I don't think I've talked about much else this week. This is magic!

bellbird likes this.
  15. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I've discovered that my hair is getting a little bit healthier (though not growing back yet) and if I use this kind of ion spray (?) that I've had for several months, it makes it look curly again and lasts most of the day (or until I sleep on it).

16. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I'm pretty stoked about the cooler temperatures this week... I can bust out my hoodies! YAHOO!!!!

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
  17. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Oh ya...me too! I have been sorting through them and looking forward to wearing them (I have a bit of an obsession with them and have a lot LOL). We had a heat wave yesterday so no hoodie but today is perfect weather for a t-shirt and hoodie. I just got a few new hoodies yesterday and a new jean jacket too (my other fave fall attire).

Karen likes this.
  18. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I’m also currently loving the fact employers are still hiring in this lockdown. In March-April 2020 it totally stopped so for me to have two interviews this week is something I’m currently loving and not taking for granted at all.

19. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Went on a long walk with my daughter on Sunday. It was so beautiful out. You could feel fall in the air.

Also been enjoying sitting on my porch under our string of lights. It's so beautiful in the evenings.

Also bought a fall scented candle!

20. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I knew you were good people. I too have a big collection of hoodies. I'd wear them every day of my life if the weather was right! :giggle