September Journaling Challenge

Discussion in 'September 2021 Challenges' started by jk703, Aug 30, 2021.

1. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Hi Everyone! Hoping you are all doing well, life is being kind and so are people! This month's journaling challenge is a little different. But, different can be fun!

For September's Journaling Challenge: You must journal about something fun or chaotic that is happening in your photo, BUT you wouldn't know that without the journaling to explain. Minimum 3 sentences and one photo (old or new).

For my page, I am continuing my Reidlbauers Album of hiking, waterfalls, friends and the great outdoors. These pictures are actually showing the boys looking for frogs (2 on the right, top one mostly). What you wouldn't know is that these boys are squealing, and yelling all while trying to catch one.

We had a good giggle listening to teen boys squealing and the chaotic yelling when a catch was underway. Needless to say, I have no image of a frog.... since one was never actually caught! Ha!

[​IMG]

I can't wait to see what you create, and the stories that I get to read!

Remember our monthly challenge rules:

Your page must contain at least 75% Lilypad product. Your page should be posted to the Lilypad Gallery and then linked to the September Challenge Layouts thread so it can be tracked, and to this thread.

The Lilypad uses a percent system for our challenges; the number of challenges you participate in determines the store discount you will receive at the end of the month:

2 challenges = 10% off
    4 challenges = 20% off
    6 challenges = 30% off

If you complete 7 challenges, you will receive a coupon for 30% off, plus you will be entered to win a $50 gift certificate from the Lilypad! The first seven challenges will be posted on the first of the month; the eighth challenge is the BYOC challenge, which is posted on BYOC release day. Each page counts for one challenge (you cannot use one layout for multiple challenges).

lulyg14, Ferdy, Angela Toucan and 4 others like this.
  2. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I love this idea Jenn! A lot of time the photos can't tell the whole story. Thanks for the inspiration!
    [​IMG]
    My journaling: "What you see is some people walking
    and some people running. What you don't see
    is that the girl in front, my girl in front, is running faster than she ever has! And she didn't even have to! The losing team had to run around the goal post and back, but the winning team decided to run it with them. That's my girl! Making me proud."

jk703 likes this.
  3. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

4. jam-on-toast

jam-on-toast Well-Known Member

Oh... telling stories behind photos is so up my alley... here's my entry... journaling might be a bit difficult to read, but full text can be found in the gallery.

[​IMG]

5. easyeyes4you

easyeyes4you Well-Known Member

Hi again! This was go9ing to be the hardest challenge, so surprisingly I attacked it first... I went through all my recent photos and pulled a few, but really wanted something funny... Then I saw this video clip and decided it was the best choice... So it is my first challenge this month!!!!

After noting some disturbances in the yard. I decided to go back through the videos of the backyard camera... Was stunned to find these images a dance that went on for a couple of minutes on my y little patch of grass.... We finally determined it could only be Raccoons playing.... Just beyond the lit up area is a steep hillside that goes down to a creek, so they are frequent visitors to my yard. although not as much so since I installed the lighting an leave it on all night.

[​IMG]

6. Scrap by Irre

Scrap by Irre Well-Known Member

7. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

I made a page!!!! early even!!!!! LOL here you go, I think it fits!!!!! explained the journaling in the gallery - LOVE YOU!!!!!!! @jk703
    [​IMG]

8. trekmom

trekmom Well-Known Member

9. Electra

Electra Shutterbug

I love your sample LO. And what a creative and fun challenge!
    [​IMG]

wvsandy likes this.
  10. zinzilah

zinzilah One step at a time

11. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

12. DivaMom96

DivaMom96 Well-Known Member

@jk703 - I hope this qualifies.
    [​IMG]

Journaling: Journaling: Ah! A glass of red wine after a long day. But what you can’t tell from this photograph is that my long day was a day full of worship and joy.
    When I left for vacation in July, it never occurred to me that by the time of my return, all of our plans for Rosh Hashanah would have changed. Who knew that the Delta variant would have taken over Florida? Who knew that all of a sudden, our plans for choir, a full congregation and live bimah honors would be impossible? Yet, that’s exactly what happened. We were thrown into a frenzy of replanning, reexamining and reimagining our Holiday plans.
    Now, five weeks later, at the end of Rosh Hashanah day, I lift a glass of wine to toast a day of celebration and success! And above all, a toast to the One who gave us the gifts of inspiration, tenacity and faith to make it all happen.
    Shanah Tovah 5782!

trekmom likes this.
  13. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

Here's my journaling
    [​IMG]

trekmom likes this.
  14. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

What a fun challenge. I had the perfect picture for this one!

[​IMG]

wvsandy and trekmom like this.
  15. Mingo08

Mingo08 Ctrl+Z is my friend

Ironically, I recently took a photo with the intent to scrap this story - then forgot! I found the photo today when cleaning up my hard drive and decided to scrap while inspiration and photo were in the same brain cell. LOL!

[​IMG]

16. vixen

vixen Pink Parrot Head

17. NewE Designz

NewE Designz New Member

This is a double page layout.
    [​IMG]
    It goes along with this
    [​IMG]

trekmom likes this.
  18. meterr

meterr I've got ICE in my veins!

Journaling reads: I asked Stori to pose for a picture.
    She had bumped her arm and was acting mopey.
    I took a picture anyway, hoping she would
    forget her arm. Elijah, her teenaged uncle,
    stood in the background complaining
    of the bugs flying nearby. A bug buzzed very close to his face and he
    screamed loudly "Why are bugs focusing on
    my face and trying to kill me?" He waved his arms
    and ran around with crazy eyes. He was being
    Mr. Drama and it made Stori burst out laughing!

[​IMG]

trekmom likes this.
  19. AnotherAmanda

AnotherAmanda Well-Known Member

20. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...