September Scraplift Challenge

Discussion in 'September 2021 Challenges' started by cfile, Aug 28, 2021.

1. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

It is September!!! Gosh this year is really flying by! I love September as Summer winds down and it starts to bring cooler temperatures (70 F would be my ideal year round temp!). Another added perk is at the end of the month it will be the beginning of Fall!!! I love fall when all the leaves change so September being here makes me smile! Along with a new month, is a new month of challenges!!!

I am honored to host the Scraplift challenge this month, and thought it would be fun to scraplift our Guest Pollys for August & September - Cheryl @Cherylndesigns and Hanna @Vrielinkie! The challenge is real simple- check out Cheryl's fun gallery here and Hana's fun gallery here and choose a page from one of their galleries to scraplift. I will say, it is going to be hard to choose just one page to scraplift, as there are plenty of gorgeous pages to pick from!!!

Here is the page I chose from Hanna's Gallery.. I saw her Explore page with all the white space, the masked b/w images and word art and it reminded me of my London trip and photos:
    [​IMG]
    And here is mine.. I did it close to Hanna's as I really loved the black and white photos with the re use of the wonderful template of Rachel's and accenting it with the great word art EXPLORE of Soco's, as that is exactly what we did!

20210901scaplifthanna.jpg

Remember our monthly challenge rules:

Your page must contain at least 75% Lilypad product. Your page should be posted to the Lilypad Gallery and then linked to the September Challenge Layouts thread so it can be tracked, and to this thread.

The Lilypad uses a percent system for our challenges; the number of challenges you participate in determines the store discount you will receive at the end of the month:

2 challenges = 10% off
    4 challenges = 20% off
    6 challenges = 30% off

If you complete 7 challenges, you will receive a coupon for 30% off, plus you will be entered to win a $50 gift certificate from the Lilypad! The first seven challenges will be posted on the first of the month; the eighth challenge is the BYOC challenge, which is posted on BYOC release day. Each page counts for one challenge (you cannot use one layout for multiple challenges).

I can't wait to see which page of Cheryl's or Hanna's you will lift, and hope their beautiful galleries inspire you!

Last edited: Sep 1, 2021
  2. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I am choosing this one by cherylndesigns,

[​IMG]

My take:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 3, 2021
    Cherylndesigns, cfile and trekmom like this.
  3. easyeyes4you

easyeyes4you Well-Known Member

Love the sample page... but the location really threw me... CA is California, and I knew Vancouver was not in California it is in Canada, or WA... I do not believe Canada gets shortened to CA... perhaps she might want to change that...? Actually I believe the correct shortened version is B.C. for British Columbia. Probably not the right place to post this comment if you think I am inappropriate you may remove this message.

4. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I think it can be used in any way for her album; her personal choice. :) I know I refer to some places differently than others.

From what I found, CA is the two letter abbreviated version of Canada. CAN is the three letter version. CA is for a US state... no relation to the Canadian city. Whether she wanted to separate CA versus BC would also be another personal choice.

FL-Karen, Vrielinkie and cfile like this.
  5. zinzilah

zinzilah One step at a time

Hanna's pretty page
    [​IMG]
    and mine
    [​IMG]

cfile, trekmom and Vrielinkie like this.
  6. Vrielinkie

Vrielinkie Rub-a-Dub-Dub

@cfile, how did I not know this?! I'm sooo surprised and REALLY excited!! Wow, this is sooooo cool, sorry geeking out here. You're the best, Christa! :cheer :beat :blush :circles

Are you excited too, @Cherylndesigns?!

7. cfile

You are adorable :)

Vrielinkie likes this.
  8. cfile

thanks Jenn!

jk703 and Vrielinkie like this.
  9. Vrielinkie

Vrielinkie Rub-a-Dub-Dub

@easyeyes4you I learned here (Europe) that CA is short for Canada, at least internationally. That's why I use(d) it that way :innocent

katell, cfile and jk703 like this.
  10. trekmom

trekmom Well-Known Member

11. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

So many good choices but because at heart I love clean and simple I chose this layout from Hannah's gallery to scraplift:
    [​IMG]

And here is my layout:
    [​IMG]

12. Lor

Lor you've always had the power, my dear

Oh gosh... deciding on which amazing scrap to lift, always so hard. I chose to go with this one by Cynthia, because I was drawn towards the template she used and I wanted to try my hand at it:

[​IMG]

and here be mine:

[​IMG]

13. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

I lifted this sweet LO from Hanna.
    [​IMG]
    Here's mine.
    [​IMG]

trekmom, cfile and Vrielinkie like this.
  14. caapmun

caapmun Well-Known Member

I'm going to lift this layout by Hanna
    [​IMG]
    and here's mine.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 2, 2021
  15. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

I'm going to scraplift this one from @Cherylndesigns
    [​IMG]

Here's mine ( I went with all green)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 2, 2021
    trekmom and cfile like this.
  16. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

I'm going to lift this layout by Hanna
    [​IMG]

my page

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 3, 2021
    cfile likes this.
  17. easyeyes4you

Thanks for your input, having lived not too far from Vancouver BC for half my life and now in CA. it just really popped out at me... But as you say, it is certainly her choice... just thought she might not have realized the confusion she might have caused.. anyone not as close as I am , would not even know... I know I would have wanted to know if it were my page... I cringe when someone points out a typo that slipped past me, and correct it if at all possible... again, thanks, and please know I did not mean to offend anyone....

18. KayTeaPea

KayTeaPea I carried a watermelon

I loved this page from Hana and chose to scraplift it:
    [​IMG]

Here is my page:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
    trekmom, cfile, meterr and 1 other person like this.
  19. easyeyes4you

@Vrielinkie Hey...thanks for jumping in here.. .was not sure if you would see it. I of course had no idea where you were located... being in Europe I can understand our different perspectives, but I think that was part of why I mentioned it... agreed that politically it is correct, but still a head jerk for those of us that live in the area... So I am headed back to look at that page... I may choose it to lift... I gather you got to visit there? Since I have lived so close my whole life, I have to say, I have never been to Vancouver BC... Always wanted to go to the gardens there... Other places were more important maybe one day yet... Should put it on my bucket list!!!!

Vrielinkie likes this.
  20. Electra

Electra Shutterbug

LOVED this scraplift, thank you Christa!!!
    I chose Cheryl's beauty:
    [​IMG]
    and my version is very different, but I honestly did start with a plan....
    [​IMG]