An Interesting Book on Amazon First Reads, Ends Today.

Discussion in 'Reading Pad' started by jk703, Aug 31, 2021.

1. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Interesting Book.... These Toxic Things....
    I think it ends today, and I grabbed it. It's free for Prime members.

The summary had me intrigued, especially with our background! I chose this one of the 10 or so books!

A dead woman’s cherished trinkets become pieces to a terrifying puzzle.

Mickie Lambert creates “digital scrapbooks” for clients, ensuring that precious souvenirs aren’t forgotten or lost. When her latest client, Nadia Denham, a curio shop owner, dies from an apparent suicide, Mickie honors the old woman’s last wish and begins curating her peculiar objets d’art. A music box, a hair clip, a key chain—twelve mementos in all that must have meant so much to Nadia, who collected them on her flea market scavenges across the country.

But these tokens mean a lot to someone else, too. Mickie has been receiving threatening messages to leave Nadia’s past alone.

It’s becoming a mystery Mickie is driven to solve. Who once owned these odd treasures? How did Nadia really come to possess them? Discovering the truth means crossing paths with a long-dormant serial killer and navigating the secrets of a sinister past. One that might, Mickie fears, be inescapably entwined with her own.

SeattleSheri likes this.
  2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I saw that one too and the "digital scrapbooks" part jumped out at me too! In the end I didn't grab that one. I think because I checked the ratings of all of them on Goodreads and this one was rated lower than the one I picked. I would be interested in hearing if anyone reads this one though!

jk703 likes this.
  3. norton94

norton94 Thank goodness I'm still a Well-Known Member

Ha! I didn’t grab that one either… I totally missed the synopsis because I watched the reviews too. But I think I might just spend the 4.99 to test it out given the topic. Too crazy!

Karen and jk703 like this.
  4. plumdumpling

plumdumpling CT - Krista Sahlin

Interesting! I'm going to give it a try. Thanks for the heads up.

norton94, Karen and jk703 like this.
  5. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

I just downloaded it! =) Thanks for the link

norton94, Karen and jk703 like this.
  6. jk703

Lol, wait to see if one of us liked it! :P

norton94, Karen and plumdumpling like this.
  7. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I ended up choosing Constance for this month. I'm interested to see what y'all think about it!

8. Karen

That's the one I picked too! :agree

9. jk703

This makes me wonder if we can loan out kindle books, and then share them later if we liked on that we didn't choose!

10. Karen

WAY back when I first got my kindle there was a way to loan out a book for two weeks, but you could only loan it out once and you couldn't read it while it was loaned out. I only did it once for my Mom and then never did again, so I don't even know if that's still a thing.

jk703 likes this.
  11. jk703

I only found this.... no listing of limits and it seems sent via email. I can add books to a family library but don't know how to do that. I may try for one of my boys, school type monthly readings.

Digital Services and Device SupportKindle Content Help
    Manage Your Content and Devices and locate the title you'd like to loan.
    • Select the Actions button then select Loan this title on your eligible title.
    • Enter the recipient's personal email address and optional message then select Send.
    • Select Send now and a book loan notification is sent to the recipient.
    Loans not accepted within seven days become available again in your content library.

Also, from reading under product details... enabled has to be available. This seems to be key.
    book.png

Karen likes this.
  12. Karen

Cool! Thanks for digging into this!

jk703 likes this.