Projects | Pad Patter 8.25

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Aug 25, 2021.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Right now, I have a large project piled next to my desk. My mother in law brought a ton of photos and things she wants scanned or photographed before she lets it go. It's distracting and annoying, but that hasn't encouraged me to get it done yet. :giggle Probably because it's just enough out of sight when I'm at the computer. But it got me thinking about all the projects I have going on in my head - not necessarily in real life. I need to get at least one finished!

Anyone else working on projects? Maybe Christmas presents? What is one project you'd like to finish in the next few months?

umyesh likes this.
  2. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

A small project I need to get done today is to fix the insert for our soccer gear hauling wagon. A bigger project I want to get done is making a collage wall of my scrap pages. Now that they’re both in writing maybe I’ll get them done! Good luck with your scanning project!

Karen likes this.
  3. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

2013 Disneyland trip. I've started the darn thing twice already and haven't been happy with the results after a few pages. I'm trying to have a consistent simple theme to the pages. Am now working on a third simple theme that I scraplifted. Have the foundation pages figured out and templates made, now I need to choose a template, add photos, journaling, and embellishments.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2021
    bestcee and Karen like this.
  4. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I always have 80 jillion projects going at any one time. Some are in my head as projects I want to do and some are started, but not finished and some I've purchased stuff for that project, but haven't started yet. I did make a TON of progress this year on a bunch of art project and classes that I'd started, but hadn't finished. I finished one massive art journal that I started in 2015 I think? That was super satisfying!! I have that one sitting on our living room coffee table. I also finished a painting that I was asked to make about 3 years ago for a friend of mine and I finished that over 4th of July weekend. I have a couple of other art/painting classes that I've purchased but haven't completed too. I told myself I'm not allowed to sign up for any more new classes until I finished ALL of the ones I've already started. :giggle

For some reason the house projects I start, I go ahead and finish right away, but my creative endeavors always get pushed to the side for other life stuff. Hmmmm...

bestcee likes this.
  5. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I've got a project that I came upon accidentally sitting on the table next to my desk. Been there for over 6 weeks. I was looking for a specific photo (don't even remember why) but came across some photos that I realized may not have been scanned. So I started going through my digital files to see. Found a few and scanned them. Then I decided that I should go through some more of my envelopes to see what hasn't been scanned. All of these are photos that are for people and not tied to specific events and many are from over 50 years ago.

Project got interrupted when I found out I'd be hosting a family gathering at my house 6 days later so things had to be done (like washing curtains/windows in the main rooms). Following that gathering I had a get together with 3 classmates here at the house 5 days later.

I haven't felt like getting back to that project so the scanning is still waiting to happen. I've also been spending time watching lesson videos on PSP that I'm paying for so I need to do that so I don't feel my money has been wasted. Some day I'll pick up the photos and continue.

6. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

there are far too many WIPs in my house. The usual question is how long does it take for a WIP (work in progress) to officially became a UFO (unfinished object)?

bellbird, rach3975 and Memaw2Wm like this.
  7. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

If it's a house project or something sitting around I tend to get it done as quickly as possible. I don't like things just sitting around.

I do have a couple of scrapbooks I'm working on and would like to finish but since they are on my computer they aren't in my visual...and plus it's sort of a hobby so it's usually put off until I have extra time which doesn't happen often.

The main one I would like to finish is my daughter's graduation album. I only have about 6 pages left. My goal now is to get it done by Christmas.

8. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

I have soooo many projects in my head, but I don't count them as actual projects until I start working on them or buy supplies for them. I know I'm very prone to leaving things undone, so I have a lot of rules for myself about finishing 1 thing before I start another. (Doesn't mean I don't abandon some, but this helps me complete the ones I truly want to complete.) Here's my list right now.

Scrapping--Photobook of January to June 2020, learning to use Lightroom because I'm starting to shoot in RAW sometimes
    Crafty--Making pens (Bought a new batch of pen blanks to make glitter pens. I'll probably do them this weekend.), Crocheting a basket (I only work on this when we have a family movie day, so no rush on finishing)
    House--Sewing a floor pillow and organizer (these 2 are probably going to end up abandoned since I just haven't felt like sewing lately), Organizing bags worth of childhood "stuff" we brought back from my parents' house

bestcee likes this.
  9. bestcee

I look forward to seeing this! I have a wall that I'm debating on how to fill.

I feel you! Trips are always so hard for me, and I hate that I don't get them done. I have a disneyland, 2 Disney World, and a Legoland trip waiting along with our 3 week vacation trip. Ugh.

Wahoo! Way to go!

10. bestcee

I have so many classes I've bought, started, and not finished. I really need to work on those too. I love that you aren't buying any more until you finish what you have.

Totally get that! Yeah for having people visit!!

Oooo Good question! I have no idea what the answer is. For me? Probably when I throw out the pieces for it.

11. bestcee

You can do it!!

This sounds so cool! Do you make a lot of pens?

12. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

I used to buy them pre-made from Etsy, then last year I bought them unfilled and tried making them myself. It's so easy--mix whatever glitter colors and shapes you want, fill the top section of the pen with the glitter and baby oil, then glue the stopper in. Enough of last year's have gotten lost or are looking worn that it's time for another set. This time I bought about 5 pen blanks for me and 1 for my 12 year old. We made a bunch with her friends last year, too.

bestcee likes this.
  13. bestcee

@rach3975 I didn't even know they sold pen blanks!

14. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

No projects….just trying to get through each day at the moment.

bestcee likes this.
  15. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I bought a notebook and a pen to try some bible journaling. That notebook has been on the kitchen table for a week already. I have watched a number of videos but not taken the plunge as yet.

bestcee likes this.
  16. CharlotteM

CharlotteM Well-Known Member

I've planned a lot, but at the moment there is only one project for me: to learn and practice real Art Journaling, for weeks I've been watching YouTube videos, reading tips, and I've ordered some new things, such as Gelli-Plate, colors , Stencils and much more

bestcee likes this.
  17. tanteva

tanteva Even the professionals are bewildered

I don't want to talk about this but my most urgent project is to get this effing house clean. Been so lazy last few months, and it's really showing. Divided the house in to zones, and made a 2 week schedule to work my way through the house. I'm the worst house wife in history. LOL

I want FUN projects - like scrapping, knitting and reading. LOL

18. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

My house is a PIT. Of course I tend to let the inside go during the summer b/c I'm having to deal with the yard ... or at least that's my excuse. Really, really need to scrub the bsthtub this coming weekend ... it is soooo groody. Yuck. I was better at scrubbing it when the grandkids were little and took baths. Now everyone showers so I tend to let it go.

tanteva likes this.
  19. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

20. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I'll pull out my in-progress cross stitch project either this weekend or next week. I tend to stitch more in the fall as I do it when I'm watching football or other movies. I don't know why I end up watching more TV in the fall/winter. I hibernate in the summer so I'm always inside anyway???

I want to use my Happy Planner more consistently. It's been hit or miss since I got my new one earlier this month.

I need to have a good clean-out of my home decorations. I love being able to switch things out to freshen up my space, but I'm just feeling the need for more clean surfaces.

Speaking of clean . . . well, no, my house is NOT clean but I'm having a bout of back pain and it will get done when it gets done.

bestcee likes this.