Aug 2021 Monthly Muse Week 4 - The Full Moon

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by ArmyGrl, Aug 23, 2021.

1. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

Welcome to Week 4 of the August Muse!

This week is brought to you by the August full moon, The Sturgeon Moon, a blue moon.
    1 Pic.jpg

In the month of August, we’ve taken you on a journey of self-reflection in concert with the phases of the moon.

2 Pic.jpg
    Photo source: Moonly App

August 3rd kicked off with a waning moon – a time to clean spaces and people; a time to get rid of bad habits and thoughts.

August 10th led us into the new moon and dark skies. After that period of letting go, the new moon is hallmarked by the prospects of new beginnings; a blank canvas, so to speak, full of possibilities.

August 17th. The moon slowly reveals itself…a glimmer of light in the night sky. As we enter the waxing moon, we are encouraged to dream, to make wishes, to listen to those inner most desires and allow intuition to guide us. ​

August 24th – Week 4

This week we celebrate the full moon, a blue moon, which revealed itself on 22 August. A blue moon usually indicates the second full moon to occur in a month. But, this moon was “blue” because there are four moons this season. When there are four moons in a season, the third full moon is the “blue moon.”
    So yes, the August full moon, The Sturgeon moon, is a blue moon.
    Now that we are in full power, shining so bright in the sky, it is time to give thanks.​

Week 4 Idea sparks:

Can I just have one more moondance with you my love?

The moon, Luna, is the female complement of Sol, the sun.

Luna, the moon, from which the word lunatic is derived; the belief that the moon phases affect human mood, character, and sanity. I speak for self, but I do not sleep as well during the period of the full, bright moon. Werewolf? I think not.

The moon cycle is 29.5 days. The average female menstrual cycle is 28 days: almost in concert with the moon cycle. Hee, hee…maybe that’s the true origin of the word lunatic???

Giving thanks.

Blue moon.

Sturgeon Moon.

Challenge Requirements:

1. For the Monthly Muse, you may create any style of layout (ie. clean and simple, artsy, pocket style etc.), with or without a photo. Create any size page you wish. The Art Muse is for everyone; have FUN!

2. You can use any products in The Lily Pad store or retired products from current Lily Pad designers, (just make sure you follow our gallery guidelines).

3. Please post your layout to the Art Journaling Gallery HERE by Midnight, 31 August 2021 and post your layout in this thread by copying the "Share BB Code" to the right of your gallery image.

Each post, up to four total, regardless of the week posted in the month of July earns you one chance to win a $5 coupon to the TLP store. Thus,​

1 Muse = 1 chance to win
    2 Muses = 2 chances to win
    3 Muses = 3 chances to win
    4 Muses = 4 chances to win

As always, this week’s muse is up for interpretation. All that I ask is you reflect on Luna, the full moon, the blue moon – and be thankful for your blessings.

G.J., Ga_L, Angela Toucan and 2 others like this.
  2. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

So excited to have taken some really good shots of the full 'blue' moon the other night down here in Tassie so thinking I will do a page with one of those!! Thanks Lisa for another great challenge! :)

3. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Last edited: Aug 24, 2021
    ArmyGrl likes this.
  4. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

According to the weather app, our moon is full. I didn't take this picture this time, but took it back in March when I had a perfect spot to lean up against the front of the house. I'm a moon watcher. Here's my page and thanks for another wonderful month of muses.

[​IMG]

5. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

my week four. Thanks for the challenges, I enjoyed going back to making skinnies, I think it is my favourite to AJ, and this months challenges were perfect for it.
    [​IMG]

marijke likes this.
  6. ArmyGrl

Coming back with my completed mixed media pocket page

[​IMG]

7. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Well, my journaling for week 4 isn't the best, but I was able to finish off the month with the skinny template. Overall, I like what I see. I did desaturate my photo for week 1 (this week) as it wasn't blending in as well when all was said & done.

[​IMG]

8. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

9. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

Thinking f the full moon I was reminded of a full circle, and also of the craters on it so was thinking of a patchwork. Then I saw one of the kits that Just Jamie has in the SOSN today, and created this.
    [​IMG]

10. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

11. Pups_r_Paps

Pups_r_Paps Well-Known Member

12. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

13. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

thank you so much for this month challenge

here's my full page for the full moon, just perfect timing

[​IMG]

14. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

Another great month of art journaling - thanks to all
    [​IMG]

15. G.J.

G.J. If I Could Turn Back Time

I just LOVED this month's theme, I'm a real sky lover (a nature lover too, lol), I mean I've been always interested in planets, stars, and I love the moon and its phases. Moondance is once of my favorite songs,thank you so much for sharing. Now off to scrap my page, have a wonderful weekend dear Lisa

ArmyGrl likes this.
  16. G.J.

G.J. If I Could Turn Back Time

I used a quote that I love, and I thought goes perfect "On full moon day, when you look at the moon your breath becomes musical (..)". I have found I become more inspired during full moon. Here's my page, full credits in gallery, once again thanks for the inspiration and for helping me to create some beautiful layouts. Nice weekend and a fantabulous month of September!
    [​IMG]

17. ArmyGrl

Woo-hoo! I love new music; and that was new to me. Much love for what Bruno Mars has done for pop. And what a cool video too! Thanks for the share!

18. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

Sneaking In On The Last Day!...I Was So Swamped! With Life!,Work & Health Issues!...That I Couldn't Find Enough Time To Do These Wonderful! "Phases Of The Moon" Challenges!...But I Had A Specific Pic! & Layout In Mind For The "Full Moon"...I'm Definitely A "Full Moon" Girl!...Everything Whole! Full! Of Light! Love! & Life!...The Full Circle Moon...[As It Is Sometimes Called...]...Is Just That!...The August Moon!...I Was Born Under The Sign Of LEO For August!...So This Seems Fitting!...The Moon Of Life!...The Full Circle Of Life!...Goes Round & Round!...It Glows! With All The Possibilities!...For The Coming! NEW! Season! Of Fall!...Moving Into The Harvest Moon!...This Is A Moon Of Love! Kindness! Gratitude! Possibilities! Strength! In Self!...In Life!...Be Brave! & Move Forward!..."MOVE" Forward!...Movement Is The Primary Focus In All Of My Layouts!...See???...Perfect!...Me:Leo:Full Moon:Movement: Life:Love:Kindness:Strength:Bravery:...Thank You! For This Awesome! Challenge!...I Only Wish I Could Have Done The Rest!...But For Me!...This Was Definitely The Most Important! One Personally!!!...:bk...

*For My Moonlit Soul Layout- I Used A Lot Of Rachel Jefferies Products...[Seems Like The Norm This Month-For Rachel's Birthday!...]...Full Credit List In My Gallery

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
  19. ArmyGrl

August was a fantastic month and officially closed! Thanks to all for joining us!

The winner of the random draw is posted here.