Aug 2021 Monthly Muse Challenge - Week 2

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by wombat146, Aug 10, 2021.

1. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

a-total-solar-eclipse-1113799_1280.jpg

This month we are going to be exploring the Moon Phases.
    I have week two which will be the New Moon.​

Hi everyone and welcome to this week's challenge which is about the New Moon.

During the new moon, the enlightened face of the moon remains hidden and it signifies the start of the new moon cycle. For many people, religions and different cultures it is believed to be a time of new beginnings and fresh starts, a time to manifest the things you want in your life, in both the near and distant future. It is a time to meditate on how we can improve or strengthen our own spiritual connections within our world and let the energy of this moon guide us towards a fresh start or new beginning, not only for ourselves but for those we love and for the highest good of all.

It is a time to examine and perhaps redefine our life plans: what do we want out of life; what are we needing more of, or less of, in our lives, both in a spiritual and practical way. During this thought process it helps to write these wishes of the heart and any intentions we may have about how we might like to start our new beginning. You can write it down in a journal, or else write it down on your layout and incorporate it with your art.

Your challenge this week is to contemplate those things that you would like to see more or less of and create your layout in line with the moon theme for this month. It can be as simple or as in-depth as you like. If your intentions are personal and you would prefer to keep them private, you can always incorporate your writing within your art by hiding it. YOU will know that it is there and what it means to you, that is the most important part! :)

In the layout I created for this challenge I wrote down my own thoughts and intentions and then hid them within the layers of papers I used create my new moon. But basically I am wishing to find some sort of balance in my life with my digital and hands on art journaling, I need to start mapping out certain times for doing these things so I don't keep feeling guilty about not getting the housekeeping done! LOL! There was also some personal stuff as well that I need to start on. :) I wanted to keep my page pretty basic and free of any other symbols so I just went with the background sky and the new moon itself I (which incorporates my writings) and a simple label to finish it off.

12X12 AJ - NEW MOON 800.jpg
    Credits are in the gallery.

Challenge for Week 2: Create a layout about: - the things you would like to change or a new beginning of some sort. As mentioned, any journaling can be hidden if it is personal or private.

You may create any style of layout (ie. clean and simple, artsy, pocket style etc.) you wish, with or without a photo. Create any size page you wish. This is for everyone, so have fun and see where the inspiration takes you.

Please post your layout to the Art Journaling Gallery HERE prior to August 31, 2021 and then post it in this thread by copying the code (at the right of your gallery image) from the box under "Share BB Code".

We will draw a winner at the beginning of next month for a coupon!! Every layout you create is equal to one entry in the random draw. So if you create 1 layout you are entered once, if you create 4 layouts you are entered 4 times. :)

You can use any products in The Lilypad store or retired products from current Lilypad designers, (just make sure you follow our gallery guidelines).

Looking forward to seeing what you gals come up with this week! :bk

Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
    Smwhite, Ga_L, AJK and 4 others like this.
  2. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

3. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

4. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

5. wombat146

Brilliant pages so far and all so very unique which I love!! :circles:yourock

@Janisn Jan I was in the gallery when you uploaded your page and I knew in an instant that it was for this challenge, fabulous work!!! :woot

Nemla likes this.
  6. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

7. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

8. Pups_r_Paps

Pups_r_Paps Well-Known Member

9. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

thank you for the Muse, My inspiration was the idea of the moon being hidden.
    [​IMG]

Smwhite likes this.
  10. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

I'm using this month's moon prompt to dig in deep. I needed to purge anyways - and I need to redefine, or hone in, who it is I want to be in this next phase of life. Then, I need to figure out what steps I have to take to get there. I decided to go with a pocket page . . . I'll be able to add the waxing and full moon phases.

[​IMG]

Smwhite likes this.
  11. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

here's my take for the week 2

[​IMG]

thank you for the challenge

Smwhite likes this.
  12. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Hoping I'm not being particularly morbid:

[​IMG]

Smwhite likes this.
  13. wombat146

:cloud9:beat:grouphug loving all of these layouts!!! :wub

14. Smwhite

Smwhite Well-Known Member

Thanks for the challenge Ona... a great continuation of the first week!
    AJ-Week-2-web.jpg

15. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Thanks again for the challenge and inspiration! Here’s my take:
    [​IMG]
    The word art talks about wishes, which are the changes I want to make. The bokeh represents those changes, with some brighter (more important) and some not as bright (less important).

wombat146 likes this.
  16. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Mine, thank you for the challenge, I took the opportunity to brush up on my poetry a bit
    [​IMG]

17. G.J.

G.J. If I Could Turn Back Time

Wonderful challenge! thank you so much for hosting, here's my take, full credits in gallery. Have a nice day!
    [​IMG]

wombat146 likes this.