**WINNER ANNOUNCED** July '21 - Monthly Muse Week 4

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by wombat146, Jul 26, 2021.

1. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

Hello again everyone and welcome to Week 4 of the July Monthly Muse.

WINNER FOR THE JULY MUSE: Congrats to Jan (Janism) :clap:heartlub
    (Please check your Conversations for your Coupon code. :))

Continuing on with our oceans and seas theme for the month, this week we are working with Colours and Textures associated with the ocean/sea/beach. You will find below an inspiration board filled with gorgeous colours and textures to hopefully whet your creative juices.

COLOUR-AND-TEXTURE-INSPIRATION-BOARD-800.jpg
    So the challenge this week is to create a layout using any of the colours featured in the board above, plus any type of ocean/sea/beach textures.

For my layout this week I started off with a photo that I took last summer, featuring a lot of textures and containing some of the colours from the board above. I also added some more colour and texture by using a paper from Little Butterfly Wings kit called Free As A Bird, which was in a sandy yellow colour but also had some lovely grungy markings and text on it. I then added some gorgeous blue coloured watercolour splats from Just Jaimee's July'20 Storyteller kit to tie in with the blue of the ocean in the photo. Finally finishing off with wordart from Val's Beachscape collab with Studio Basic.

12X12-HELLYER-BEACH---BEACH-DAYS-800.jpg

Challenge this week is to create a layout about anything to do with the ocean/sea/beach using any of the colours featured in the board above, plus using some type of texture as well.

You may create any style of layout (ie. clean and simple, artsy, pocket style etc.) you wish, with or without a photo. Create any size page you wish. This is for everyone, so have fun and see where the inspiration takes you.

Please post your layout to the Art Journaling Gallery HERE prior to July 31, 2021 and then post it in this thread by copying the code (at the right of your gallery image) from the box under "Share BB Code".

We will draw a winner at the beginning of next month for a coupon!! As Lisa mentioned last week, every layout you create is equal to one entry in the random draw. So if you create 1 layout you are entered once, if you create 4 layouts you are entered 4 times. :)

You can use any products in The Lilypad store or retired products from current Lilypad designers, (just make sure you follow our gallery guidelines).

As always, I am looking forward to seeing what you creative gals come up with this week! :happydance2:heartlub

Last edited: Aug 6, 2021
    Karen, AJK and CharlotteM like this.
  2. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

What a wonderful photograph and layout, Ona. I'm happy to see Week 4 is posted! Great challenge and wrap of this month of ocean and seas.

3. caapmun

caapmun Well-Known Member

4. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

Thank you Ona for this challenge ❤️

[​IMG]

AJK likes this.
  5. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Thanks, Ona!
    [​IMG]

Nemla and Dady like this.
  6. wombat146

ooooh!!!!! :clap:circles look at these stunning pages!! the textures and colours are G.O.R.G.E.O.U.S!!!!:heartlub

7. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

Thanks for this month's muse - love the ocean
    [​IMG]

8. Electra

Electra Shutterbug

I grew up on an island and have always loved leaning over the edge when on a ship and looking down.[​IMG]

Lillyia likes this.
  9. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

my take for this week

[​IMG]

Dady likes this.
  10. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I was inspired by the tropical colors, especially in the top left corner of the inspiration board. The background of my page is a photograph that my granddaughter took, under the water. I adjusted the color and used some filters to bring out lots of texture.

[​IMG]

11. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Had a lot of fun masking and blending Rebecca's papers to my photo. Hope there is texture enough, the paper had texture anyway, but I added more with brushes.... And on Lyn's seaweed too...
    [​IMG]

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  12. FL-Karen

FL-Karen Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Thank you for this week's challenge!

13. wombat146

Well we have reached the end of the July my very creative peeps and boy! you guys have certainly created some STUNNING work!!! Thanks for joining Lisa and I as we explored the sea! I will be back in a couple of days to announce the winner! :)

14. wombat146

This month's winner has been announced in the first post, thanks to everyone that joined Lisa and I this month!! You gals rocked the challenges!!! :banana:clappy