Hot Dogs | Pad Patter 7.25

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Jul 25, 2021.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Love 'em or hate 'em? I know there are a lot of people who don't eat hot dogs, my dh being one. He said he watched a video of how they're made and hasn't really eaten one since :giggle. Personally, I love them! Well, most of them anyway. There are some places where I won't eat them, like the school cafeteria. Our Dairy Queen and local ice cream shop both have amazing hot dogs and the best chili!

I bring all this up because it's National Chili Dog Day. Chili, mustard, and onion are my go-tos on a hot dog! Sometimes, I add slaw. But it has to be good chili, not the canned. I have a great chili recipe that makes a huge batch that I can freeze for later. My youngest is a ketchup and onions guy, and my oldest used to put mayonnaise on his (yuck).

Inquiring minds want to know...
    Do you eat hot dogs?
    And if so, what goes on a hot dog?
    Also, someone asked this question on the radio the other day - Is a hot dog a sandwich?

umyesh likes this.
  2. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Do you eat hot dogs? Yep.
    And if so, what goes on a hot dog? Ketchup and mustard on boring days. Yellow peppers and cream cheese are a good combo. Chili and cheddar are another good combo.
    Also, someone asked this question on the radio the other day - Is a hot dog a sandwich? No.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  3. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

Yes I eat them ... I like them with ketchup and pickle relish, or chili and cheese, or sauerkraut and mustard. And, no I don’t consider them a sandwich.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  4. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

Actually, I just had a hot dog at the Mariner’s game about an hour ago. It seems like during the baseball game is the only time I have them anymore. I will have one during my infrequent Costco visits. I like mustard, chopped onions, and pickle relish. I like a good chili dog but have not had one in years.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  5. IntenseMagic

Oooh I have never tried the peppers and cream cheese, but that does sound good. I do like cheddar on mine from time to time!

umyesh likes this.
  6. IntenseMagic

Yes, cheese! I forgot about that. I love sauerkraut, but I have never tired it on a hot dog...now I think I need to!!

7. IntenseMagic

I used to eat hot dogs at my kids' ball games all the time! There's just something about baseball and hot dogs :) Oooh yeah, pickle relish! I haven't had one with relish in a long time!

8. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Yes, I eat hot dogs. Best ones were obtained at football or baseball games or at the Marker family picnics we had when I was growing up... straight off the grill. I eat mine with just ketchup.

And, I'd like to say after not having a hot dog in a bun for over 4 years, the one I fixed Memorial Day weekend using the air fryer was absolute heaven. Even had "grill" marks on it. (Hamburger in a bun that weekend tasted pretty good as well!)

Memaw2Wm and IntenseMagic like this.
  9. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Every once in awhile, they taste really good. If they're fixed on an outside grill, they're usually very tasty. I like ketchup, mustard and shredded cheese on mine.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  10. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Lol no, I'm probably in the minority though, but I thought this was about cooling down pets in your heatwave summer conditions :giggle .
    The equivalent here I'd say is a Sausage Sanger (Aussie slang for sandwich even though it really isn't - it's one slice of bread & a sausage of varying content with optional tomato sauce or BBQ sauce & cooked onion) & it is a staple of BBQs & fundraisers - I can't tell you how many thousands of sausage sangers i've been involved in selling over the last decade & it's probably why I don't eat them often either.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
    IntenseMagic likes this.
  11. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Do you eat hot dogs? Yes!

And if so, what goes on a hot dog? Usually ketchup, mustard and relish.... simple... but we also like Chick-Fil-A sauce on them too. :giggle

Is a hot dog a sandwich? Not really...at least to me.... In my brain, a sandwich is 2 slices of bread (or more I guess for a club sandwich)... while a hot dog isn't slices of bread but more like a hoagie or submarine to me. (I guess in general all of those are sandwiches, but I do side on the No, lol)

IntenseMagic likes this.
  12. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I do like hot dogs! If we make them at home I put ketchup, relish and onion on mine. We also have an amazing hot dot cart in our little downtown area and they make Chicago style hot dog that are super yummy!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  13. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

Nope, nope, nope. I haven't eaten one since high school.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  14. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Do you eat hot dogs? I don't like them, but if I'm at a friend's house I won't say no.
    And if so, what goes on a hot dog? If I eat one it would have mustard and pickles on it.
    Also, someone asked this question on the radio the other day - Is a hot dog a sandwich? I would say no!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  15. IntenseMagic

I can imagine that even a hot dog would be heaven after 4 years! That's so awesome! And yes, straight off the grill is best!!

16. IntenseMagic

I agree, outside on the grill is my favorite!! DS likes his boiled better and I always tell him that he's crazy!!

AJK likes this.
  17. IntenseMagic

Haha, that would be a great topic as well. My poor dog is miserable in the summer. He's in the floor under my desk right now, panting.
    I just looked up sausage sangers and they look really good, but I can imagine selling thousands would make them less desirable. My kid always says he wants to work fast food so he can eat it, and I always tell him that he'd get sick of it!

18. IntenseMagic

Chick-Fil-A Sauce, now that's interesting!! I bet Chance would love that, he is obsessed with the stuff!

19. IntenseMagic

I do love relish and I don't use it often enough. I'm seriously craving a hot dog now lol

Karen likes this.
  20. IntenseMagic

I get it. That's my hubby's answer as well. He will only eat one when there is absolutely nothing else in the house to eat.