Printables by LBW

Discussion in 'Help Pad' started by ajm, Jul 19, 2021.

1. ajm

ajm Well-Known Member

2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I completely understand it being overwhelming at first. I have a Silhouette portrait which is basically the same as your machine except mine only goes up to 9x12 size. I have used my friends Cameo for a couple of larger project and they basically work the same way. They use the same software too, so I should be able to answer any questions you have.

If you are wanting to print and cut the elements from LBW's shop your best bet is to start in Photoshop, lay out the elements and save a .png of the whole sheet and then bring it into the Silhouette software to print them and cut them out. Here are the steps I use. It look long, but really isn't bad once you get the hang of it.

Rather than typing them all out again... check out this thread:

https://the-lilypad.com/forum/threads/silhouette-cameo-help.62941/#post-1136614

I will also mention that I'm using an older version of the software because I have a system that works and I'm afraid an update will mess everything up. :giggle I do know that the newer version of the software is smart enough to trace around a .png, so you might be able to skip the black .png version to save a little time. I just know that when I got my Silhouette a LONG time ago, it didn't trace well and completely ignored white areas, so that's why I started doing the black version .png.

ajm likes this.
  3. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

@Karen @ajm

Little Butterfly Wings already provides the black PNG sheet that coordinates with the print and cut sheet in the same download, so I think that Aly can start with Step 8 on the instructions that you provided. :)

ajm and Karen like this.
  4. Karen

Oh that's awesome and so helpful! :agree

ajm and gonewiththewind like this.
  5. ajm

ajm Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for your responses. Hopefully I'll have time this weekend to dig into it further. I can't open SVG files yet, because I haven't upgraded my Silhouette software. I think I need the designer edition. I was actually hoping that it wasn't necessary to upgrade for this, but I think I'll save myself a lot of aggravation and work by doing it.

6. Karen

I'm pretty sure I'm able to open .svg files with just the free version of the software. I'll have to check when I get back home to be sure. I don't generally use .svg files though because I'm using .png elements from my digital goodies and I'm laying them out in Photoshop. But I have used .svg files in the past that I downloaded from the Silhouette store. I think that possibly you just have to add them to your library first and then you can open them with the free software.

ajm likes this.
  7. ajm

ajm Well-Known Member

After a lot of trial and error, I'm finally thinking I understand the basics. This was a test print on cardstock. I'm now waiting for my planner to arrive to see if the sizes of the stickers are right. @Karen

test.jpg

LivyBug likes this.
  8. Karen

Yay!! They look great! Isn’t it so satisfying to get that first batch of cuts done right? :)

9. ajm

ajm Well-Known Member

Haha...yes it is!:-)

Karen likes this.