Bruise Remedy?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Jul 19, 2021.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

So, the cat decided she was going to sleep on the stairs last night. She's never done this before. As you can guess - I came down to get a drink, and fell on her. Luckily, years of skating taught me to fall backward because your butt is (typically) the most cushioned part of your body. So, I kinda fell up the stairs? Even though I was going down?
    Anyway. My bottom hurts bad because I have a nice deep bruise. I've iced it, but sitting and getting up hurts - walking is okay though. My calf and wrist took the rest of the fall, so they are also bruising and sore. What do you use on deep bruising? Any home remedies that make you feel better/move better?

P.S. The cat is okay. And she hasn't been on the stairs at all today.

2. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Ouch! I don’t have any remedies but I hope you heal quickly!

3. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Ice the bruise until you reach the 48 hour mark, then start warm compresses. Don't massage. And if you develop a lump at the bruise site or the pain worsens instead of lessening, then you should talk to your doctor!

bestcee and cfile like this.
  4. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

ditto with Cheryl's info.. maybe try sitting on frozen peas as they mold better to the area. So sorry.. when I fell in the salon it was over a week with pain in sitting etc as I hit right above the coxic bone. Feel better.

5. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Haha, elevate your butt. I joke, but the blood flow will help. A bruise is technically blood, just in one location, so allowing it to have less pressure and elevating it helps with pain as well. Maybe compression belt around area?

AJK likes this.
  6. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

No remedies....just hope you feel better!

7. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I feel your pain! I slipped and fell while trying to get into a raft at the water park. OUch!! Fortunately, it wasn't too bad and cleared up within a week.

8. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

:grouphug sorry, sometimes Arnica helps, but it is more for preventing bumps, and swelling. Take care.

bellbird likes this.
  9. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Ouch, nothing to add to what's already been advised but wanted to say I know how you feel. I have fallen on my butt and bruised my tailbone so know how much it hurts. The frozen peas is a good idea.

cfile likes this.
  10. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Ouch, sounds painful. No remedies here, but i hope you heal quickly! Glad you didn't land on the cat!

11. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Agreeing with Jenn here. Do you have a doughnut pillow? or a neck rest pillow to substitute? Glad you didn't also get scratched up by a scared cat! Deep cat scratches are not only painful but can get infected, so... :D :hug

bestcee likes this.
  12. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

I was going to suggest Arnica too.

bellbird and Nemla like this.
  13. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

arnica cream is what i've heard ages ago too, it's meant to draw something out (which i interpreted as speed up the changes in colour the bruise goes thru), frozen peas for the immediate relief after a fall but after the bruise has developed arnica, hope you're feeling much better by now anyway Courtney

14. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Thanks everyone!

The worst part of the injury is it made sitting super duper uncomfortable. So, rest did not mean extra scrap time or computer time or anything. Ugh. I did a lot of walking around because that helped and I couldn't sit. It was so painful to get up from sitting!

It's much better today, so I hope to be back to enjoying sitting down tomorrow. The cat has not been seen hanging out on the stairs since.

Nemla likes this.
  15. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Hoping you are having strides of improvement daily, Courtney!! @bestcee

16. bjthomas

bjthomas We will rock you!

Yikes!!! I'm so sorry ... and I'm sure the cat is even more mad at you for disturbing her sweet slumber ;) I hope the pain and discomfort go away SOON! What a "bummer" to not be able to scrap or other things that you would normally do without a second thought. It's amazing how much more easily we get bruised and injured as we get older, isn't it?

bestcee likes this.