Movies | Pad Patter 7.11

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Jul 11, 2021.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I like movies and feel like I've seen so many, but I was looking at this list of top grossing movies of all time --

Movies.JPG

and out of the top 20, I have seen 2 of them (Titanic and The Lion King) :giggle. I guess my movie taste doesn't really line up with most of the rest of the world. I even looked down the list to the top 50 and there might have been like 3 others I've seen. I guess I tend to go more for the thriller and horror movies, and they don't seem to be tops in money making. We just went to see The Forever Purge last week and I'm guessing you won't find any of those on a top grossing list lol.

What kind of movies are your favorites? How many of these have you seen??

umyesh likes this.
  2. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I've only seen 3 - Titanic, Lion King and Beauty and The Beast.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  3. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Seen in a theater... none of them.

Was forced to watch Titanic at a Thanksgiving get-together many years ago. I was bored.

On TV where I come and go I've seen the 2 star wars movies and the Harry Potter movie.

Last movie I saw in a theater was in the early 90's. And very few have even tempted me since then.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  4. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

I have seen all of them except Frozen 1 and Frozen 2. I guess we watch a lot of movies.

Also checked the top 50 and saw most of those as well. Only one's not seen: Finding Dory, The newer Toy Story because I honestly don't want to cry, and the Joker because it just looks like it's going to be very dark and well things are dark enough in real life as it is.

Out of the top hundred pretty much have seen those as well. Hi Mom looks interesting. I may have to find that one.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  5. IntenseMagic

Whew! I don't feel so alone :giggle

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  6. IntenseMagic

My husband watches Titanic a lot lol. I'm not sure what his thing is, but he will turn it on pretty often. It's not a favorite of mine at all, and even less after I've heard it playing 8 million times!
    I went a long time without going to the theater. My older kids were really in to seeing movies, but my youngest loves to go, so we've been to several in the last few years.

7. IntenseMagic

I'm trying to make it my life goal to never watch a Frozen movie :giggle. I did just recently watch the newest Toy Story :cry. I really liked Joker, we saw it when it came out in theaters, and it was pretty dark.
    The farther down the list I went, there were more I'd seen. Hi, Mom was one of the few that I had never even heard of.

8. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

Maybe one day we will watch the Joker. I like the newer Batman (dark Knight) movies, so maybe I won't totally dislike it.

Hi, Mom looked interesting after I read about it. I had never hear of it either. I have a feeling it's subtitled tho.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  9. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

When I was younger, I went to see a lot of movies at the theater. Now, most of my movie watching is at home, and that was even before the pandemic changed everyone's lives. I definitely would rather read a book than watch the movie, except for The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, which I think are gorgeous movies. I think I've seen most of the Harry Potter movies, but I can't remember which ones now. Again, I prefer the books to the movies.

I'd say 37 out of 100 isn't bad. **shrugs**

Of the Top 20, I've seen:
    1. Titanic
    2. Frozen II
    3. Black Panther
    4. Frozen
    5. Beauty and the Beast
    6. Incredibles 2
    7. Iron Man 3

Of the Top 100, I've seen:

The 7 I mentioned above +

1. Minions
    2. The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
    3. The Lion King
    4. Toy Story 3
    5. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
    6. Jurassic Park
    7. Finding Dory
    8. Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace
    9. Alice in Wonderland
    10. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
    11. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
    12. The Dark Knight
    13. Despicable Me 2
    14. The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
    15. The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
    16. The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
    17. Finding Nemo
    18. Shrek 2
    19. The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
    20. The Secret Life of Pets
    21. The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
    22. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
    23. Inception
    24. The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2
    25. Wonder Woman
    26. Independence Day
    27. E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial
    28. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
    29. Deadpool 2
    30. Deadpool

IntenseMagic likes this.
  10. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Me either. Haha

IntenseMagic likes this.
  11. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I’ve seen 18 of those I think! All but the Furious ones haha DH always wants to watch movies but his favorite are scary and my favorite are chick flicks.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  12. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

Those from the list I have seen are:
    Titanic, Star Wars VII, The Lion King ( older version), Frozen and Beauty and the Beast ( older version)

It would be impossible for me to list my top movies as there are so many I really enjoy and some I have watched over and over again. Like last night I watched the old "The Ghost and Mrs Muir" - not my top favorite but still one I enjoy.
    "An Affair to Remember" is one I have seen many times. Most of Audrey Hepburn movies I really enjoy. All the older Star Wars ones I have seen a few times.

My dear husband does not understand how I can watch the same movie more than once.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  13. IntenseMagic

When I head down the top 100, I can add a few more. Most of them I've watched at home. I have a really hard time sitting in the theater for 2 hours, or anywhere in one spot for that matter lol.

Transformers: Dark of the Moon
    Transformers: Age of Extinction
    The Lion King
    Joker
    Toy Story 4
    Toy Story 3
    Jurassic Park
    Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle
    The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (this one about killed me...sooooo long!)
    Shrek 2
    Bohemian Rhapsody
    The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
    Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
    The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn 2
    Independence Day
    Jumanji: The Next Level
    ET

gonewiththewind likes this.
  14. IntenseMagic

I think I've watched one of the Fast and Furious movies, like one of the first ones. They just all seem the same to me lol.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2021
    umyesh likes this.
  15. IntenseMagic

Oh my goodness, "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir"! I haven't thought about that movie for years!
    There are a few movies that I can watch more than once, and usually if I can't find anything else to watch, but for the most part I don't. My hubby can watch certain movies over and over again ad nauseam.

16. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I might watch a movie once a year if that.....its definitely prepandemic since I've seen one right now.The only one I probably saw when I was younger would have been the Harry Potter one and maybe Lion King

17. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

7 I think
    Avatar ,Titanic ,Frozen, Harry potter, furious,incredible, I think one of the star wars, but not sure....
    Of the above I only really liked Avatar, though the Harry Potter ones were ok. None would I want to see again.
    What ever happened to good old fashioned suspense movies, ( like Alfred Hitchcock ) or something with a bit of a story and some quiet humour, not slap stick comedy ?

18. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I prefer the older movies as well, especially the Sean Connery/Roger Moore era of James Bond movies. Now those I can watch over and over. And I love watching the Annette/Frankie Avalon beach movies, those were from my teenage years.

Looking down the list of the top 200, I have not seen any of them in a theater. And, again the only ones I've seen are the Harry Potter and Star Wars sagas on TV. I think I might have seen Skyfall on TV as well but I don't like the newer James Bond movies as well as the old ones. There was just something about Sean and Roger....

19. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Um, I haven't seen 2 of them. :giggle

IntenseMagic and Karen like this.
  20. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I've seen 15 of the 20 you listed. MOST of them I watched because my boys or hubby wanted to watch or because I used to host a movie night at our church. :giggle I think I only watched a couple of those in the theaters though. I'm a big fan of watching movies at home instead. :agree

I'm going to have to go hunt down the top 50 list...