The Unofficial 2021 Summer (or Winter) Adventure thread!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by QuiltyMom, Jul 8, 2021.

1. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

@Karen the class is kaleidoscope .( a 4 month long colour theory class,with lots of different teachers and art in the form of painting mostly. It is run by Willowing Arts. Took their taster lessons earlier in the month loved them, so I am giving it a go.

Karen likes this.
  2. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

work, work, work and more work. this is my fave season and i'm working my butt off w/no end in sight. :( i'm not sure if Covid 2020 summer or this summer is worse?

3. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

No vacation plans this year but I am doing lots of day trips with the dogs, hiking around and going to the river or lake. The dogs love the beach. My daughter discovered a new (to us) dog park that has access to a river so we are going to try that out next week.

Karen and bestcee like this.
  4. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Me!!!

Scrapping with Liz likes this.
  5. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Munchkin and I headed out to Utah via train to visit family, and pack my mother in law. Then home via car. We went to Cincinnati to pick her up from the airport (which is actually in Kentucky!) and stopped by Jungle Jim's grocery store. We hit the local fair and the demolition derby.
    We plan to go to the enormous grocery store again later this month to see more of it. And check out a few other day trips - like Louisville. And we are going to go to the Indiana State Fair. But, the biggest project is getting my mother in law settled into our home.

6. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Booo! That's no fun at all! I sure hope you'll be able to take some vacation days this summer still! (I vaguely recall you saying something about some new hires you were training?) Hope you can use those new people to give you a break!

7. Karen

Oooh! That sounds fun! I've watched a couple videos from Willowing Arts in the past. I hope you love your class!

AJK and Nemla like this.
  8. Karen

That mural is SOOOOOO cool! I love it! :heartslub

Scrapping with Liz likes this.
  9. Donitab

Donitab If only the TV would yell back

June was our busy travel month. We left on the 5th for a weeklong trip to South Dakota and Mt. Rushmore. There is so much to do and see in that area. I highly recommend it and can give travel tips to anyone planning to visit.
    we were home for two weeks then left for a weeklong trip to California. This trip included two days at the beach and a day at Disneyland. It was so good to be back in the park. All three kids made the trip and we had family pictures made on the beach. Such a fun time!

10. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Well, I've been busy getting the house ready for a family gathering I'm having on the Friday, the 16th. Cousins are stopping on their way from Orlando to Devils Lake, Michigan and wanted to see as many members of the family as possible. As of now 8 are for sure and another 6 or 8 are possible. We hope to utilize my patio but there is rain in the forecast so I have a feeling we'll be inside instead. It is going to be low key and BYOB! I plan on having a veggie tray, cheese plate and chips. And we can always order pizza if everyone gets really hungry!

11. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

That is on my schedule for 2022 but I've got free lodging. I have a friend that lives in the Black Hills. She had knee surgery in May and the other being done in September so by next year she should be raring to go!

Donitab likes this.
  12. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

The kiddos & I are doing our annual staycation next weekend so we'll be going to the Fort Wayne Children's Zoo, Dutch Creek Farm Animal Park, and Lake Michigan (the beach).

Dutch Creek is this unusual petting zoo-safari owned by an Amish family where you can hold & pet baby animals (this is usually the highlight of my daughter's summer) and then you board a big wagon with a big plastic feed bucket and they pull you through a field while all sorts of exotic animals follow you around to be fed --- animals like zonkeys and zorses, zebras, reindeer, African buffalo, camels, etc. [Have you ever been there, @Karen?]

I'm already planning adventures for NEXT summer including taking a special girls'-only trip with my daughter (who will be 13 next August!) and renting an AirBnB with my bestie in Rocky Mountain National Park.

Karen likes this.
  13. Karen

I haven’t been there nor had I ever heard of it, but it sounds so cool! I might have to check it out next time we go to Shipshewana. Sounds like you have lots of fun planned!! :D

14. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

This summer...Since we had to spend so much $$ and time on a visit to my parents ( thankful to go- likely the last one) we decided to do something special in lieu of a vacation. We have gone to our Antiquing haunt, to the Beach twice, once with Atalya Castle, to a Sunflower Farm yesterday! IMG_3800.JPEG IMG_3785.JPEG

We still have a list for the remaining weeks until school starts and we start teaching again. We are planning a trip to Turkey for next year. CAN'T WAIT!!!

Last edited: Jul 17, 2021
  15. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...