Camping? | Pad Patter 5 july 2021

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by FarrahJobling, Jul 5, 2021.

1. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

Do you like Camping?

We are headed up to the mountains to go camping. It's been a over a year since we've been (except we did "camp" in our backyard last summer. I'm really looking forward to it. When I was younger, I HATED the idea of camping....no showers...no flushable toilets....bugs....smoke...etc....but as I've gotten older and gotten over myself, I really LOVE being in nature, away from the busy world...off the grid...quiet....etc. I still have bathroom issues with vault toilets, but I manage and it's worth it.

cfile and umyesh like this.
  2. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

NO! I've never been camping and never want to go again. :lol:lol:lol

I guess "glamping" would be acceptable - as long as I had my own bathroom and bedroom. My DD has a "glamper" - a gorgeous 5th wheel with all the bells and whistles, but only 1 bathroom and 1 "real" bedroom. I do like hanging out there for the day, though. They have an outside TV and outdoor kitchen - it makes for fun cookouts.

Anyway, not trying to rain on your parade - have fun!! I know lots of people love camping!!

3. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Nope. Not a fan of camping, even in a "glamper". My kind of camping includes a hotel room and room service.

And, with my allergies I'd be miserable the whole time I was supposed to be enjoying the outdoors.

Enjoy your time though!

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  4. LivyBug

LivyBug I should be considered yarned and dangerous.

I hope you have so much fun!

The closest I've had to camping was staying in cabins with communal toilets/shower and camping in a tent in a friend's backyard as a kid. I'll be honest that I'm too high maintenance for true tent camping. lol

5. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I grew up tent camping and liked everything except going to the bathroom in the dirt (TMI?). Now we own a camper so I like camping much more.

I hope you have a good time Farrah!

6. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

We went tent camping twice last year. That was the first time in 15+ years. We had so much fun we plan to go again in late July. Taking the dog too and escaping the heat to the mountains. The campsite we go to has hot showers and a bathroom -- and electricity so I can make coffee (yes, Mr Coffee pot went with me).

7. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

I am not a real fan of camping. I did it when younger - late teens early 20s.
    I enjoy my home comforts too much.

The middle of this month we are heading off for a holiday in a National Park that includes a seaside area. We will be staying in a cabin. No TV or Internet but I can live without those for the three nights.

8. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

I loved tent camping as a kid, and enjoyed camping with my grandsons’ Cub Scout packs ... especially when we had bath facilities available (toilets, sinks, individual showers). I haven’t been camping in six years though.

9. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I like camping. I think I liked it more as a kid when it wasn't as much work for me. Haha!

Things I love about camping are being in nature, campfires, sleeping under the stars, fresh air, a break from the world.
    Things I don't like about camping are taking kids to the bathroom in the middle of the night, trying to keep stuff clean, camp laundry when you come home.

10. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I like camping...always have, but I haven't been in a long time!!

Hope you have a fabulous time, @FarrahJobling

11. jaye

jaye My other car is a Zamboni!

I would go camping if I had a trailer/camper. Not a fan of tent camping for sleeping and I would like my own shower.

12. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Have fun on your trip! I am the opposite. I did so much camping throughout the years that now I am tired of it. I want to sell our trailer and go on lots of short driving trips with the dogs and stay in a hotel along the way.

13. Donitab

Donitab If only the TV would yell back

Not much experience with camping. We did it when we first married, and I have tried to talk my husband into it since empty nest - but he doesn't seem interested. And I would have trouble being without electricity - I would need a fan for sure.

Enjoy your time! Can't wait to see your pages!

14. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I would like to camp, I think, based on my enjoyment of hiking and preference for being outside. But I grew to adulthood with the closest experience being the one time my parents rented and RV for a weekend in the desert when I was about 5 years old. I remember nothing of it except the photos (of which there are maybe 5). My first real camping experience was in college with my boyfriend. We did a canoe trip down the Colorado River and camped in Anza Borrego Desert and Yosemite. It was his tent and he did most of the planning though.
    My husband and I tried to camp twice. The first time was on our honeymoon. It was planned for the day after our stay in Monterey, which we loved so much, we canceled the camping plan and stayed a second night in Monterey. The second attempt was with a friend near Sacramento, but my husband had a terrible reaction to the bug spray so we went back to the friend's apartment. Since then, most of our travels have been by plane (and a bit by car), with hotel stays.

But despite lack of experience, I'd love to join a group with more experienced campers. Bugs mostly don't bother me (only spiders do). I love being outside. I enjoy cooking over open flame and food wrapped in aluminum foil and pouring hot water over oats. I love hiking. I do hope to do some more camping or at least RV-ing in my life.

15. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

The only camping I've done is in rustic cabins. They at least had a concrete floor and a window unit, but the trek across the campsite to the bathrooms/showers wasn't fun in the middle of the night.

I've had back issues since I was 21, so being on the ground in a tent does not sound delightful - even more now since I've gotten older.

16. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

We camp. But in fairness, we have a 38-foot fifth wheel with a fireplace, microwave, full bath, air conditioning and heated, massaging recliners. We could easily live in the thing. I'm not sure it even qualifies as "glamping." :lmao

Memaw2Wm and michelepixels like this.
  17. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

I hope you have an awesome time!!!

I grew up camping, but not tent camping. Every summer my parents would take us on a 2-3 week vacation in our camper and visited nearly all of the western states. I loved it and still do, but I can't really do the tent thing. Bugs.

18. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I love camping! We've done a lot of it over the years, especially with the kids because it's what we could afford for vacations. My oldest went camping for the first time when he was 2 weeks old. :giggle We are still tent campers too... mostly because we don't have anywhere to store a camper and we don't go often enough to justify that cost.

We are only going once this summer at the beginning of August. We have tons of great State Parks in Michigan and our favorites are all the ones along the shore of Lake Michigan on the West side all the way up to and around the UP. (upper penisula). All the state parks have really good hot showers.

19. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I think unless I was glamping I wouldn't be able to survive.

littlekiwi likes this.
  20. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

No camping or glamping for me these days….closest I get is a single room with a hall bathroom at a backpackers!