Rachel Jefferies Mixed Media Challenge - July 2021 +June winners

Discussion in 'Designer Challenges' started by Annsofie, Jul 2, 2021.

1. Annsofie

Annsofie Crime Books & Cozy Nooks

Hello! This is Ann-Sofie bringing you Rachel Jefferies July Mixed Media Challenge, but first let’s congratulate the lucky winners of last month's challenge: the winner of $10 is @jam-on-toast and $6 is @sm_amber. Rachel will be in touch with you and bring the coupon codes via PM as soon as possible!

This months challenge is inspired by all of the textures we have around us. I really like mixing the textures on my pages, both the digital and the hybrid ones, and Rachel has quite a lot of textures to choose from; fabric, papers in different styles, thread, dried flowers, paint, gesso, cardboard and confetti to name just a few! I want you to have the feeling that if the page was physical and you stroke it, you would feel the different textures doing so.

I have made a Pinterest board as an inspiration for you to look at here: July Challenge Inspiration Board

Challenge Requirements:
    • Create a page or project using at least five different textures on your page. If you use a photo, that doesn’t count for the five. It’s ok to use pre made collages, but I must be able to see five distinct textures on the page. The textures can be derived from a combination of background papers and elements, like wooden elements, torn fabric or paper scraps, paint and gesso or paper and fabric flowers etc.
    • You could add anything else you like, to complete the page.
    • Your layout must use 100% Rachel Jefferies Designs currently available in the TLP store (collaborations, including Rachel’s Mixed Media Monthly and Add-Ons count). A few elements from Rachel’s retired products are permissible but should account for less than 10% of your layout.
    • Upload your layout to the Rachel Jefferies Designs Gallery at TLP.
    • For your challenge entry to be counted, you MUST reply to this thread with your finished layout. Please link your thread layout to your gallery.
    • I'd like to see brand new pages, so no double-dipping with other challenges.
    • Please note in the forum post what five textures you have used on your page.
    • New Release Bonus Entry! If you use one of Rachel’s products released in July 2021 (a new release, M3, BYOC and even SOSN released in July 2021 count) you will get a bonus entry for a chance to win the $6 coupon (should you not be the $10 winner). Please let me know if you are eligible for the $6 entry by stating “New Release Bonus Entry” when you post in the forum.
    • The challenge will be open through July 31st when a random participant will win a $10 coupon to Rachel's shop. The winner will be announced when August challenge is posted.
    • Any questions? Please respond to this forum and tag me
    This is my page and I have used a wooden background, gesso, thread, twine, washi tape, fabric, old paper, plain paper, ribbon and a metal alpha to make the texture on my page.

[​IMG]

And here are the inspiration from the Captivating sistas:

First one from @Rachel Jefferies with crinkly/taped paper background, fabric strips, cardboard confetti, sequin confetti, stitches, threads, paper ribbon, resin butterfly, metal charm and crinkled paper tape.
    B9D415D2-A73D-49CB-86D6-FC4D220008FA.jpeg

@Dady has used several background papers mixed, collages, gesso, confetti, stitches and stamps
    72CBDD60-45FE-4DA6-B9C3-4000760932CA.jpeg
    @marijke made one with textured background, washi tape, confetti, cardboard confetti, marks, paperpieces, butterfly and paperribbon
    874FDB51-84B4-4149-9B48-7577FB6A8478.jpeg
    @alinalove made this with layered paper, stitches, dried flowers, paper flower, felt flower, metal charm, ribbon, buttons, butterfly, gesso and paper sticker
    B7EB4E30-CD00-46E6-BAB2-40C3C50F1824.jpeg
    @mcurtt used paper ribbon, washi, flower, foliage, gesso, stitches, threads, confetti, button, flower and fabric strips for her page
    D9EECC5B-118E-4572-934D-7490FA13D2A4.jpeg
    @ajm made a page with paint, stamps, scribbles, threads, stitches, staple, button, leave, butterfly and paper stripe
    E7798780-DA9A-49D3-ACA8-03787F2B8EA3.jpeg
    @DivaMom96 used torn paper, threads, tape, gesso tape, dry wall tape, paint, cut out flowers and leaves and wood
    8276E4C6-7493-437E-AB42-850516F54F8D.jpeg

In the first comment you will find some of Rachel's kits that may inspire you, but you are not required to use the products for this challenge.

Happy scrapping, I can’t wait to see the beautiful creations you will make!
    Hugs, Ann-Sofie

Last edited: Jul 5, 2021
  2. Annsofie

Annsofie Crime Books & Cozy Nooks

3. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

4. Cherylndesigns

Thanks for the challenge.

[​IMG]

Annsofie likes this.
  5. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

Congratulations to the winners @ jam-on-toast and @sm_amber

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 3, 2021
    Annsofie likes this.
  6. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Annsofie likes this.
  7. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

fun challenge. I love textures in my physical art.
    [​IMG]
    Textures used include:
    Peeling Paint on Wooden Background
    Gesso
    Paper Doily
    Thread
    Flowers - Crochet, paper & felt.
    Fabric piece
    Distressed Paper

Annsofie likes this.
  8. DivaMom96

DivaMom96 Well-Known Member

AWESOME challenge! I did this one. It contains: Torn paper, threads, tape, gesso tape, dry wall tape, paint, cut out flowers and leaves, wood.

[​IMG]

Annsofie likes this.
  9. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

10. ad77

ad77 Well-Known Member

plastered wall, dried flower, fabric flower/ribbon, twine, thread, washi tape, paint, paper piece...
    “New Release Bonus Entry” (used new BYOC´s Riding the Rails also)

[​IMG]

trekmom likes this.
  11. Electra

Electra Shutterbug

gesso-ed tape, plain tape, sequins, paper pieces, folded bows, string and ribbon bows, messy threads
    [​IMG]

trekmom likes this.
  12. jaye

jaye My other car is a Zamboni!

13. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

trekmom likes this.
  14. alinalove

alinalove Well-Known Member

Such a great challenge. I learned a lot about my process. Thank you!
    Also really fab pages so far. Here is mine for the links.
    [​IMG]

trekmom likes this.
  15. jam-on-toast

jam-on-toast Well-Known Member

Yay!!!! Cool!!!! Winning a coupon is always fun!!!!! Will be making my page with the new goodies very soon.

trekmom and Annsofie like this.
  16. sm_amber

sm_amber I learn from the best..

So excited to have been chosen last month! Thank you!! :wub Textures are some of my very favorite things about Rachel's designs. They are so delicious and touchable.. This was a great challenge. Thank you!

[​IMG]

trekmom likes this.
  17. trekmom

trekmom Well-Known Member

Congrats to the winners!
    5 textures: Captivating Basics Whites 1-03 and 1- 02. (counts as one as they are merged?)
    Oh Yes, You Can Messy Stamps 10 and 3.
    Textured transparencies 08
    This Day is Mine Organic PP 06 (burlap)
    Rachel Jefferies July 2021 Challenge Textures.jpg

18. FL-Karen

FL-Karen Well-Known Member

Love the challenge and the different layouts!! Here is mine.... thank you for the challenge!
    [​IMG]

19. Cherylndesigns

I know I'm not a part of the CT, but I used some of the Riding The Rails Transfers for this layout for the TLP Style Challenge.

[​IMG]

20. wvufan04

wvufan04 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Textures include - ribbon, notebook paper, twine, stitching, metallic scatter & hanger, paint texture of background paper, felt leaf, newspaper circles