Road Trippin' | Pad Patter 6.27

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Jun 27, 2021.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Omgosh, that brings back memories! We used to do that on the band bus as well! Wow.

2. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I was going to suggest podcasts or audiobooks. We usually rotate around an audiobook, podcast, road games and "quiet" time. With 7 kids it can get kind of crazy.

We do the alphabet game. We also like to take tallies of license plates and see how many of each state we can find...and then note the ones that are the farthest away or ones we haven't been too, etc... I also quiz my kids on states and capitals while passing different license plates.

3. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

We drive a lot (11 hours to KY & vacation trips of 3 to 10 hours). Each person is responsible for bringing their own entertainment. The driver gets to control what is on the radio. With my new car, Spodify is great!! My own music with no ads or a perhaps a podcast. Or Audible book if DH is driving.

We once took CatchPhase and played it as a group to pass the time (just to see how many clues we could come up with in the allotted time). That was fun.

I have used the laptop to scrap, organize photos, or surf the web via my phone's hotspot.

We stop often, like every 2 hours to potty, gas, or snacks. Rule: Everybody potty!! (said with a strange accent like Everybody Party).

But mostly, the family sleeps...

4. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

We don't take many long road trips anymore, but sadly when we do the kids usually have their earbuds in and are listening to music. My oldest has the knack of sleeping the whole time, no matter how long the trip is. :giggle My youngest will chat a lot sometimes, but he always wants to tell me about his video game accomlishments. Blargh! I do try to listen, but I zone out after awhile. Lol. We used to road trip with my sister's family a lot. We would take walkie talkies and count Tim Horton's restaurants and keep score. Ha ha! That was kinda fun, depending on where we were. Around us, there aren't any, but we had a trip to Niagara and there will one zillion of those places to count! :driving

5. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Oh I forgot to say... we also all love the musical Hamilton, so we almost always listen to that and sing along through the entire thing! That burns through 2.5 hours in a hurry!