internet shopping & reality | Pad Patter 18 June

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bellbird, Jun 18, 2021.

1. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

lol every ad should have that in huge letters but i probably wouldn't double check then anyway, just like the whole 'read the terms and conditions', i can't remember the last time i really read them before hitting 'agree'.

i'm glad you got a usable size pool!

2. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

that's so funny because i am always converting inches - like eighths of an inch?! c'mon! metric is sooo much easier, fractions are not my friend at the best of times - to this day, the most practical thing scrapbooking ever taught me is that 30cm x 30cm is the same as a 12x12 page - so my 'yardstick' for inches is based on traditional scrapbook paper size!

Memaw2Wm and bestcee like this.
  3. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I’m glad I’m not the only one who uses scrapbooking like that!

bellbird likes this.
  4. jaye

jaye My other car is a Zamboni!

the good news is Harlow’s came in and there is lots of room for her. It’s deeper and 8” bigger than what she currently has. She is happily cooling off and splashing…….it is going to be hard to get her back in the house, lol.

bellbird likes this.
  5. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I have a 7-day AM/PM pill holder which is just right. 8 years ago I was going on a 2 week vacation and didn't want to drag my medicine bottles with me to refill it after a week. So I bought a 7-day pill holder that had 4 slots for each day. Granted, it isn't small but it worked and I didn't have to take the medicine bottles with me. For any trip longer than a week and shorter than 15 days I'll use it.

bellbird and bestcee like this.
  6. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I drive people nuts at stores and offices because I do read them. And they always look at me and are like "Just sign it". One person I looked at them and said "You are going to hold me to this right?" she said "yeeesss...". I said "Then I get to read it first." She was unimpressed, but seriously. If you are going to tell me I signed it, let me read it in peace!

bellbird likes this.
  7. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Yep! 30cm I know is 12 in - not from scrapping though. But because that's my ruler length. Going back and forth across the border meant I always had a ruler that was the same length, but which side I used changed. And yes, I wish the US would switch to metric! So much easier!!!

But I bought this rack for dog leashes and everyone said it was really small. So, I had to pull out the ruler to make sure that 15 cm was really what I was thinking - about 6 inches.

bellbird likes this.
  8. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

yes furniture - i bought a cute chair and ottoman and it looks like it's made for a child's play house.... i vow not to buy from Wayfair or other similar discount furniture stores anymore. very deceiving.

bellbird likes this.