How do you deal with frizzy hair?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by QuiltyMom, May 28, 2021.

1. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I use jaw clips to put my hair up to avoid the breakage from elastic bands. Not sure that would help with frizzy hair though!

2. jaye

jaye My other car is a Zamboni!

Mine was fine and thin as well, so I gave up and just used clips or a ball hat, lol. It’s growing back quite curly now, not sure what I will end up with so may be watching these tips closely.

3. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Where do you buy the jaw clips?

My hair is thick, and long, so jaw clips are great after the shower. But most of them break too quick for me.

4. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Is this the ponytail style? Or your hair specifically? I've never heard ponytails cause breakage and now I'm concerned about my hair. :helpyI wear a pony way too many days!

5. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

My hair is thin and long so I can use smaller clips. I just buy whatever cheapie I find at Wal-Mart when I need new ones.

bestcee likes this.
  6. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

I wasn't sure, so I Google and yes, wearing a ponytail can cause breakage, and I'm really bad b/c I sometimes leave my scrunchie in at night. That said, my hair is a lot more thin and fragile now than it was 20 years ago.

bestcee likes this.
  7. Kat

Kat Seeking wine/shopping/teeth brushing support group

Great thread. I haven't done any color since the pandemic (and really only did color the last couple of years, non permanent). Lately I've been using a coconut oil treatment on mine but just a tad. It's this one (picture below is a link). I have very thick hair and it gets frizzy and a lot of breakage. I am getting some grey throughout now. The grey seems textured slightly differently. My mom's isn't like that though so I wonder if when you get full grey if that fixes itself maybe? I have allergies too and often there is milk or nut based products in these kinds of things. I have a really hard time with that part. Bonus though, this stuff smells amazing, like a beach vacation.
    Screen Shot 2021-06-07 at 11.24.16 AM.png

AJK likes this.
  8. sakura-panda

sakura-panda Well-Known Member

I use Suave Coconut Conditioner as my shampoo, followed up by LA Looks Styling Gel, but I don't always use the gel. It helps, but some days I don't feel like the extra work to get the "crunch" out.

I think one of my biggest preventers for frizzies, though, is that I use a waffle-weave microfiber towel after my shower, instead of a regular bath towel. It doesn't get heavy and pull on your head and is so amazing that I make a point of packing mine (and my daughter's) when we vacation so that we aren't stuck with hotel towels for our hair. A cotton t-shirt works well too; I used that for a long time before I discovered these towels.

9. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

That's some great info!! Going to try!