Yay for the weekend | Pad Patter 11 June

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bellbird, Jun 11, 2021.

1. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Happy Friday (Or Saturday)!
    It's the start of a long weekend here and it's been absolutely freezing so my inclination is to hibernate but i know that some of you will have beautiful weather. I have to take DD in to the city for a few hours tomorrow but it has also turned out i'll get to see my sister in person which i haven't since... i can't remember when (we had Zoom Xmas and Easter last year so sometime before that - maybe last January?!) Anyway, i figure if i have to rug up and go out in the cold anyway, that is a great, great bonus! I'm hoping to get some scrappy time in this weekend too.

So my quick fill in the blank topic for today is:

It's a great weekend for ....

Hope you have a great weekend whatever you do and wherever you are :)

SeattleSheri and LivyBug like this.
  2. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Tv show binging. I’ve got work to do off and on all wkend as there is a backlog b/c of software issues this past week. I need to take Remi to the dog park at least twice. I have household chores to do. But...I am going to carve out some time to relax and binge some shows.

SeattleSheri and bellbird like this.
  3. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

..... keeping warm inside by doing some baking and doing some digital scrapbooking, then tonight watch Football ( AFL) on the TV even though our team is not playing this weekend.

SeattleSheri likes this.
  4. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

...... Taking 5 minutes ( or longer knowing me ) to get things sorted re laundry, and cushion covers ,shopping lists for next week's shop, and general "to do Stuff " . Then spending as much time as I can spare on an Online 'Art Medicine Weekend retreat ' and preparing for next weeks "taster" lessons, of a class I am hoping to treat my self too about colour theory and fun stuff.
    Hoping to scrap a few pages, while listening to some of the the Retreat interviews that do not require you to be interactive.
    Talking to family on skype.
    Hopefully on Sunday have a special Ribs and slaw Takeaway meal ( Restaurants and crowded places still worry us ) to mark my birthday. Relax...

EDIT; scratch that, they just called from the shop and said there were many donations to the bookshop.....Thats Saturday Morning gone...

Last edited: Jun 12, 2021
    SeattleSheri likes this.
  5. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

It's a great weekend for catching up on the laundry.
    (The humidity is finally dropping lowing enough that stuff will actually dry outside.)

SeattleSheri likes this.
  6. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

...To catch up on some of the necessaries like laundry and Quicken entries but also for watching some of the shows on the DVR, reading, and scrapbooking.

SeattleSheri likes this.
  7. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Probably mowing the rest of the lawn today since yesterday a downpour stopped it. Then a night out with my honey - celebrating 38 years of marriage and my birthday the week before. On Sunday, after church, we leave for vacation in Williamsburg, VA. Our daughter & friend, our son & wife, and her parents are going with us. It will be interesting and fun!

I may scrap on vacation, but probably not. I will take lots of photos though!

SeattleSheri likes this.
  8. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Going to a small town festival and DS getting his second vaccine! We'll probably have dinner at a great Mexican place, too! Tomorrow is going to be my working outside day. I need to get mulch for my flower beds and clean up a few things.

SeattleSheri likes this.
  9. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Worked on the patio yesterday until I had a problem with the brand new power washer that worked fine on Thursday when a friend put it together for me. Wouldn't start yesterday :angry

Earlier today I watched the WKC streaming of the Havanese breed and later I will watch the streaming for the Lhasa Apso breed. My breeder does Havanese and has now added Lhasa Apso and is at WKC with her Lhasa. So I will cheer her on from afar.

Apparently my neighbor is home from vacation, he is now mowing my lawn. Guess I'll be staying inside for awhile to avoid the pollen!

SeattleSheri likes this.
  10. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

It’s a great weekend for getting with entirely vaccinated family, yay, yay! Thirteen-year-old Connor got his second shot last week so we are all now (hopefully) protected.

11. LivyBug

LivyBug I should be considered yarned and dangerous.

It's a great weekend for... Seeing family! We have my aunt and cousins in town and will see them tonight. Then tomorrow there's a birthday lunch for my cousin's husband. I think it will also be a good weekend to make some time for video gaming and/or scrapbooking between those events.

Edit: I know in the US we're in much different position with the virus, and I hope all our out-of-country friends can safely see their loved ones soon. :heartlub

SeattleSheri and gonewiththewind like this.
  12. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

What she said. LOL Well, except for gaming. I've managed to binge watch a bunch of videos on YouTube, had a couple of snooze naps, and now I'm catching up online. I hope to get some layouts posted and maybe another layout done before our company arrives at 6 pm.

13. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

We have nothing planned tonight, but the whole family is coming over for dinner tomorrow (Sunday) evening. We even invited the "significant others". We haven't had a big family dinner for a couple of weeks, so I'm really looking forward to it.

On a side note: Alyssa has been tapped to wrap the cat up like a burrito and trim his nails and Ava has been tapped to take our light over the kitchen table apart. It needs to be cleaned and it's a total PITA to get apart! Braden trimmed all of the weeds around the house today and put "critter repellent" all around the house.

Hey, nothing wrong with a little trade off, right?????

SeattleSheri likes this.
  14. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

It's a great weekend... to stay inside and play in my craft room! It's been so hot outside! ( wish I could send you a little heat Justine!) My hubby left at noon on Thursday for a week of fishing, so I took Friday off work and I've been painting and art journaling and cleaning my craft room! :)

LivyBug, Nemla and SeattleSheri like this.
  15. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

We got to spend unmasked indoors time with our friends for the first time since February 2020, and it was lovely! My friend turned 40, and my kiddos played with hers so I got to actually talk to her without being interrupted.

LivyBug and SeattleSheri like this.
  16. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I’m writing this on a Sunday night so it’s a great weekend to celebrate that tonight is the last Sunday night….in fact Sunday at all that my mum has to work. She’s been told medically that she can’t work full time any more, work after 8pm and have less than 12 hours between shifts so her Sunday night shift as of three hours time is gone for good. Now she will just work 4 days a week from 11.30am til 8pm (Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Saturday…weird days I know but when you work in hospitality/fast food there aren’t standard office hours!)

17. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

...recovering from the first shot of my covid vaccine!!
    no complaints about it, let's be honest, I prefer the side effects than Corona again.
    I got Oxford astrazeneca and boy, it is strong!!

yesterday was valentine's day in Brazil, we had to postpone any celebration here...LOL

LivyBug, rach3975 and SeattleSheri like this.
  18. zinzilah

zinzilah One step at a time

going to the pool, except the weather is awesome for everyone around, and they are all already at the pool, so instead it's a wonderful day to hide from the sun, make cakes and celebrate our cat's 1st Birthday, yay!

19. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Staying home in comfy clothes with soup on the go and tea filling my mug.

20. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

Yesterday I laid in my parents pool and watched the blue Angel's perform overhead..followed by a fancy prime rib dinner with the kids

Today eric got olive waygu steaks..and we are having them for dinner. I was awaken at 623 am by neelix with 100 kisses and belly rubs.. than slept till 1030 when mom brought me flowers from her garden and peach boba tea... now cuddles on couch..left overs for lunch.. and the day off to celebrate my 39th