Resolution question

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by littlekiwi, Jun 6, 2021.

1. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I've just used these frames for the first time and they opened with a resolution of 72 rather than 300? Is this correct or has something been stuffed up at my end? All the rest of my files whether I've created them myself or they've been a product file have been 300. I had a look at the description to see if I had missed something crucial and I don't think I did.

[​IMG]

2. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

@littlekiwi Jennifer, that does sound unusual. I see that Nicole states all her products are 300dpi. They are PSD files you are opening for these?

3. littlekiwi

I agree, it seemed strange hence why I’m double checking. As far as I’m aware, yes. I will double check tomorrow as I’ve turned off my laptop for the day now.

4. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

littlekiwi likes this.
  5. littlekiwi

I’ll double check my settings in the morning as it’s 11pm here….it may truely be user error but without double checking I’m not 100% sure.

Ferdy likes this.
  6. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

I used the frames, since I'm in NBK CT and I work 12x12 300 dpi files and the frames were good. I'll check in my photoshop as well, asap!

littlekiwi likes this.
  7. littlekiwi

Thanks @Ferdy for tagging @NBK-Design

Well cause I was curious and knew I wouldn't stop thinking about it all night I've gone and checked. It seems some of them have been done at 300dpi and others at 72dpi so I wasn't going crazy after all! The ones I've found that are 72dpi are:

Frames-1.png
    Frames-2.png
    Frames-1.psd (the long skinny one with the fine border)
    Frames-2.psd (the 6x4ish portrait one with the fine border and washi tape on top corners)

Ferdy likes this.
  8. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

I used those frames on a page recently and didn't notice bc I used the torn frame. It came in at 300. But I just looked at the the long skinny one, Frame 1, and you are correct Jennifer - it's saved at 72. So is frame 2 with the tape.

I'm sure Nicole will be able to correct this very soon.

littlekiwi likes this.
  9. littlekiwi

everything else came in at 300 except for those two frames which is why you wouldn't have noticed, where as I was using the non torn frames on my page @jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe likes this.
  10. NBK-Design

NBK-Design Designer

uupseyy
    seems that I forgot to change here the resolution to 300dpi. I will change that now.
    If you need a fast way to do that by yourself. here is a todo in Photoshop if you ever stumble over a 72 dpi element

1. go to Menue / Image / Image Size this following window will show.
    2. Check if the Resolution is by 72 dpi or any other size than 300 dpi
    3. be sure that the Resample is unchecked (most important if it that is checked your file will increase in size and gets blurry)
    4. then change the Resolution to 300 pixels / inch

You will see on the Image size that it stays the same, the width / height will change and get smaller. which is perfect and ok.

Hope that helps. If you need a new download, just send me a PM and I will send you a dropbox link for a fast Download

Bildschirmfoto 2021-06-06 um 14.46.27.jpg Bildschirmfoto 2021-06-06 um 14.46.36.jpg

bestcee, cfile and littlekiwi like this.
  11. littlekiwi

Ooh thanks for those tips @NBK-Design, honestly there is no rush on it . I won’t be on my laptop for about 8-12 hours now so don’t need it anytime soon.

12. littlekiwi

All fixed using the tutorial above. Thanks for the tips and confirming I wasn't going crazy after all @NBK-Design

bestcee and NBK-Design like this.