Would you rather | pad patter 6.1.21

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by keepscrappin, Jun 1, 2021.

1. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

I think I would choose the Maid if she does cleaning.

keepscrappin likes this.
  2. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

:compcoffee I had to laugh when I read this because the one and only time we hired a maid service, I had to have them reclean rooms and they still didn't get it to my liking so I had to clean after they left. There was still dust on my black furniture and they claimed it was their dusting rags. I even offered to let them use mine, but they said they couldn't... Never again. :furious

Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
    AJK and A-M like this.
  3. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

Personal chef ... I am so tired of dealing with picky eaters, then having them complain that I make the same meals over and over ... hello, you won’t eat anything else ...

Hopefully the chef menu plans, shops, cooks and cleans up.

keepscrappin likes this.
  4. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Well, in South Africa maid is a politically incorrect term, so I have a domestic worker.

Which means that I can choose a personal chef.
    I am so tired of the daily weight of choosing something to make for supper, sourcing the ingredients and then serving it in a pleasing and timely manner.

keepscrappin likes this.
  5. zakirahzakaria

zakirahzakaria Making to-do lists CHECK. Checking to-do lists...

Maid, please. I enjoy cooking and baking, but not the cleaning afterwards. So it'll definitely help me to enjoy cooking and baking even more :giggle

keepscrappin likes this.
  6. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Maid , any time. No question :laundry:winner

keepscrappin likes this.
  7. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

My hubby actually bought something like this... it's a set of brushes that you put in your cordless drill to power the brush for cleaning. :giggle Whatever "tools" he wants to buy if that means he's cleaning the shower... I'm TOTALLY cool with! Ha ha! I've never actually used them myself for some reason. When I clean the shower I just forget and do it with the old school hand held scrub brush.

8. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

It's a close tie for me between maid and personal chef... but I think I have to go with maid, because like Jenn said, I think I'd like cooking a whole lot more if I didn't have to clean up afterwards!

keepscrappin likes this.
  9. jaye

jaye My other car is a Zamboni!

It would be a maid, I hate household chores. I don't mind cooking and with it just being me and my 23 year old son, dinner is pretty easy.

keepscrappin likes this.
  10. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

Personal Chef. I have no creativity regarding food prep.

keepscrappin likes this.
  11. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I make the boys clean the bathroom in my house. My summer goal is to have the 11 year old cleaning the bathroom with no supervision!

keepscrappin and Memaw2Wm like this.
  12. bestcee

@Karen and @gonewiththewind Yes! My husband bought those brushes for his drill. They do great on the toilet too! And, they are kinda fun to use. Not much elbow grease required!

[​IMG]

There's also that shower spray cleaner. It only works if you have the glass enclosure though. It doesn't work well on the shower curtains. Oh my gosh! I just looked it up, and it's been discontinued.

keepscrappin and gonewiththewind like this.
  13. bestcee

I'm going with house cleaner.
    My kid is old enough, I don't need a nanny anymore. That's what electronics do! :rofl
    I actually enjoy cooking. I make what I want to eat for dinner, and if someone wants something else on the dinner rotation, they have to suggest it when I say I'm meal planning and grocery shopping.

keepscrappin likes this.
  14. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

15. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

Tough call between maid and chef, but I think I have to go with chef. Cleaning I can let go for a few days or save it up and do it all at once. Cooking is just so relentless--2 to 3 meals a day, every single day. We all eat different things, so it's never just one meal, either. A chef would free up the most time and mental energy for me.

keepscrappin likes this.
  16. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

Actually, I'd like a "mother's helper" ... my sister has two of them ... one comes in early in the day and the other comes in later so she has coverage from 7AM until 7PM. The helpers do everything ... shop, cook, bake, clean, laundry, nanny her kids ... anything she needs help with. I think the only thing they don't do is transport her kids to school/activities.

keepscrappin likes this.
  17. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Weeeelllll,
    Don’t need a nanny, :no2love to cook, :heartslubhubster and I enjoy our grocery hauls, and we had a maid for a year, but that place was a large house. Where we are now it just isn’t necessary.

Memaw2Wm and keepscrappin like this.
  18. meganmecrazy

meganmecrazy Caution: Randomly Breaks Out into Show tunes

A maid for sure!!!

keepscrappin likes this.
  19. sharonb

sharonb Cher Memere

Maid please!

keepscrappin likes this.
  20. G.J.

G.J. If I Could Turn Back Time